PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Barrett 50 style muzzle break

El Capo
04-17-2011, 9:57 PM
I recently purchased an AA 50 Beowulf upper for my AR15. I'd like to get a Barrett 50 c style muzzle breake to give it an aggressive look. Looking for the one like shark gill off the M82. Let me know what you got or where I mighy find one. Thanks

kel-tec-innovations
04-17-2011, 10:38 PM
Go to a machine shop and have them fabricate you one? should be about $150-$200 based on material used

supersonic
04-18-2011, 12:04 PM
I recently purchased an AA 50 Beowulf upper for my AR15. I'd like to get a Barrett 50 c style muzzle breake to give it an aggressive look. Looking for the one like shark gill off the M82. Let me know what you got or where I mighy find one. Thanks

Just a "heads up" for you: these type of muzzlebrakes (.50BMG, "Clamshell," etc.) not only weigh almost as much as your rifle alone , but the O.D. of a 50BMG barrel is anywhere from 1/4-3/4" more than your AR barrel. So, best case scenario will be an insanely front-heavy rifle that required major machine work and fitting. You might want to either get one custom made or contact JP Precision and see if they can bore & thread one of these for your particular application: http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.2_re.php

El Capo
04-24-2011, 10:37 PM
thanks for the pointers. Let me tell you, i took out that puppy this weekend and its a BEAST! My brother and I had a blast shooting that thing!