PDA

View Full Version : AK question

glocker65
11-15-2006, 8:29 AM
So, I recently moved to Cal. Been reading up on the gun laws. I really want to buy a no-ban AK. Is there anything illegal about buying one in Nev. and leaving it on my property there? I am a CA resident, but the rifle would never enter CA.

Thanks!

NSR500
11-15-2006, 8:35 AM
If you do have Property in Nevada, purchase a legal firearm in that State and leave it there, you should be fine.

glocker65
11-15-2006, 8:37 AM
thats just what I wanted to hear! thanks!

NSR500
11-15-2006, 8:42 AM
A lot of people from California actually moved some of the stuff they did not want to register for SB23 to out of State properties.
I have a friend who has property in Reno with family staying there, so he leaves the non-neutered stuff there. Whenever he goes to visit Family, he cracks the safe and goes shooting in Free America.

glocker65
11-15-2006, 8:46 AM
yeah I just moved down here from WA. I had heard about Cal gun laws, but I had no idea how strict they were. Almost makes me want to move back to WA! But yeah, I think I am going to buy an AK before the ban expires and just keep it in Nev. I hope that I don't have any problems purchasing it with a CA ID.

Matt C
11-15-2006, 9:10 AM
yeah I just moved down here from WA. I had heard about Cal gun laws, but I had no idea how strict they were. Almost makes me want to move back to WA! But yeah, I think I am going to buy an AK before the ban expires and just keep it in Nev. I hope that I don't have any problems purchasing it with a CA ID.

...You will, and what ban?

glocker65
11-15-2006, 9:32 AM
I don't know what I was typing last post. What I meant to say was now that the ban has expired I want to get an AK... Diregard last post.

NSR500
11-15-2006, 9:46 AM
You will have a problem buying with a CA Id, just FYI...

mailman
11-15-2006, 9:52 AM
yea, you must give up your CA ID to obtain a NV ID and without one you can't buy a gun.

glocker65
11-15-2006, 10:42 AM
of course it just couldn't be simple.... the only reason I gave up my WA ID was to get 10 grand off school in CA as a resident.... sometimes the law is just plain annoying.

Zwingli
11-15-2006, 2:02 PM
You could buy or make an AK and remove the "AW" features, no grip, pin mag etc, in such a way that it would take little effort to re"AW" it once you cross the border--and fill the Nevada water table with lead :) (jk)

Mike 56
11-15-2006, 6:20 PM
My brotherinlaw lives in Carson City he told me that there are gun stores that will sell banned CA firearms if you store at there shop. You can use them when you are in Nevada you just have to leave them at the gun store when you come back to Ca. Mike