PDA

View Full Version : Jamming the Bradys

Pages : [1] 2

jdberger
04-16-2011, 12:11 PM
One of the ways for us to win this fight is by stripping the legitimacy from our opponents. Make them persona non-grata. Paint them as extremists. Make it too much of a hassle for organizations to select them as speakers. Marginalize them. Limit their influence to their own insular bubble.

Here is an opportunity to do just that. Read the article. Send an email in opposition to their choice of speaker.

http://m.newschannel9.com/news/city-1000323-gun-bringing.html

Please send emails to:

Richard Beeland (Media Relations) beeland_r@chattanooga.gov
Mayor Ron Littlefield mayor@chattanooga.gov
Dan Johnson (Chief of Staff) johnson_dan@chattanooga.gov
Jo Crawley (Mayor's Ofice Assistant) crawley_j@chattanooga.gov
Matt Lea (Special Asst to Mayor) lea_matt@chattanooga.gov
Mayor's Office mayor@mail.chattanooga.gov
Chattanooga Chief of Police Bobby H Dodd (no email)
Hamilton County Sherriff Jim Hammond (no email)
beeland_r@chattanooga.gov

The opposition is already losing ground. The current Administration is ignoring them, for the most part. Let's work to finish them off.

I'll post some sample communications as soon as I can get to a computer.

Not one inch.

Agent Orange
04-16-2011, 12:26 PM
Lets hope the administration ignores one of their latest videos. Talk about fear mongering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Va-Ll2vKw&feature=player_embedded

FS00008
04-16-2011, 12:30 PM
Who do we email?

yellowfin
04-16-2011, 1:06 PM
Kicking them out of school boards is another big thing to do.

Norsemen308
04-16-2011, 1:13 PM
Lets hope the administration ignores one of their latest videos. Talk about fear mongering:

how about getting a actor who doesn't flinch like a scowled dog every time he pulls the trigger??

SGT Loco
04-16-2011, 1:29 PM

Is "assault clips" a technical term?

pointedstick
04-16-2011, 2:05 PM
Is "assault clips" a technical term?

I think it's one of these:

http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/evil-assault-clip.jpg

Found at http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/index.php/2011/04/12/brady-campaignban-assault-clips/

sfpcservice
04-16-2011, 2:14 PM
Kicking them out of school boards is another big thing to do.

Getting rid of school boards altogether would be better.

jdberger
04-16-2011, 2:17 PM
Here's a flyer for the event.

http://media.timesfreepress.com/img/photos/2011/04/13/3_image_t618.jpg

I'm working on an email address.

jdberger
04-16-2011, 2:38 PM
Email addys posted above.

Feel free to sign up and post some supportive stuff here on the TN Gun Owners Forum. I'll be there shortly - I'm having a little trouble registering.

yakmon
04-16-2011, 3:00 PM
i wonder if they invited wayne la'pierre?

SierraApril
04-16-2011, 4:11 PM
When I saw that video for the first time, I was sure it had to be a spoof by SNL or The Onion or something. It is just so completely ridiculous and absurd.

It's disappointing to me that a campaign that resorts to such creepy, bizarre tactics can get anyone at all to take their message seriously.

N6ATF
04-16-2011, 4:16 PM
Delivery to the following recipients failed.

mayor@chattanooga.gov

What I sent:

Please pull Paul Helmke from the schedule, as he is one of the leading supporters of civil rights violations, namely infringing the inherent human right of self-defense (Heller v DC, McDonald v Chicago).

The Brady Campaign, nee Handgun Control, Inc., National Council to Control Handguns (NCCH), and the Center to Prevent Handgun Violence (CPHV), while it may publicly claim not to want to ban all handguns (the most effective tool for self-defense) from civilian use, had this as one of its earliest stated goals and consistently lobbies for incremental steps towards that end and argues in court briefs against striking down laws and practices that prevent law-abiders from effectively defending themselves.

In 1976, then chairman Nelson "Pete" Shields stated: "The final problem is to make possession of all handguns and ammunition (with a few exceptions) totally illegal." -Richard Harris, "A Reporter at Large: Handguns," New Yorker, July 26, 1976, 53, 58. Most recently, we can see their amicus briefs in Bateman v. Purdue and D'Cruz et al v. McCraw et al, and their lobbying to ban "assault clips" (sic)*.

Finally, please see here how gun control is rooted in racism: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz6NSfq0SYk (and it continues to be to this day, preventing lower-income minorities from being able to defend themselves via cost prohibitive, infringing regulations).

Sincerely,
N6ATF

*Which would effectively make law-abiders less accurate and effective in self-defensive shootings, while criminals remain unaffected by all bans, and celebrate being granted more firepower and safety than their victims (whether completely defenseless or marginally so).

Ford8N
04-16-2011, 4:19 PM
When I saw that video for the first time, I was sure it had to be a spoof by SNL or The Onion or something. It is just so completely ridiculous and absurd.

It's disappointing to me that a campaign that resorts to such creepy, bizarre tactics can get anyone at all to take their message seriously.

It works quite well in the state of California, the majority of voters here are stupid.

N6ATF
04-16-2011, 4:37 PM
No, they just know that you can't beat election tampering if the entire system of government would fall, should it be prosecuted.

press1280
04-16-2011, 4:48 PM
One good way is get Helmke in a big public debate w/Alan Gura or another gun rights expert. Make the forum so that they can go back and forth for long periods of time. I'd like to hear the Bradys talk about their support for may-issue, and have its Jim Crow roots exposed for all to see.

Otherwise its difficult to do since the media always tries to make them relevant, similiar to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

Wernher von Browning
04-16-2011, 4:51 PM

I blame the schools.

No, wait, "society's to blame."

Cokebottle
04-16-2011, 5:01 PM
Delivery to the following recipients failed.

mayor@chattanooga.gov

I don't know if it is correct or not, but two other addresses you might try would be:

mayor@ci.chattanooga.tn.us
<first initial><last name>@ci.chattanooga.tn.us

This format is very common for municipal IT departments.

Ubermcoupe
04-16-2011, 5:39 PM

Wow... Spray and pray, that dude needs to work on groups!:p

Maestro Pistolero
04-16-2011, 5:42 PM
My email:

Paul Helmke is horrible choice for a speaker

Dear Sirs and Madams,

It is difficult to imagine a worse choice of speaker for the gun violence summit in May.

Paul Helmke is the most partisan, polarizing, and extremist figure from the left who is associated with the very controversial and politically sensitive subject of how to deal with gun violence.

If the goal is to alienate more than half of your constituency, then congratulations, mission accomplished.

Christopher Hoffman

Swiss
04-16-2011, 6:04 PM
What if the SoCal Calgunners got a bunch of posters printed up and paid them a visit at their April 23rd event (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193049510733872) in Pasadena?

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l614/swiss10/BradyAdRev-1.jpg

(concept art only)

Cokebottle
04-16-2011, 6:10 PM
What if the SoCal Calgunners got a bunch of posters printed up and paid them a visit?

That rocks.... but you'd have to change the font for "Brady Campaign" and maybe add a 3rd stripe and star to the logo and maybe change the "wave" pattern to avoid a lawsuit.

Swiss
04-16-2011, 6:13 PM
Makes sense..just concept art at this point.
That rocks.... but you'd have to change the font for "Brady Campaign" and maybe add a 3rd stripe and star to the logo and maybe change the "wave" pattern to avoid a lawsuit.

Swiss
04-16-2011, 7:47 PM
Revised concept art....
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l614/swiss10/BradyAdRev2.jpg

Gray Peterson
04-16-2011, 7:54 PM
My email:

Paul Helmke is horrible choice for a speaker

Dear Sirs and Madams,

It is difficult to imagine a worse choice of speaker for the gun violence summit in May.

Paul Helmke is the most partisan, polarizing, and extremist figure from the left who is associated with the very controversial and politically sensitive subject of how to deal with gun violence.

If the goal is to alienate more than half of your constituency, then congratulations, mission accomplished.

Christopher Hoffman

Paul Helmke is the former conservative republican mayor of Ft. Wayne, Indiana. Do not be fooled: The leadership of the gun control movement, from James Brady to Sarah Brady to Paul Helmke, from the right side of the political spectrum. Right wingers can be just as authoritarian as their leftist colleagues.
Our RKBA has nothing to do with political orientation. Using such language in email gets an immediate turn off.

GOEX FFF
04-16-2011, 8:26 PM
Paul Helmke is the former conservative republican mayor of Ft. Wayne, Indiana. Do not be fooled: The leadership of the gun control movement, from James Brady to Sarah Brady to Paul Helmke, from the right side of the political spectrum. Right wingers can be just as authoritarian as their leftist colleagues.
Our RKBA has nothing to do with political orientation. Using such language in email gets an immediate turn off.

^^ That

People don't realize that Helmke IS a republican. He's also a Pacifist.

Yes, the left is more anti than the right...there are also bad righties as well.

ptoguy2002
04-16-2011, 8:27 PM
Maybe somebody can get on the Arfcom TN hometown forum and let them know that the Brady's are working on them now.
Not just a California thing anymore guys......

nicki
04-16-2011, 8:29 PM
He is a horrible choice to say the least, but they have some good people in Tenn. They will show Paul a southern welcome.

Nicki

jdberger
04-16-2011, 8:33 PM
Helmke was an (R) but I'm not sure exactly how "Conservative" he is. He's been actively backing candidates on the left side of the aisle for some time.

Further, pegging him as a "lefty" makes him a polarizing figure - something that folks shy away from. True or not - repeat it long enough and it becomes the meme. With the BC - everything is fair game.

Swiss - I'd rather you not change the original sign. Parody is protected expression. Even if they were stupid enough to sue, I'd welcome a copyright lawsuit from the BC. I can only imagine the amount of useful discovery that would come out of such an action.

Cokebottle
04-16-2011, 8:35 PM
Maybe somebody can get on the Arfcom TN hometown forum and let them know that the Brady's are working on them now.
Not just a California thing anymore guys......
The rest of the country is in denial.

"That kind of thing only happens in California"

yakmon
04-16-2011, 8:46 PM
my feeling is that Helmke is kind of like some of us, a single issue voter. Or single issue sell out, depending on how you look at it. He'll endorse any issue, candidate or measure that is anti-gun, to keep the Bradey paychecks rolling.

ptoguy2002
04-16-2011, 8:57 PM
What if the SoCal Calgunners got a bunch of posters printed up and paid them a visit at their April 23rd event (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193049510733872) in Pasadena?

(concept art only)

I'm in for this!!

locosway
04-16-2011, 9:39 PM

Flagged for youth violence.

AndrewMendez
04-16-2011, 9:50 PM
Helmke was an (R) but I'm not sure exactly how "Conservative" he is. He's been actively backing candidates on the left side of the aisle for some time.

Further, pegging him as a "lefty" makes him a polarizing figure - something that folks shy away from. True or not - repeat it long enough and it becomes the meme. With the BC - everything is fair game.

Swiss - I'd rather you not change the original sign. Parody is protected expression. Even if they were stupid enough to sue, I'd welcome a copyright lawsuit from the BC. I can only imagine the amount of useful discovery that would come out of such an action.

Clear parody is very much prodected.....If I may play along....

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo119/bbiggs_/Brady_Campaign_logo.gif

Swiss
04-16-2011, 9:58 PM
If that's the case then I certainly prefer my first version over the second.

Lone_Gunman
04-17-2011, 3:09 AM
I'd like to see one that says:

BRADY CAMPAIGN
to prevent gun violence

SELF DEFENSE?
We'd rather you just die.
(It helps further our agenda)

GaryV
04-17-2011, 9:39 AM
I really like the idea of following Helmke's schedule and swamping any group inviting him with fact-based pleas to withhold or withdraw any invitation. We obviously have overwhelming numbers on our side, and can probably be quite effective in significantly reducing the number of public fora to which he has access.

I sent a rather lengthy email to all the listed addresses. Here's just my concluding paragraph:

In summary, this whole event is a highly offensive abuse of public resources to promote a thoroughly invalidated political agenda, one which all the best national scientific and sociological data conclusively demonstrate has no causal relationship to violent crime in this country. And to top it off, the featured speaker is one of the most offensive and irrelevant voices on the subject, a mouthpiece for an organization that has again and again shown that it both does not understand the issue of violent crime at all, and in fact has as its one and only goal the removal of private firearms ownership, irrespective of the effect such an act would have on violent crime. In the name of every citizen, voter, and tax payer, I ask that you not allow your concern over violent crime in the city, and your desire to do something to reduce it, be hijacked by an extremist who couldn't care less about the safety of people in Chattanooga, and is only concerned with using your event as an opportunity to further his own private political agenda. Retract the invitation of Paul Helmke to this event, and at least consider recasting the entire debate in terms of violence, not guns.

hoffmang
04-17-2011, 11:43 AM
I'd like to see one that says:

BRADY CAMPAIGN
to prevent gun violence

SELF DEFENSE?
We'd rather you die.
(Dancing on your grave helps further our agenda!)

Fixed it for you.

-Gene

Gio
04-17-2011, 12:38 PM

:iagree:

Hank Stamper
04-17-2011, 5:57 PM
In 1969, journalist William Safire asked Richard Nixon what he thought about gun control. "Guns are an abomination," Nixon replied. According to Safire, Nixon went on to confess that, "Free from fear of gun owners' retaliation at the polls, he favored making handguns illegal and requiring licenses for hunting rifles."

It was President George Bush, Sr. who banned the import of "assault weapons" in 1989, and promoted the view that Americans should only be allowed to own weapons suitable for "sporting purposes."

It was Governor Ronald Reagan of California who signed the Mulford Act in 1967, "prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street." The law was aimed at stopping the Black Panthers, but affected all gun owners.

Twenty-four years later, Reagan was still pushing gun control. "I support the Brady Bill," he said in a March 28, 1991 speech, "and I urge the Congress to enact it without further delay."

One of the most aggressive gun control advocates today is Republican mayor Rudolph Giuliani of New York City, whose administration sued 26 gun manufacturers in June 2000, and whose police commissioner, Howard Safir, proposed a nationwide plan for gun licensing, complete with yearly "safety" inspections.

Another Republican, New York State Governor George Pataki, on August 10, 2000, signed into law what The New York Times called "the nation’s strictest gun controls," a radical program mandating trigger locks, background checks at gun shows and "ballistic fingerprinting" of guns sold in the state. It also raised the legal age to buy a handgun to 21 and banned "assault weapons," the sale or possession of which would now be punishable by seven years in prison

RomanDad
04-17-2011, 6:27 PM
Wow.... Whats that guy got against Pippy Longstocking?

Cokebottle
04-17-2011, 9:15 PM
In 1969, journalist William Safire asked Richard Nixon what he thought about gun control. "Guns are an abomination," Nixon replied. According to Safire, Nixon went on to confess that, "Free from fear of gun owners' retaliation at the polls, he favored making handguns illegal and requiring licenses for hunting rifles."

It was President George Bush, Sr. who banned the import of "assault weapons" in 1989, and promoted the view that Americans should only be allowed to own weapons suitable for "sporting purposes."

It was Governor Ronald Reagan of California who signed the Mulford Act in 1967, "prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street." The law was aimed at stopping the Black Panthers, but affected all gun owners.

Twenty-four years later, Reagan was still pushing gun control. "I support the Brady Bill," he said in a March 28, 1991 speech, "and I urge the Congress to enact it without further delay."

One of the most aggressive gun control advocates today is Republican mayor Rudolph Giuliani of New York City, whose administration sued 26 gun manufacturers in June 2000, and whose police commissioner, Howard Safir, proposed a nationwide plan for gun licensing, complete with yearly "safety" inspections.

Another Republican, New York State Governor George Pataki, on August 10, 2000, signed into law what The New York Times called "the nationís strictest gun controls," a radical program mandating trigger locks, background checks at gun shows and "ballistic fingerprinting" of guns sold in the state. It also raised the legal age to buy a handgun to 21 and banned "assault weapons," the sale or possession of which would now be punishable by seven years in prison
And your point?

Tell us of all of the anti-gun-control measures signed by Democrats.
Tell us of pro-gun comments made by Obama, Emmanuel, Sotomayor, Kennedy, Boxer, etc....

Outside of Harry Reid and some of the southern Democrats, you can't.

The Shadow
04-18-2011, 9:23 AM

Another Republican, New York State Governor George Pataki, on August 10, 2000, signed into law what The New York Times called "the nationís strictest gun controls," a radical program mandating trigger locks, background checks at gun shows and "ballistic fingerprinting" of guns sold in the state. It also raised the legal age to buy a handgun to 21 and banned "assault weapons," the sale or possession of which would now be punishable by seven years in prison

I appreciate what you're saying, and I dislike it as much as you do. However, there is a difference between then and now.

1. When those laws were enacted, we as a state and country were still fairly new to the concept of gun control laws. Since there was no real model in the United States to show what would happen if gun bans were put in place, no one knew how little effect gun bans would have on crime. When you look at the period of time that passed from '68 to '91, you're only talking about 23 years.

2. We know bans don't work and in fact we know that a disarmed populace only causes crime to increase, which lends credence to Thomas Jefferson's quote of Cesare Beccaria, which says, "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." With the exception of a couple of RINOs, Republicans have abandoned the gun ban platform, and a few Democrats in progun states have followed suit.

3. Even though we know that gun bans don't work, most democrats still insist on making more gun control laws instead of dealing with the real problem which is criminal control. When someone commits a crime with a firearm, they blame the firearm. When a person commits suicide with a firearm, they blame the firearm. When a person is accidentally shot with a firearm, they blame the firearm. Antigun extremists overlook personal responsibility and blame the inanimate object simply because they personally don't like firearms and they can't get past their own bias.

jdberger
04-18-2011, 10:57 AM

(concept art only)

Swiss? Could you make me a poster size file of that? 24"x36"ish?

Swiss
04-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Not sure where to find a high-res original of the Brady artwork.

Swiss? Could you make me a poster size file of that? 24"x36"ish?

Ford8N
04-18-2011, 5:18 PM
3. Even though we know that gun bans don't work, most democrats still insist on making more gun control laws instead of dealing with the real problem which is criminal control. When someone commits a crime with a firearm, they blame the firearm. When a person commits suicide with a firearm, they blame the firearm. When a person is accidentally shot with a firearm, they blame the firearm. Antigun extremists overlook personal responsibility and blame the inanimate object simply because they personally don't like firearms and they can't get past their own bias.

Very well spoken. Republicans are just as bad though. Both sides go after firearms because it's the "easy" solution. The true solutions of crime control isn't going to be very "politically correct". It's a huge elephant in the room.

Ronco
04-18-2011, 5:48 PM

+1

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=94582&stc=1&d=1303173621

I can't believe they would do this.

PEBKAC
04-18-2011, 5:49 PM
Not sure where to find a high-res original of the Brady artwork.
You could vector it in Illustrator. Or I could vector it in illustrator if you can give me a couple days.

Swiss
04-18-2011, 6:34 PM
I was gonna do it the hard way in AutoCAD. Sounds like you're ready to go so please have at it.

You could vector it in Illustrator. Or I could vector it in illustrator if you can give me a couple days.

N6ATF
04-18-2011, 6:48 PM
I was Googling for silhouettes and it appears the International Criminals Union bought stock photos and put the rings on them for target practice and propaganda via their members in the Brady Campaign. So you can save a step if you have a stock photo account.

resident-shooter
04-18-2011, 8:08 PM
moar assault clips for evriwan !

Vipersx911
04-18-2011, 9:13 PM

I dont see how someone can campaign so hard against something if they cant even get the basic facts right. Let them ban assault clips, just dont let them ban magazines...

PEBKAC
04-18-2011, 10:02 PM
I was gonna do it the hard way in AutoCAD. Sounds like you're ready to go so please have at it.
Roger that.

jdberger
04-18-2011, 10:21 PM
Thanks, Guys.

sixtus
04-19-2011, 1:40 AM
Sending email now.

sixtus
04-19-2011, 1:41 AM
Also, for the lulz.

http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/2011/04/12/ban-dassault-clips/

sixtus
04-19-2011, 1:51 AM
Thank you Shadow for the quote. I used it myself.

Although I am not a member of your city, I must strongly urge you to not allow Mr. Helmke to speak at the summit. He will champion one thing and one thing only, and that is the banning or heavy restriction of firearms, which does nothing but disarm the civilian populace who are preyed upon by criminals.

Thomas Jefferson once quoted "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one."

That is what the Brady Campaign want to do, is disarm the entire populace of America under the misguided notion that a disarmed populace is a safe populace. I tell you that if that is the truth, then why does Britain and Japan still have criminal activity?

The real issue at hand in your city is criminal violence, and there are other ways to that goal that are incredibly more effective, such as more funding for your police department to hire more officers or give better training.

Dreaded Claymore
04-19-2011, 2:07 AM
Also, for the lulz.

http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/2011/04/12/ban-dassault-clips/

Calguns: 4chan, with firearms.

sixtus
04-19-2011, 2:18 AM

Heh. :D

sargenv
04-19-2011, 7:25 AM
Wow.. where can I get a left handed revolver like the one shown? The left handed guys would pay big money for those!!

I've never SEEN a left handed revolver like the one shown..

:rolleyes:

Here's a flyer for the event.

http://media.timesfreepress.com/img/photos/2011/04/13/3_image_t618.jpg

I'm working on an email address.

Swiss
04-19-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm pretty sure they changed the Pasadena date but there are now details posted:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193049510733872

Time
Thursday, April 21 ∑ 7:00pm - 9:00pm
119 E. Colorado Blvd. (Old Town)
Pasadena, California
Created By
California Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
More Info
ix Tapa Cantina Restaurant
119 E. Colorado Blvd. (Old Town)
Pasadena, CA 91105

Bring a sign. Tell ix Tapa Restaurant to implement a gun-free dining policy. For more info: 1ofamillion@comcast.net

dawgcasa
04-19-2011, 12:47 PM
One key point is the completely illogical belief system by the Brady bunch that the 2nd amendment isn't really a fundamental right, despite it's inclusion in the Bill of Rights and SCOUS having declared it a fundamental right. Their belief of the desired end (stop gun deaths) justifies any means (banning or severely restricting access to handguns) to that end ignores most factual analysis. E.g., that banning guns increases violent crimes and locales that allow law abiding carry see falling violent crime rates. Actually, if you assumed for just the thought experiment that the Brady bunch could pick ANY one fundamental right to infringe to prevent violent deaths they'd probably be much better off targeting the 4th amendment to allow LEO to search and arrest anyone without warrants or probable cause. Now, that'd lead to an authoritarian police state, so to the Bradys maybe those hypothetical saved lives aren't worth that particular sacrifice of liberty, but they're happy to target the 2nd for infringement when its a proven fact that denying law abiding citizens a right to armed self defense (keep & bear) will never prevent criminals from arming themselves and using those arms to commit violent crimes. Thats because the Bradys don't see the 2nd as a right and it isn't one that they see themselves ever exercising in their own world view. The police are there to protect you, right? But they do view the 4th as core to their own personal liberty so that 'means' isn't in their playbook even though it's on equal footing with the 2nd.

madmike
04-19-2011, 1:01 PM
And your point?

Tell us of all of the anti-gun-control measures signed by Democrats.
Tell us of pro-gun comments made by Obama, Emmanuel, Sotomayor, Kennedy, Boxer, etc....

Outside of Harry Reid and some of the southern Democrats, you can't.

The point: Believing that gun control is the domain of only one party is a grave mistake. A mistake we can not afford to make.

BlindRacer
04-19-2011, 4:16 PM

(concept art only)

Does this still need to be created? I am a Professional Illustratorist through Adobe...PITA for short. But seriously, Illustrator is my second language.

puppy8a9
04-19-2011, 4:21 PM
I could do these for $13 each 20 X 30 with your permission

I would be willing to make several of these by tomorrow with consent of course.

jdberger
04-19-2011, 4:21 PM
Does this still need to be created? I am a Professional Illustratorist through Adobe...PITA for short. But seriously, Illustrator is my second language.

Swiss?

If it's ok with Swiss, yes. In fact I'd like to be able to get it to a printer by this evening/tomorrow morning if at all possible.

Thanks

jdberger
04-19-2011, 4:22 PM
I could do these for $13 each 20 X 30 with your permission

I would be willing to make several of these by tomorrow with consent of course.

Check your PMs.

Swiss
04-19-2011, 4:33 PM
Hell yes it's OK. Have at it and good luck!

Swiss?

If it's ok with Swiss, yes. In fact I'd like to be able to get it to a printer by this evening/tomorrow morning if at all possible.

Thanks

BlindRacer
04-19-2011, 4:36 PM
I'm actually almost done with them for free, if that's okay

ptoguy2002
04-19-2011, 4:50 PM
These need to be in Pasadena on Thursday.

BlindRacer
04-19-2011, 5:02 PM
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z307/quiktaco/BradyPoster.jpg?t=1303257725

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z307/quiktaco/BradyPoster.jpg?t=1303257725

BlindRacer
04-19-2011, 5:06 PM
How do I put up the full size image here?

Wernher von Browning
04-19-2011, 5:10 PM
Totally freaking awesome...

Suggestion -- put "everyone" in italics, or (very thin) underline? For emphasis.

BlindRacer
04-19-2011, 5:11 PM
Whoever needs this, pm me your email, and I'll email you the full size jpeg.

Swiss
04-19-2011, 5:12 PM
Exxxxxcellent!

CHS
04-19-2011, 5:18 PM
Whoever needs this, pm me your email, and I'll email you the full size jpeg.

What about a vector (pdf, ai, svg) instead? That way it can be scaled up or down without any loss in image quality.

BlindRacer
04-19-2011, 5:20 PM
I've got the vector ai file if whoever it is can use that.

I've got to leave from work, so I sent the stuff to my home email. Let me know so I can send this on.

And should I make the 'Everyone' in italics?

Swiss
04-19-2011, 5:21 PM
The original Brady art is about "assault clips" making everyone a target; to keep it about who/what is making us all a target, IMO any added emphasis would be on the "we".

Totally freaking awesome...

Suggestion -- put "everyone" in italics, or (very thin) underline? For emphasis.

Wernher von Browning
04-19-2011, 5:22 PM
And should I make the 'Everyone' in italics?

That was my suggestion but what do I know, I'm not the "creative talent" here and I don't want to hijack somebody else's project. Only pointing it out for the stakeholders to consider and adopt, or ignore.

Muttley
04-19-2011, 5:45 PM
Im new to gun politics but that video confuses me .... So this this guy can go out and make a video about school buses and tells everyone that we need to ban school buses due to the risk of killing lots of innocent children???

I get what everyone is upset about.... banning magazines will not help if you have an idiot behind the wheel...

I can't believe how stupid some politicians are...

puppy8a9
04-19-2011, 5:48 PM
send me a larger file if you can

BlindRacer
04-19-2011, 5:59 PM
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z307/quiktaco/BradySmall.jpg?t=1303261096

Swiss
04-19-2011, 6:08 PM
I think it takes the emphasis off of the Brady Campaign. Put it to a vote and make it a group decision:
1) Emphasis on "Everyone"
2) Emphasis on "We"
3) No emphasis on any words.

Swiss
04-19-2011, 6:10 PM
Here's the Brady original for comparison:

http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/billboards/Flat_Billboards/bb-banassaultclips1.jpg

BlindRacer
04-19-2011, 6:14 PM
Well, let me know, and I'll change it. I've got to run to the store for a bit, but I'll definitely get this done tonight.

BlindRacer
04-19-2011, 6:15 PM
Oh, I can change the background to match closer to the Brady ad. Seeing it next to eachother, mine looks like crap.

Swiss
04-19-2011, 6:20 PM
Sounds perfect. Parody perfection.

Oh, I can change the background to match closer to the Brady ad. Seeing it next to eachother, mine looks like crap.

BlindRacer
04-19-2011, 6:26 PM
So what's the word on changing the italics/underlining?

Take off one, take of both, which one?

Already added texture, so that part is ready. Let me know.

Swiss
04-19-2011, 6:30 PM
My vote is for no emphasis (#3) but would be OK with emphasis on "We" (#2).

We know Wernher likes emphasis on "Everyone" (#1).

Just need a bit more feedback from others...

puppy8a9
04-19-2011, 6:31 PM
Thanks, got it. How many?

jwkincal
04-19-2011, 6:37 PM
Don't change their wording...

i.e. the poster should STILL read "THEY" make everyone a target.

Brady Campaign: they make everyone a target.

Now the sign is just a paste-up of their own sign. Really hoist them upon their own petard.

BlindRacer
04-19-2011, 6:54 PM
That's a good idea

Swiss
04-19-2011, 6:57 PM
Disagree. It makes it merely accusatory and dilutes the surprise and the parody. Deviating from parody too far can land you in hot water though I have no idea where the line is drawn..

Now the sign is just a paste-up of their own sign. Really hoist them upon their own petard.

Wernher von Browning
04-19-2011, 7:10 PM

Oh. Right. I had to see the original to "get" it. Both versions already have "everyone" so no need to emphasize that; rather, the contrast between "assault clips" making everyone a target, and the Brady Bunch making everyone a target.

I withdraws my segestation.

ptoguy2002
04-19-2011, 7:17 PM
Add to the bottom "parody, nor to be taken seriously" in small text.

Good read: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hustler_Magazine_v._Falwell

lrcasey
04-19-2011, 8:00 PM
Where else on the web would be good places to post these posters? The more people that see them the more will hopefully pass them along.

BlindRacer
04-19-2011, 8:11 PM
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z307/quiktaco/FinalBradyPoster-small.jpg?t=1303269045

BlindRacer
04-19-2011, 8:12 PM
Add to the bottom "parody, nor to be taken seriously" in small text.

Good read: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hustler_Magazine_v._Falwell

Woops, forgot that...I'll add that now.

johndoe2150
04-19-2011, 8:17 PM
I still think someone needs to take a picture of a glock with 3 stripper clips glued together. Saying "is this an assault clip?"

PEBKAC
04-19-2011, 8:19 PM
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2984/wemakeeveryoneatarget1.png

EDIT: mod "they": http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/6052/wemakeeveryoneatargetfo.png

EDIT the 2nd: if they aren't showing up when you click the link...right click the link and select "save link as". The only time the images loaded for me was from my desktop which is a uber machine hewn from living rock in the nether by gnomes so...

If you want the .ai file, or a swf/svg/tiff export, just ask.

If you need something changed, drop me a PM or post in this thread, I'll be watching. ;)

BlindRacer
04-19-2011, 8:24 PM
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z307/quiktaco/FinalBradyPoster-small-1.jpg?t=1303269867

Wernher von Browning
04-19-2011, 8:34 PM
Saying "is this an assault clip?"

Naw. This is an assault clip.

http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/index.php/2011/04/12/brady-campaignban-assault-clips/

Or maybe this is.
http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/2011/04/14/assault-clips-2/

Or
http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/2nd-amendment-issues/56029-ban-assault-clips-no-seriously-3.html

or
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2418189

or, finally, and then I'll stop, I promise,
http://www.strictlyhighgrade.com/files/RoachClip.jpg

The Bradys have just had a massive meme fail. Wonder if they realize that yet.

Cokebottle
04-19-2011, 8:41 PM
OMG! Kitteh will die!

It's an Evil DRUM Assault Clip!

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/forum/uploads/monthly_03_2011/post-1699-129919767646.jpg

Dreaded Claymore
04-19-2011, 9:54 PM

Agreed. This version is best.

I like how they're telling President Obama to ban something, instead of Congress, who might actually have the power to do it.

Swiss
04-19-2011, 10:13 PM
If that's the majority vote then you have my blessing

jdberger
04-19-2011, 11:15 PM
for some strange reason I get all red xs.

In any event, it's possible that the planned opportunity to use the signs might have....changed.

of course - the opposition will continue to offer us plenty of opportunities in the future.

jdberger
04-20-2011, 12:53 AM
This is back on....if y'all are interested. Please PM me for details.

At the very least, it should be fun.

puppy8a9
04-20-2011, 1:15 AM
It will be interesting regardless of where you are on the political arena. I think there will be some division on how to handle this issue. I hate to see Brady feel like a winner but we also want to avoid looking like gun nuts.

puppy8a9
04-20-2011, 1:18 AM
BTW anyone planning to go from the Bay Area I will be leaving at 9-10 am from Concord and do not mind other riders if you need picked up on the way or can meet me. I will be returning after the event at ungodly hours. My van will be the obvious one with the 2nd amendment lettered across the bumper and various gun related professional lettering.

oaklander
04-20-2011, 3:05 AM
Like.

This is back on....if y'all are interested. Please PM me for details.

At the very least, it should be fun.

ptoguy2002
04-20-2011, 7:22 AM
From the LA gig thread:
55.07 Los Angeles Municipal Code, Demonstration Equipment Prohibited.
Sub (a)

*No Person shall carry or possess,
*While participating in any demonstration, rally, picket line, or public assembly,
*Any length of lumber, wood, or wood lath,
*Unless that object is one-fourth inch or less in thickness and two inches or less in width,
*Or if not generally rectangular in shape, such object shall not exceed three-quarters inch in its thickest dimension.

Note: Heavy staffs for carrying placards during street demonstrations have been used as weapons, and have injured officers dutifully enforcing laws relating to public assemblies. The above ordinance is directed toward preserving the safety of officers, the general public, and persons taking part in demonstrations.

57.10.31 Los Angeles Municipal Code, Obstruction of Aisles and Passageways.

*No person shall willfully,
*Block, Impede or obstruct,
*Any Aisle, passageway, hallway, lobby, foyer or stairways,
*Leading to or from any entrance or exist required by law within any office building, public building, place of business, hotel or other structure,
*With the intent to prevent, delay, hinder or interfere with the free use of such passageway,
*By any other person who is within, entering, occupying or leaving said premises.

SanPedroShooter
04-20-2011, 7:32 AM
I like "we" better than "they", less accusatory. "We" blurs the line between what our agenda may be. "We" is sarcasm at its finest, "they" is a straight forward statement.
"We" leaves you asking questions.

Are "we" for brady or against it? If the sign holder is for, he wants everyone to "be a target" if against, brady wants everyone to be a target. The visual with the little girl is definitely a step over the line. Even fence sitters can understand that.

and all I get is red x's too.

I think a shirt with a further outrageous brady statement would complete the look. People would say, "who are these people? what are they doing?." It takes the brady argument to a level of ad absurdum beyond what they achieve on there own. We need to demonstrate the silliness of their argument. There's no better way to do that than by just repeating it, with a few subtle changes.
Satire and mockery work so much better than self importance. We dont want to argue on their terms because their terms are ridiculous, Assault clips?? Really? Much better to take the position that our arguments are so solid they dont even need to be put forward, all we have to do is shine a spotlight on brady and they will make our argument for us.

Using "they" points a not to subtle finger and puts us on equal footing. It becomes "we say, they say" thus giving equal merit to each. We can prove we are above them by just exposing their message to ridicule.
Its the reason no one wants to go first in politics. It's very easy to mock something without comparing it to anything else. Not fair if you think through, but most people dont care about facts etc... Just like they've used that meaningless term of art "assault weapon" for all it worth, its all about a visceral reaction, that why they show a taget with a little girl. We need to throw this back in their face big time, especially if we only have a second to display a sign on TV, in newspaper picture, or to a guy driving by in his car. We need to make them wish they never came up with that sign.

BlindRacer
04-20-2011, 8:13 AM
So, are we going to go with we, or they?

daveinwoodland
04-20-2011, 8:25 AM
I sent this to all of the links:

This is compiled from both FBI and DOJ statistics. These facts are repeatedly ignored and misreported by the media in general. Please be fair and take the time to read through them.

Thank You,

Dave Edmonds
California

Here is the link: http://gunowners.org/fs0404.htm

ptoguy2002
04-20-2011, 8:59 AM
So, are we going to go with we, or they?

I think they.
It is verbatim what the original said.
"We" also implies that you are with the Brady's, which may be an issue, cause you are not.

BlindRacer
04-20-2011, 9:05 AM
I think they.
It is verbatim what the original said.
"We" also implies that you are with the Brady's, which may be an issue, cause you are not.

Okay, cool. So you have everything you need for this?

SanPedroShooter
04-20-2011, 9:06 AM
Dont you see how causing confusion about which side the sign carrier is on can be a good thing? If the sign implies "we" are with brady, the fact that is says "we make everyone at target" can only hurt them.
If it says "they" you get into antagonistic back and forth that everyone just tunes out.
I think "we" starts people thinking.

BlindRacer
04-20-2011, 9:09 AM
Dont you see how causing confusion about which side the sign carrier is on can be a good thing? If the sign implies "we" are with brady, the fact that is says "we make everyone at target" can only hurt them.
If it says "they" you get into antagonistic back and forth that everyone just tunes out.
I think "we" starts people thinking.

I made a new jpeg with 'we' and sent it on to him. So which ever way is decided to go, the poster art is already done.

BlindRacer
04-20-2011, 9:12 AM
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z307/quiktaco/Brady-we-small.png?t=1303315916

BlindRacer
04-20-2011, 9:13 AM
I'm kinda leaning in the 'We make' way as well. I think it's more clear. But the problem would come when people think that those holding these signs are actually with the Brady Campaign. Don't know. I'm sure either way would work, and most people would understand the message whichever is chosen.

SanPedroShooter
04-20-2011, 9:15 AM
Either way its AWESOME! Thanks to swiss for the concept and everyone who put in work on this. It looks great!
My opinion is confusion about which side of the issue the holder is on could be a good thing. Unless people take "we" to mean gun owners, but it says Brady campaign right in it. Either way works to our advantage. That image is going to turn people off big time, no matter what it says. People need to see how far brady is willing to go.

FatalKitty
04-20-2011, 9:40 AM
looks perfect with "we" in it, and gets the message across well

but how about just
"makes everyone a target"

leaving out the we, they, us, whatever - unmistakable

jdberger
04-20-2011, 10:03 AM
I'd like to get this to a printer today. Could you guys please come to a consensus? The only one I can see is Pebkak's and that one is fine with me.

Swiss
04-20-2011, 10:07 AM
That was the idea...

I'm kinda leaning in the 'We make' way as well. I think it's more clear. But the problem would come when people think that those holding these signs are actually with the Brady Campaign. Don't know. I'm sure either way would work, and most people would understand the message whichever is chosen.

lrcasey
04-20-2011, 10:48 AM
I agree with going with "We" to better blend in.

jdberger
04-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Need some help.

I need someone to print the signs for us. Our usual printer is going on vacation and can't do it.

PM me for details.

ptoguy2002
04-20-2011, 1:06 PM
Need some help.

I need someone to print the signs for us. Our usual printer is going on vacation and can't do it.

PM me for details.

Local office depot takes 24 hours.

jdberger
04-20-2011, 1:09 PM
Can these be divided into 3 parts and glued to posterboard?

ptoguy2002
04-20-2011, 1:27 PM
Can these be divided into 3 parts and glued to posterboard?

Local printer guy is looking at it...wont' be cheap though.

Plan B is print in color in 11x17 here at work and paste it together.
I tried, and can't split it nicely in half.
->Can somebody else split this and make it so it is a pdf that will print out right on 11x17?
-?ETA, and if possible on a white back ground.

BlindRacer
04-20-2011, 1:58 PM
Local printer guy is looking at it...wont' be cheap though.

Plan B is print in color in 11x17 here at work and paste it together.
I tried, and can't split it nicely in half.
->Can somebody else split this and make it so it is a pdf that will print out right on 11x17?
-?ETA, and if possible on a white back ground.

I just recreated it with a white background, and sent it to you as a pdf on 11x17. That should work if you want to blow it up as well.

Hopefully I'm understanding what it is that you needed.

BlindRacer
04-20-2011, 2:05 PM
link to poster (http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z307/quiktaco/brady11x17.png?t=1303333408)
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z307/quiktaco/brady11x17.png?t=1303333408

link to other poster (http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z307/quiktaco/Brady-we-small.png?t=1303333494)
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z307/quiktaco/Brady-we-small.png?t=1303333494

ptoguy2002
04-20-2011, 2:53 PM
A local printer is doing 4 of these at 24x36 on corrugated plastic.
It wasn't cheap, hence only 4.
He says by the end of the day.

I've asked Blindracer to edit the image so it will print out on two sheets of 11x17 (so when combined it will be 22x34) as a plan B, and to get more if needed.

->Important note: If somebody who is committed to going can get these from me tonight, that would be best. If SHTF at work (like it does on occasion) my timing will be off to arrive. So I would prefer to hand off to somebody who we know for sure can make it.
I am in Ontario for work till late, and will be in South OC later tonight.

BlindRacer
04-20-2011, 3:08 PM

I've asked Blindracer to edit the image so it will print out on two sheets of 11x17 (so when combined it will be 22x34) as a plan B, and to get more if needed.

->Important note: If somebody who is committed to going can get these from me tonight, that would be best. If SHTF at work (like it does on occasion) my timing will be off to arrive. So I would prefer to hand off to somebody who we know for sure can make it.

I'm still trying to understand what you are meaning here. And this new measurement is confusing me more. 22x34 would be 4 sheets of 11x17, would it not? So are you asking for 2 sheets... 17x22?

jdberger
04-20-2011, 3:20 PM

Make sure that you forward me the bill for printing.

ptoguy2002
04-20-2011, 3:44 PM
Printer just showed up:

BlindRacer
04-20-2011, 3:57 PM
nice :cool:

ptoguy2002
04-20-2011, 4:38 PM
And here is / was plan B.
Can do as many of plan B as I need to.
Thanks much to Blindracer for the file formatting and splitting.

jdberger
04-20-2011, 4:41 PM
FWIW - the ones up top in post 131 print nicely on a sheet of landscaped 8.5x11

BlindRacer
04-20-2011, 4:41 PM
Cool!

And please, no requests for the second page of that to bring to the range :rolleyes:

puppy8a9
04-20-2011, 5:10 PM
I printed two today I will bring but not sure I can stand with a sign. I have other images and signs from oleg volk printed for others too. Mine are 20 X 30. 1 hour to print at Sams Club for just over $9 each glued to poster board from walmart $2.88 each

Good job guys

jdberger
04-20-2011, 5:12 PM
I printed two today I will bring but not sure I can stand with a sign. I have other images and signs from oleg volk printed for others too. Mine are 20 X 30. 1 hour to print at Sams Club for just over $9 each glued to poster board from walmart $2.88 each

Good job guys

Nice to be working together. ;)

ptoguy2002
04-20-2011, 5:16 PM

Good job guys

I think we just want to stick with the Brady signs, IMHO, and try and blend in with them.
Opinions?

HUTCH 7.62
04-20-2011, 5:23 PM

Assault clips????.........:smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5:

ohh someone should make a 30 rnd garand clip and present it to the brady bunch.

Swiss
04-20-2011, 5:26 PM
Great work everyone! The signs look great and thanks to all who are making the trek to Pasadena Thursday night.

I think people blending in with the Brady's (not while OCing) is a great idea but I have no idea if the crowd dynamics of a protest would allow it.

jwkincal
04-20-2011, 5:38 PM
Blending in? You guys are most likely outed by now. Unless they're completely oblivious, they already know you're coming and what you are bringing at this point.

puppy8a9
04-20-2011, 5:42 PM
I think we just want to stick with the Brady signs, IMHO, and try and blend in with them.
Opinions?

I would not OC while holding this sign, I think it would have a negative affect. I will probably not be able to hold a sign since Brady leader from here will be there but if not I will join you. Maybe I should bring a turtle neck and poly pants to complete the look.

Can't wait to see this one.

puppy8a9
04-20-2011, 5:47 PM
Blending in? You guys are most likely outed by now. Unless they're completely oblivious, they already know you're coming and what you are bringing at this point.

No worries, counter protesting is still fun and confuses the press. It will get the point that only brady enhances violence and promotes it through regulations and tasteless tactics

Swiss
04-20-2011, 5:50 PM
Yeah, but it's not about the Brady's, is it? It's about the public's perception. So dress nice and tuck in those shirts.

ptoguy2002
04-20-2011, 6:06 PM
I would not OC while holding this sign, I think it would have a negative affect. I will probably not be able to hold a sign since Brady leader from here will be there but if not I will join you. Maybe I should bring a turtle neck and poly pants to complete the look.

Can't wait to see this one.

Don't OC while holding any sign at this thing.

ptoguy2002
04-20-2011, 6:07 PM

No doubts at all.

ptoguy2002
04-20-2011, 6:08 PM
No worries, counter protesting is still fun and confuses the press. It will get the point that only brady enhances violence and promotes it through regulations and tasteless tactics

I think an obvious counter protest is a bad idea.
The point here is the Brady comment, hence the sign.

jwkincal
04-20-2011, 6:13 PM
Well, hopefully what you'll get is some real news-story "outrage" about the little-girl target and some great on-camera rant; after which airs you can point out the original source...

ptoguy2002
04-20-2011, 6:21 PM
OK, here is my two cents:

A real pro-gun protest or counter protest is a bad idea.
1. - A lot of the higher-ups have stated before that it is counter productive.
2. - We don't have proper planning or time to do it properly.
3. - You won't have enough people to make it effective.
4. - A real counter protest only invites media attention, which would be way counter productive for us.

This is not a pro-gun thing, this is an anti-Brady campaign thing.
The signs make that obvious, and keep it low key for observers (not so obvious).
There is danger in making their numbers look bigger by having these signs, so I think the numbers should be kept low.
The only real thing this will do, is to piss off the Brady people, and I'm happy to make that effort.

By using the parody signs, you are doing this, but it is not an obvious and overtly pro-gun protest/counter protest thing, which would be bad.

ptoguy2002
04-20-2011, 6:29 PM
Even if you didn't do signs, IMHO, the following would be worth it and fun just to piss them off:
-Dress up in Hippie outfits and carry peace signs and make love not war signs.
Bright colors with peace symbols will draw more attention away from them, and to you. People will associate them with a position generally blown off.
-Dress up in clown suits. The irony of this would be funny. Juggle apples in front of them protesting.

jdberger
04-20-2011, 6:35 PM
I've sent the basic guidelines to folks already via PM.

Ill send further suggestions this evening.

Wernher von Browning
04-20-2011, 8:32 PM
[QUOTE=HUTCH 7.62;6241070]Assault clips????.........:smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5:

I gotcher assault clip riyut heah...

http://cineprism.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/filthy-13-mohawks.jpeg

FatalKitty
04-20-2011, 8:53 PM
so when and where is this taking place? I am a photographer and would be happy to document...

Cokebottle
04-20-2011, 9:01 PM
After thinking about it, I'm starting to agree with those who would prefer to see "They" rather than "We"

I'm sure there will be no doubt as to the message of the protestors... and if a bunch of gun people are carrying signs that say "We make everyone a target" that could REALLY be spun by the media in a very bad way.

jdberger
04-21-2011, 12:37 AM
Meh.

It's not going to matter much, anyway. Not when the fireworks start going off. Some people don't take criticism well, especially if comes from people they consider "beneath" them.

The story won't be the posters. It will be the reaction of the target group.

And hopefully people will start to see why they want guns banned. Because they know that they'd never be able to trust themselves with one - they're just that unstable.

N6ATF
04-21-2011, 1:26 AM
Hope you can use your poster boards as shields. I'd also advise everyone bring a can of OC spray. These are criminals that will be violently reacting, after all...

oni.dori
04-21-2011, 2:35 AM

You obviously don't know how to /k/, my friend.

mikegideon
04-21-2011, 7:18 AM
Hello folks. I'm a member at Tennessee Gun owners, and have been following this thread via linkbacks. I land on Calguns from time to time, usually when I'm doing research for upgrades/issues.

Now, to the point... Y'all feel like sharing your final art with the "patron state of shootin' stuff"? It's turning into a masterpiece :)

jdberger
04-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Hello folks. I'm a member at Tennessee Gun owners, and have been following this thread via linkbacks. I land on Calguns from time to time, usually when I'm doing research for upgrades/issues.

Now, to the point... Y'all feel like sharing your final art with the "patron state of shootin' stuff"? It's turning into a masterpiece :)

Check your PMs, Mike. We should chat, especially about this thread's original post. We'd like to see what kind of support we can give you guys in getting ole what's-his-name nicked from the speaker list.

Regarding permission to use the sign, any objections? Swiss? Blindracer? Pebkak?

jdberger
04-21-2011, 10:23 AM
Hope you can use your poster boards as shields. I'd also advise everyone bring a can of OC spray. These are criminals that will be violently reacting, after all...

Yes. You can use your signs as shields.

Please don't bring (or use) OC.

Please don't touch the opposition. Don't respond to them. Be respectful no matter the provocation. The last thing we need is an accusation of assault.

It's gonna take some serious cajones to be able to stand there with the signs. First, it's gonna be difficult to keep a straight face. And once they figure out that you're jamming their message, it's going to be tough to stand there and take the abuse as they try to make you pull down your sign and leave. They might even try to take it from you. Remaining calm, collected and non-violent is going to be quite a challenge.

If you don't think you can take it, please reconsider carrying a sign.

N6ATF
04-21-2011, 10:31 AM
If this crowd of criminals beats one of us down to the ground, we shouldn't defend ourselves? A sign is only an effective shield against 2 at most. They can accuse all they want, if our cameras are hidden and capture their unprovoked attack start to finish.

Swiss
04-21-2011, 10:37 AM
No objections from me. Just check mikegideon's bona fides.

Check your PMs, Mike. We should chat, especially about this thread's original post. We'd like to see what kind of support we can give you guys in getting ole what's-his-name nicked from the speaker list.

Regarding permission to use the sign, any objections? Swiss? Blindracer? Pebkak?

Paper Boy
04-21-2011, 10:41 AM

I went ahead and did the same :D

jdberger
04-21-2011, 11:08 AM
If this crowd of criminals beats one of us down to the ground, we shouldn't defend ourselves? A sign is only an effective shield against 2 at most. They can accuse all they want, if our cameras are hidden and capture their unprovoked attack start to finish.

No. Think of a basketball player taking a foul. Or this. (http://www.wimp.com/fakesinjury/)

And there will be plenty of video cameras.

ptoguy2002
04-21-2011, 11:26 AM
I doubt there will be physical conflict.
If there is , just take it.
Any conflicts will be spun so it is our fault.
Again, NO UOC, no weapons.
If you can't handle that, then don't come.
Do NOT fall for bait to do something stupid.
This is NOT a pro gun protest, this is an anti-hate group (Brady campaign) protest of the unconventional type. Think guerilla marketing as applied to civil rights protest.
If any turf issues occur, advise that we are on publicly accessible land exercising our 1st amendment rights.

N6ATF
04-21-2011, 12:19 PM
No. Think of a basketball player taking a foul. Or this. (http://www.wimp.com/fakesinjury/)

When basketball players take fouls, they don't get kicked in the head, ribs and gut repeatedly after falling to the ground.

BlindRacer
04-21-2011, 1:07 PM

No objections from me...as long as you're not a Brady plant ;)

Wernher von Browning
04-21-2011, 1:25 PM
Is it just me?

Ever since this thread started, I keep hearing "Rockin' the Casbah" whenever I see the subject line ("Jamming the Bradys").

CHS
04-21-2011, 1:55 PM
This is NOT a pro gun protest, this is an anti-hate group anti hate-group (Brady campaign) protest of the unconventional type. Think guerilla marketing as applied to civil rights protest.

Grammar is important!!

The Brady's aren't an anti-hate group. They are an anti hate-group :)

So I fixed it for you.

PEBKAC
04-21-2011, 2:05 PM

No objections at all. Permission to use and modify as much as you want. If anyone wants the .ai file with all the layers and stuff for easy editing, just ask. :)

mikegideon
04-21-2011, 5:23 PM
No objections from me...as long as you're not a Brady plant ;)

Let me put it this way... If I brought my AR's to California, they would throw me in prison :D. NRA Member, handgun carry permit holder, and a post count of over 5000 on TGO. I own 20 guns (I think), with a good mix of handguns and long guns.

I also know the box cutter trick for installing the front pivot pin detent and spring in an AR lower. Haven't launched one yet :). I post under my own name.

Oh yeah... I absolutely despise the Brady Bunch.

jdberger
04-21-2011, 5:27 PM
Well then, welcome.

BTW, could you give us an email address to send out complaints about ole what's his name being the speaker in Chattanooga. We just kinda used the shotgun approach and hoped that the right person got them. It would be nice if our complaints were a little more targetted.

Thanks

oni.dori
04-21-2011, 5:55 PM
Yes. You can use your signs as shields.

Please don't bring (or use) OC.

Please don't touch the opposition. Don't respond to them. Be respectful no matter the provocation. The last thing we need is an accusation of assault.

It's gonna take some serious cajones to be able to stand there with the signs. First, it's gonna be difficult to keep a straight face. And once they figure out that you're jamming their message, it's going to be tough to stand there and take the abuse as they try to make you pull down your sign and leave. They might even try to take it from you. Remaining calm, collected and non-violent is going to be quite a challenge.

If you don't think you can take it, please reconsider carrying a sign.

This is NOT a pro gun protest, this is an anti-hate group (Brady campaign) protest of the unconventional type. Think guerilla marketing as applied to civil rights protest.
If any turf issues occur, advise that we are on publicly accessible land exercising our 1st amendment rights.

That is exactly what I was going to say; the only concealed weapon in anyones arsenal that day should be a video cameras, plenty of them, and NOTHING else. I would also like to stress that the video recorders should be able to capture audio as well, because there are few more things that accompany video more powerful than audio to go with it.

Grammar is important!!

The Brady's aren't an anti-hate group. They are an anti hate-group :)

So I fixed it for you.

I do believe he was saying that the rally was against (anti) a hate group (the Bradys), so the term "anti-hate group" would be gramatically correct in that situation; or perhaps it should be "anti-hate-group". I'm not entirely sure.

mikegideon
04-21-2011, 6:13 PM
Here's a local thread on the Brady Bunch coming to Chattanooga.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/2nd-amendment-issues/56161-help-fight-brady-campaign-speaker-chattanooga.html

N6ATF
04-21-2011, 6:14 PM
A concealed video camera does not protect you repeated blunt force head trauma resulting in death. Isn't it a bit early to be asking gunnies to prepare for martyrdom?

We're talking about people who project their murderous fantasies on us constantly, and after this many losses in the courts, legislature, executive, and public opinion, with more projected, they've got to be getting desperate. When will we finally push one button too many?

ptoguy2002
04-21-2011, 6:18 PM
ABC news crew is outside of ix tapa.

N6ATF
04-21-2011, 6:27 PM
Man I wish I could receive the engineering/remote crew radio traffic right now.

I guess KABC-AM and KFI split channels will have to do.

Scratch705
04-21-2011, 6:30 PM
when is this protest starting? i'm guessing abc will air it at their 7pm news? or is abc only 11pm only? (confusing them with kcal which airs news like half the day....)

ptoguy2002
04-21-2011, 6:40 PM
Two news crews here.

ptoguy2002
04-21-2011, 6:45 PM
Brady people are here, they parked right down the way.

ptoguy2002
04-21-2011, 6:55 PM
Timing will need to be perfect to get a shoebox the sign in on a background during anninterview.

ptoguy2002
04-21-2011, 6:58 PM
Nobody else is here.
If the news crew starts on them, I'm foing for it.

ptoguy2002
04-21-2011, 7:15 PM
In!!!!!!!!!!!!

G60
04-21-2011, 7:18 PM
Thanks for the updates.
Saw this thread but didn't read past the first page until a few minutes ago!

Dreaded Claymore
04-21-2011, 7:20 PM
If this crowd of criminals beats one of us down to the ground, we shouldn't defend ourselves?

That is correct. In a public protest, we should not defend ourselves with force of any kind.

This.

A protest is a weapon in the war of public opinion. Right now, public opinion shaped by the news media assumes us to be the bad guys. In any event we are involved in, we WILL be depicted as bad guys unless we make it utterly impossible to do so.

If a horde of Bradys charges toward you, brandishing their signs as clubs, and begins to beat you about the head and face, and you strike back at them to defend yourself, guess which strike will be edited out of the news coverage? That's right.

It is unlikely in this instance that anyone will hit anyone else. Regardless, if the Bradys attack you, run away, and shield yourself with anything you can, but DO NOT defend yourself with violence. If you are attacked and you do not use violence yourself, you will have succeeded in reversing public opinion about gun owners. The news media may choose not to report on the incident, but they will not have the ability to run a story that paints us as enemies of peace.

I'm not saying this because I think it's noble or holy to get beaten and not respond. I'm saying this because nonviolence is a tactic that we can use to great effect if we are confronted with violence. Gandhi and MLK used this tactic because it works.

AndrewMendez
04-21-2011, 7:38 PM
Well I tried to get an interview, but they all walked away.

doubledgarage
04-21-2011, 7:46 PM
just saw those clowns on colorado. I'm eating at la luna negra.

N6ATF
04-21-2011, 7:48 PM
I'm not saying this because I think it's noble or holy to get beaten and not respond. I'm saying this because nonviolence is a tactic that we can use to great effect if we are confronted with violence. Gandhi and MLK used this tactic because it works.

So, you're first in line to be a martyr then? See ya in the afterlife.

ptoguy2002
04-21-2011, 8:00 PM
Watch the news tonight, the sign might have made it

hgreen
04-21-2011, 8:03 PM
Anyone get pics/vids from tonight they can post?

kcbrown
04-21-2011, 8:49 PM
If you are attacked and you do not use violence yourself, you will have succeeded in reversing public opinion about gun owners. The news media may choose not to report on the incident, but they will not have the ability to run a story that paints us as enemies of peace.

The latter is true. The former is conditional upon the news media actually reporting the incident in the way it actually happened. They might do that, but I don't think it's open and shut.

If there are enough such incidents, though, then I'd expect someone to report on it eventually.

In any case, while the MSM still holds a lot of power, it's not nearly what it once was, thanks to the internet. So it's possible that even if the MSM fails to report on these incidents, the word will get out about them anyway.

This. It's especially important to take this tactic because you're right: someone on our side who fights back will be portrayed as the aggressor, no matter how you slice it.

This means that we'll have to be willing to shield each other.

Is it legal for the signs to be made of metal? :D

Wernher von Browning
04-21-2011, 8:53 PM
What TV news outlets were there? So I don't have to surf channels and watch every dang one of the hair-and-teeth displays.

ojisan
04-21-2011, 9:14 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=423905

AndrewMendez
04-21-2011, 9:49 PM
The event went great, will post after action report tonight.

NOT ONE INCH

tenpercentfirearms
04-21-2011, 9:50 PM
The event went great, will post after action report tonight.

NOT ONE INCH

Post up a link here when you do. You guys rock.

Dreaded Claymore
04-21-2011, 10:02 PM

:mad: That's NOT what I said. Who the hell do you think you're talking to? Please read my post again.

If someone tries to kill me, I'll shoot them until their life runs out onto the ground. But if someone comes at me with a sign handle "not more than 3/4 inches thick and not more than 2 inches wide," and fighting back will ensure that Calguns is smeared with negative headlines across the nation, I'll take my licks to ensure that we can regain the free exercise of our rights. If, that is, I can't run away and avoid being hit, because I don't enjoy pain.

A protest is a presentation of yourself in a public forum. If you want people to support you at the polls, you have to be extremely damned careful about how you present yourself. Do not show up at a public protest unless you understand that, or you can end up doing serious damage to your cause.

Wernher von Browning
04-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Guys, have you seen the Bradys?

Looks like a buncha post-retirement-age refugees from a New Yawk Vegetarians Anonymous meeting. They moonlight at PETA protests. They're not going to physically attack anybody.

I'll bet they don't even have any really good, obnoxious chants rehearsed. It's kind of like being picketed by Quakers. (No offense to any Quakers here... Oh, never mind).

Settle down now...

ptoguy2002
04-21-2011, 10:14 PM
So I get there early and scope it out.
The media was starting up even before 7:00.
They were across the street interviewing the OC people, so I figured if I timed this right, when they came over to the Brady Bunch, I could stand behind the person being interviewed with the sign.
Nobody else was there, so I figured F-it, I'm Foing.
Get the signs from the truck, and hang out around the corner.
Interviews started, boom, I'm in.
It only took them about 20 seconds or so to figure out what was going on.
After that it was a sign war.
They put their signs in front of mine, I raised mine, they raised there, I'd move, they'd move, trying to block.
They were very aggresive in that sence.
There was one real A-hole.
The only male in bunch.
He was pissed off. You could tell by the look on his face.
He stood off to the side, and blocked my sign with his.
I tried to move to the other side of him, and he stepped back, blocking my way, moved again, he blocked. I politely said "I'm just trying to move over there." He replyed by rudely telling me I could walk around [the newpaper stands].
OK, I did. What an A-hole.
Later, he snuck a picture of me and the sign when I wasn't looking.
I figured what the hell, he already got it and there are going to be tons anyway, so I squared off and let him take one.
Then I nicely asked if the two of us could take a picture together. He rudely declined.
There was some back and forth sign blockage movement for a while.
Then I just stood on the corner with a Brady on either side of me.
And that was about it.
The drama lasted for about 5-10 minutes
Then another 20 or 30 minutes of hanging with Bradys, with some intermittent sign blockage and re-positioning.
I KNOW I got camera time in the background during an interview.
One of the camera men even smilled.
ABC was there, and one other camera crew I didn't make out.
It sucks everybody else was late, cause there is no video.
Some of the other Brady folks were nice.
I talked to one lady, and when she brought up the why, I said to who that the Brady Campagn believes in "reasonable" gun laws. Please tell me what you would consider to be unreasonable? At that point, one of the other Brady people pulled her away.
There is no debate for them, their view is the only one....

rero360
04-21-2011, 10:17 PM
I'll get my pics up tomorrow, need to recharge the battery.

ptoguy2002
04-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Will post some tidbits and lessons learned tomorrow.

Swiss
04-21-2011, 10:28 PM
Way to go! Good job and looking forward to seeing pics!

jdberger
04-21-2011, 10:28 PM
Thanks folks. Awesome.

crackerman
04-21-2011, 10:44 PM
So I get there early and scope it out.
The media was starting up even before 7:00.

I KNOW I got camera time in the background during an interview.
One of the camera men even smilled.
ABC was there, and one other camera crew I didn't make out.

I SAW YOUR SIGN ON TV ON FOX NEWS!!!!! TWICE!!!
You blended in well in the first pic and were popular on the second, I wonder if the editor agrees with us or was clueless, either way AWESOME!!!!!
(sorry the pics are blurry)
http://auxcoastie.smugmug.com/photos/1261063937_9R8nct9-XL.jpg
http://auxcoastie.smugmug.com/photos/1261064181_xLZz4wM-XL.jpg

I wish I could have made it liked I tried to but the trip to Pasadena wasn't possible with some late projects at work. You guys need to get down to the OC sometime!

Wernher von Browning
04-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Whoo hoo!!! Awesome indeed!

Also...
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8087924

rero360
04-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Hahaha, that is beautiful, couldn't ask for anything better i think.

tenpercentfirearms
04-21-2011, 10:52 PM
"We make everyone a target"!!!! YES!!!! Where is the "like" button?

oni.dori
04-21-2011, 10:53 PM
A concealed video camera does not protect you repeated blunt force head trauma resulting in death. Isn't it a bit early to be asking gunnies to prepare for martyrdom?

We're talking about people who project their murderous fantasies on us constantly, and after this many losses in the courts, legislature, executive, and public opinion, with more projected, they've got to be getting desperate. When will we finally push one button too many?

Honestly, don't you think you are overreacting just a WEE bit here? I mean, come on. To honestly think a bunch of "pacifists" would pull an old style lynch beating and murder someone with a differing opinion, really? I couldn't think of a SINGLE thing that would be more counterproductive in the public's eyes for what they are trying to do. However, exactly what happened is what I though would; a bunch of blocking and rudeness, so that no reality and truth could be shed on their shenanigans, just like blocking the comments on their youtube videos.

Pig Rifle
04-21-2011, 10:56 PM
Many of the Bradys actually struck up conversation with me (anti stuff, of course), and actually DIDN'T GET the message on the sign! I'm not kidding. Some actually commented on what a great sign I had, and moved aside to allow my sign to be seen better by traffic!

BTW you guys, thanks again for letting my wife and I hold the signs. This was lots of fun and really "made" my whole week! :party:

Cato
04-21-2011, 10:56 PM
Folks like the Brady lady aren't dumb at all. Look at what people like her have done to the 2A. They are crafty as foxes.

M. Sage
04-21-2011, 10:58 PM
Folks like the Brady lady aren't dumb at all. Look at what people like her have done to the 2A. They are crafty as foxes.

The leadership is. The people at street level (all fifty of them) aren't terribly bright. They all use emotion instead of reason... Lucky for them the anti-gun movement has a bunch of rich sugar daddies to fund it for them.

Dreaded Claymore
Hahahahah! We got them! Good work fellows, especially whoever actually showed up (I didn't because I'm in the Bay Area).

nick
"It is critical during states of emergency that people have the ability to defend themselves when police are not available," said Alany Herman Toller of Gun Owners of California.

Does anyone have the picture of that guy? I'm kinda curious if he was the guy Neil saw arguing (poorly) with the reporter.

Mr.Caketown

I would say they are crafty idiots , look at Paypal if those clusterf**ks can pull it off so can any politician

Swiss
04-21-2011, 10:59 PM
Now THAT was some intrastate teamwork!! :-)

FourTenJaeger
04-21-2011, 11:03 PM
Clearly this woman has no idea about the CA Open Carry movement. ''Loaded weapon?" More like unloaded handgun with loaded magazines on the side. I bet she'd pee her pants if she came to Arizona. :rolleyes:

Wernher von Browning
04-21-2011, 11:19 PM
ABC News just carried it too. Didn't see the Sign though. I got some screen grabs, trying to figure out how to upload 'em.

(Later) Eh. I don't have a convenient offsite photo storage thingie to link to. If somebody wants to host my screen grabs of the ABC story, let me know via PM, and I'll send small (400x600) versions and you can put 'em up wherever you want.

Cokebottle
04-21-2011, 11:20 PM
ABC news...

"The Constitution provided the right for purposes other than what people are claiming"

Ever hear of Heller and McDonald?

"I should have the right to shop in Pasadena and not encounter someone with a loaded gun"

They aren't loaded you dumb b*t*h.

CHS
04-21-2011, 11:31 PM
"I believe the open carry movement is very intimidating," said Suzanne Verge of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "I think as a citizen I should be able to go along Colorado Boulevard and shop where I want to shop and not have to worry about running into somebody with a loaded weapon."

To be fair, the open carry movement in EVERY OTHER STATE allows loaded carrying :)

Wernher von Browning
04-21-2011, 11:39 PM
ABC news...

"The Constitution provided the right for purposes other than what people are claiming"

This is where you'd have her (in a verbal corner, I mean). Ask her to articulate exactly what those purposes might be.

They can't win a stand-up war of words, fought with facts.

Exposed
04-21-2011, 11:41 PM
Tonight was awesome. I ended up carrying one of ptoguys2002 signs. At the end of it all, me and a few other guys includig ptoguy2002, rero360, and Andrewmendez got cornered by a liberal radio reporter. Man, I think I handled her questions pretty well, but I also think shes going to hack the interview and make me sound like an idiot. I wish we had one of our smarter members there to back us up lol.

Swiss
04-21-2011, 11:48 PM
We should have training meetings like the Brady Bunch does. Their members seem to have their rhetoric at the ready and we'd be wise to do the same. Let our most articulate members do the interviews but have a basic list of things to say when those of us without silver tongues get cornered.

Thanks again to all who made it happen...I'm still laughing every time I see that poster in a sea of Brady and VPC signs! :)

Tonight was awesome. I ended up carrying one of ptoguys2002 signs. At the end of it all, me and a few other guys includig ptoguy2002, rero360, and Andrewmendez got cornered by a liberal radio reporter. Man, I think I handled her questions pretty well, but I also think shes going to hack the interview and make me sound like an idiot. I wish we had one of our smarter members there to back us up lol.

oaklander
04-22-2011, 12:04 AM
Good job!!!!

The fact that we are now also asserting our own 1A rights is clear and convincing evidence that our legitimate and legal civil rights movement is now entering into the "mainstream" - even here in CA.

This has large political implications - very good ones. . .

The issue here is not even "how many people were there," etc. - but the fact that we are now showing up.

BIG WIN HERE.

Do not get concerned over the press coverage, at this point. That's not even the point, really.

Cokebottle
04-22-2011, 12:04 AM
This is where you'd have her (in a verbal corner, I mean). Ask her to articulate exactly what those purposes might be.

They can't win a stand-up war of words, fought with facts.
In the late 70s, they referred to our references to the 2A as "The Big Lie"... as we used 2A in a context of an individual right.

Even with Heller, McDonald, and other cases, they will still cling to their belief (regardless of what the courts say) that "A well regulated militia" is a reference to the US Military services.

But now we can refer to that as "The Big Lie" ;)

Exposed
04-22-2011, 12:08 AM
Over all, it was very mellow. Everyone walking around inquired about UOC but once it was explained, most people were just like "OH, thats cool" about UOC. The only people who made a big deal were the Brady Bunch. At one point, about 20 UOCers went in to eat at both the Cheesecake Factory and Louise's Trattoria. BTW, the Cheesecake Factory and Louise's Trattoria were very welcoming of the group of patrons with holstered handguns. I remember standing in the crowd of Bradys and one lady said to another "They are eating at Cheesecake....I know, dont worry, Cheesecake is a big company, Im sure they need time to make a decision about kicking them out". lol, that decision never came. :cool2:

dmeiners
04-22-2011, 12:43 AM
Nice meeting you and your friends tonight Exposed, sorry couldn't join you at king taco. great job with the signs, wished i watched coverage on fox 11 rather than abc.

oaklander
04-22-2011, 12:49 AM
Yes, that's why there is a shift now in how things are done. I'm not saying this because I have any special knowledge - but it's obvious this is what is happening. . .

In the late 70s, they referred to our references to the 2A as "The Big Lie"... as we used 2A in a context of an individual right.

Even with Heller, McDonald, and other cases, they will still cling to their belief (regardless of what the courts say) that "A well regulated militia" is a reference to the US Military services.

SierraApril
04-22-2011, 12:50 AM
It has been fun reading this thread since the beginning and watching the evolution of those amazing signs! Looked even better in the Fox news picture. :-)

Great work to all of you who helped get those made and to those who were there to hold them!!

oni.dori
04-22-2011, 12:52 AM
You blended in well in the first pic and were popular on the second, I wonder if the editor agrees with us or was clueless, either way AWESOME!!!!!

I wish I could have made it liked I tried to but the trip to Pasadena wasn't possible with some late projects at work. You guys need to get down to the OC sometime!

I wonder if the even REALIZE what they put on the screen right there, or thought it was just another pro-Brady sign. Way to be incogneto guys!!! :punk:

nick
04-22-2011, 12:57 AM
Well I tried to get an interview, but they all walked away.

You looked angry and you had that dangerous-looking girl at your side :p

berto
04-22-2011, 1:04 AM
Thanks for getting at 'em.

Exposed
04-22-2011, 1:08 AM

This is currently the status update on my FB page. Hope you dont mind I jacked it. :D

Exposed
04-22-2011, 1:10 AM
Nice meeting you and your friends tonight Exposed, sorry couldn't join you at king taco. great job with the signs, wished i watched coverage on fox 11 rather than abc.

Nice to meet you too brother. Thanks for putting yourself out there with your pistol. Keep up the good work.

Cokebottle
04-22-2011, 1:32 AM
This is currently the status update on my FB page. Hope you dont mind I jacked it. :D
No problem... everything posted here is public domain.

You should see some of Big Jake's posts that have made it to the NAMBLA home page :D

jdberger
04-22-2011, 1:58 AM

Yes. I'm quoting the pic in my post.

I might just do it a thousand times.

That was effing AWESOME.

Well done.

:King:

AndrewMendez
04-22-2011, 2:06 AM
I will wait for the leader of this event to post a full after actions report, but over all I am very glad I skipped the eating portion of my work function. I interviewed one Brady gal, very nice lady, then brought out the camera and I told her I was going to school still (I picked the crappiest school I could think of), she then asked me to talk to the leader of their group. So she kindly walked back with me to where I was standing, slightly away from the group, and I said I had a few questions to answer. Before I had even begin to ask her, I asked a question.. "recent court case, I think it was called McDonalds." I really tried my best to sound like the sheeple, but she gave me an odd look. She studdered a little, while I am assuming she was trying to decide whether or not I was seriously a student doing a research project or not. A man, who was rude to me the entire time, that was with her, demanded she walk away from me. I again urged just for a few minutes of her time, and then the "We don't engage in confrontation" talk came out.
I politely thanked her, and the group left the area quickly, to stand in front of the Cheesecake Factory.

More to come. Editing the videos tonight, should have something by tomorrow afternoon. Nothing special.

AndrewMendez
04-22-2011, 4:16 AM
AwcQgUv05Yw

SierraApril
04-22-2011, 4:33 AM
"Special thanks to Andrew Mendez" :)

Again....good work Andrew and everyone else that participated.

oaklander
04-22-2011, 4:48 AM
WINNING!

New meme for these anti-anti-rallies:

"You can't stop the signal."

http://www.blogcdn.com/blog.moviefone.com/media/2010/03/browncoats-410-x-328.jpg

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=95075&stc=1&d=1303472894

AndrewMendez
04-22-2011, 4:52 AM
"Special thanks to Andrew Mendez" :)

Again....good work Andrew and everyone else that participated.

Thank you. The game plan is to have 10K views, by the end of the month!!! I don't think the guy had any idea who I was. I played the...."I am a dummy" role, aka, Oaklander. ;)

ETA: PTO guy spent some good money on those signs.

WINNING!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=95075&stc=1&d=1303472894

Bahahahahaha. Nice!!! Its been a long damn day, and I really need to get to sleep. Oak, help me out with getting that video viral please.

I am going to catch the beginning of the 5 o'clock news, then spend as long as I can sleeping, before the little one wakes up.

oaklander
04-22-2011, 4:54 AM
Awesome Andrew - call me tomorrow using the phone number on my NFA website. We can brainstorm on viraling the YT thing. Yes - glad you liked my advice on that!!!

<I'm evil>

:D

Thank you. The game plan is to have 10K views, by the end of the month!!! I don't think the guy had any idea who I was. I played the...."I am a dummy" role, aka, Oaklander. ;)

Bahahahahaha. Nice!!! Its been a long damn day, and I really need to get to sleep. Oak, help me out with getting that video viral please.

I am going to catch the beginning of the 5 o'clock news, then spend as long as I can sleeping, before the little one wakes up.

AndrewMendez
04-22-2011, 4:57 AM
hahaha, alright. I think I am going to take the day off tomorrow. I will ping you sometime in the late morning.
Andrew

SanPedroShooter
04-22-2011, 5:46 AM

Oh **** yeah! GOOD JOB. I am sorry I missed out.

geeknow
04-22-2011, 6:02 AM
Fox news ran this segment twice this morning, and your sign was prominently displayed both times.

SanPedroShooter
04-22-2011, 6:19 AM
Its probably a good thing I didnt go. I just realized today is friday. I checked the other thread, and seems I have been forward a day all week. I would have been there wednesday night...

oaklander
04-22-2011, 6:24 AM
New post for video.

Please visit video on YT - and like it. . .

Just did some rough math - the video is getting about 5 views per minute. Even at THIS rate - the total tonight would be over 7000.

WINNING!!!!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=6251389#post6251389

ptoguy2002
04-22-2011, 7:11 AM
Andrew:
Post away.
I'll post up some of my thoughts through the day as time at work allows.

I will wait for the leader of this event to post a full after actions report, but over all I am very glad I skipped the eating portion of my work function. I interviewed one Brady gal, very nice lady, then brought out the camera and I told her I was going to school still (I picked the crappiest school I could think of), she then asked me to talk to the leader of their group. So she kindly walked back with me to where I was standing, slightly away from the group, and I said I had a few questions to answer. Before I had even begin to ask her, I asked a question.. "recent court case, I think it was called McDonalds." I really tried my best to sound like the sheeple, but she gave me an odd look. She studdered a little, while I am assuming she was trying to decide whether or not I was seriously a student doing a research project or not. A man, who was rude to me the entire time, that was with her, demanded she walk away from me. I again urged just for a few minutes of her time, and then the "We don't engage in confrontation" talk came out.
I politely thanked her, and the group left the area quickly, to stand in front of the Cheesecake Factory.

More to come. Editing the videos tonight, should have something by tomorrow afternoon. Nothing special.