PDA

View Full Version : m1a/m-14 legallities

KevinUmali
11-15-2006, 9:11 PM
Hey all, new member here, and the reason I signed up is because I've been told so many rumors i dont know who to believe, and I thought you guys could be the people to help clear things up.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the DOJ is planning to put the m1a/m-14 on the list along with OLL AR type rifles of things we can no longer purchase. People have been saying its protected because it is does not have a pistol grip, but I have also been told that the rifle will be put on there because it is a semi auto rifle with a detachable mag. I hope you guys can clear the air on this, because I kinda had my heart set on getting myself a couple of fulton armory m-14's.

blkA4alb
11-15-2006, 9:14 PM
Simple answer, no. Listing only refers to AR/AK "series" weapons. Others may choose to go into more detail.

bu-bye
11-15-2006, 9:23 PM
If they ban the M1A/M14 because of features they are going to have a huge problem because there are a number of rifles that are semi auto and take mags. There are also hunting rifles with such iteams and the Gov knows that you don't mess with the hunters because they are a much bigger groupd then us weekend range shooters.

damon1272
11-15-2006, 9:24 PM
Just be careful of sb23 features such as flash suppressor, pistol grip, collaping stock and such. With the M1A the only evil feature that it could come with is a flash suppressor if you are buying an older M1A from a private party. A newer M1A would have a muzzle brake and no evil features. Search for sb23 and you will get a more in depth answer.

ohsmily
11-15-2006, 9:39 PM
Banning those rifles would require wholly new legislation not just an administrative action.

KevinUmali
11-15-2006, 9:49 PM
Thanks for the input fellas, I just wanted to get the info straight, So I am perfectly able to purchase a fulton armory m-14 on jan 2, 2007? I just want to make sure, since I am saving the next 3 months paycheck on it.

ohsmily
11-15-2006, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the input fellas, I just wanted to get the info straight, So I am perfectly able to purchase a fulton armory m-14 on jan 2, 2007? I just want to make sure, since I am saving the next 3 months paycheck on it.

Yeah, you are fine.

kantstudien
11-15-2006, 10:17 PM
Spend a bit more money and get an LRB Arms M14, they are the only ones (commercially) using a forged receiver.

PLINK
11-15-2006, 10:48 PM
I am in the market for a M1A also. I was looking at the Springfield Loaded with walnut stock or Scout with walnut stock. Are these not good anymore?

I will start to research other brands to compare I guess.

rorschach
11-15-2006, 11:53 PM
I wouldn't buy crap from Fulton after that coward Clint McKee backed out on that batch of offlist lowers.

metalhead357
11-16-2006, 6:42 AM
I wouldn't buy crap from Fulton after that coward Clint McKee backed out on that batch of offlist lowers.

Now that he DID do, but doesnt change that he does make some Kick but M14's....and most think/claim better than Springie; But If I could do it all over again then I'd be all over a LRB:D

anotherted
11-16-2006, 7:21 AM
Why waste your money on an FA. Just look for an older SA Inc. ALOT Less than Fulton and you dont have to wait damn near a year for your rifle. Plus Clint, Walt and the gang jerked californians around during the initial OLL craze.

6172crew
11-16-2006, 7:39 AM
Why waste your money on an FA. Just look for an older SA Inc. ALOT Less than Fulton and you dont have to wait damn near a year for your rifle. Plus Clint, Walt and the gang jerked californians around during the initial OLL craze.

+1000, the Fulton guy is a back stabber and the LRB guys are having issues with getting the receivers done.(how many LRB recivers do you see for sale?, some folks have been waiting for along time and are still empty handed).

I just bought a pre-ban built in 1992 with all GI parts NIB for $1500, that leaves me with a few bucks for ammo and maybe a ARMS or Smith mount.

somekevinguy
11-16-2006, 7:52 AM
How can you buy a preban now? Wouldn't that be an AW because of the flash suppressor?

Crazed_SS
11-16-2006, 9:19 AM
Couldnt the AG add the M1A by name to the list of banned rifles if he wanted?

KevinUmali
11-16-2006, 9:33 AM
i thought fultons were forged recievers also. oh well, so lrb's are suppose to be better quality, cuz thats another 400 dollars, its almost at a point where i can buy 2 springfields. I just want a forged reciever and chrome lined barrel that is quality. any suggestions, so nay on fulton, ye on lrb any others?

bwiese
11-16-2006, 10:00 AM
Banning those rifles would require wholly new legislation not just an administrative action.

Not quite true.

Up thru 12/31/06 DOJ could petition, under 12276.5, to a superior court in county of > 1Mil population, for additional non-series guns to be banned as AWs. It might be challengeable, but it could happen.