PDA

View Full Version : What happens January of 2007?

M14Gunman
11-14-2006, 10:46 PM
I have done a lot of reading about "Off list" receivers... and people referencing Jan of 2007... one was in reference to building an AR-10 receiver... the other an 80% AR-15 lower...

Whats going on?? Is a portion of the assault weapons ban sunseting?? Have they closed the door on "off list" receivers yet? Can one build an "off list" receiver?

bu-bye
11-14-2006, 10:51 PM
On Jan 1st 2007 millions of people will have just lied about joining the gym:D

If i'm not mistaken the DOJ will no longer have the right to change or add AW to the list. I'm sure someone else can give more details.

blkA4alb
11-14-2006, 10:52 PM
What everyone is referring to is the fact that AB2728 takes effect then. AB2728 removes the DOJ's power to list weapons as AWs.

CALI-gula
11-14-2006, 10:55 PM
All the computers will shut off due to a code inherent in old code programming languages used to re-boot computers known as "010107" .

Expect millions of data to be lost, power companies to fail, streetlights to flash red continually, cars to shut down while driving, the moon to turn blood red, swarms of locusts, 4 guys on horses, illegal aliens receiving automatic amnesty citizenship, coffee makers to spit TANG brand instant breakfast drink, mass chaos and other horrors or whores (especially those of Babylon) running rampant.

Oh, and AB2728 launches. (Not bad at all.)

M14Gunman
11-14-2006, 11:22 PM
Would not "off list" ar receivers still be banned by virtue of "evil features"... as in having a pistol grip and a detachable mag?

blkA4alb
11-14-2006, 11:24 PM
Yes, SB23 (which bans weapons by features) isn't leaving us just yet.

ivanimal
11-14-2006, 11:25 PM
All the computers will shut off due to a code inherent in old code programming languages used to re-boot computers known as "010107" .

Expect millions of data to be lost, power companies to fail, streetlights to flash red continually, cars to shut down while driving, the moon to turn blood red, swarms of locusts, 4 guys on horses, illegal aliens receiving automatic amnesty citizenship, coffee makers to spit TANG brand instant breakfast drink, mass chaos and other horrors or whores (especially those of Babylon) running rampant.

Oh, and AB2728 launches. (Not bad at all.)

But will there be Tater Tots?:confused: :confused: :confused:

xenophobe
11-14-2006, 11:28 PM
In early January of 2007 Hostess will announce that it has discontinued making Twinkies and will re-focus the business to specialize in pet food products.

M14Gunman
11-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Yes, SB23 (which bans weapons by features) isn't leaving us just yet.

Then I fail to see how people can purchase an off-list receiver... unless he can simply leave the pistol grip off....

If one buys an off-list receiver and never attaches a pistol grip its legal?

CALI-gula
11-14-2006, 11:35 PM
In early January of 2007 Hostess will announce that it has discontinued making Twinkies and will re-focus the business to specialize in pet food products.

My Blood-hounds ate a Twinkie once.

Or did my neighbor call it Fifi? I can't remember.

xenophobe
11-14-2006, 11:35 PM
Then I fail to see how people can purchase an off-list receiver... unless he can simply leave the pistol grip off....

I thought you did a lot of reading about off-list rifles???

*shrug*

The only thing that happens in Jan 2007 so far, is that the Attorney General's ability to name new Assault Weapons to be added to the 'banned list' will be taken away.

Off-list lower receivers are legal, and will continue to be legal if they do not fall under 12276.1 generic feature definitions... Centerfire rifle with detachable magazine and any of the following evil features; etc...

tenpercentfirearms
11-15-2006, 6:46 AM
I don't know what is happening in January, but in December...

THE LIST IS COMING, THE LIST IS COMING!

tiki
11-15-2006, 6:50 AM

Yes, and he checks that list twice. He will know who has been naughty and who has been nice. So, you better watch out and you better not shout.

P.S. A friend of mine is a stripper and I can tell you, she is definitely going to be on the naughty side of that list. :)

five.five-six
11-15-2006, 7:29 AM

yea yea and the check is in the mail and I won't cum in your mouth lol

proraptor
11-15-2006, 8:34 AM

This is what Im hoping for!!!!

fal_762x51
11-15-2006, 10:30 AM
My butt will be, in 5 months, graduating college and will have to buy a diamond ring. Happy and depressing at the same time.

rod
11-15-2006, 11:33 AM
I like Ho Ho's

M14Gunman
11-15-2006, 11:56 AM
I thought you did a lot of reading about off-list rifles???

*shrug*

The only thing that happens in Jan 2007 so far, is that the Attorney General's ability to name new Assault Weapons to be added to the 'banned list' will be taken away.

Off-list lower receivers are legal, and will continue to be legal if they do not fall under 12276.1 generic feature definitions... Centerfire rifle with detachable magazine and any of the following evil features; etc...

I have done a lot of reading but I still do not understand why this helps us. AR-15 clones have a detachable magazine and a pertruding pistol grip... and are therefore banned because of features.

ohsmily
11-15-2006, 12:12 PM
I have done a lot of reading but I still do not understand why this helps us. AR-15 clones have a detachable magazine and a pertruding pistol grip... and are therefore banned because of features.

OMG!!! :rolleyes:

pay attention:

You don't HAVE to have a "pertruding" :rolleyes: pistol grip on the ar-15. You can remove the pistol grip and all other evil features and run your rifle with a detachable magazine using a bracket to hold the safety selector detent in OR you can use a grip like this which is NOT a pistol grip.. http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=146&zenid=ad843cfdef5ddde9d34a6e998027c4fc

OR

You can FIX a 10 round magazine in place using a nut, epoxy, or both and have all the "evil" features you want.

The new law going into effect in January that you are referring to doesn't affect what I wrote above. (there are other factors in play which may modify what constitutes a "fixed" magazine that is permanently attached, but that is still up in the air).

"I did a lot of reading on OLLs"...sure you did...and if you actually did, read for quality not QUANTITY.

P.S. you put this thread in the WRONG section. This belongs in 2nd Amend. Politics and Laws...

MrJayJay
11-15-2006, 3:36 PM

the recever it self is just a part. you would have to attach the pistol grip to it without the mag being fixed to make it illegal. the stripped recever has no grip therefore its legal to purchase.

M14Gunman
11-15-2006, 4:37 PM
OMG!!! :rolleyes:

pay attention:

You don't HAVE to have a "pertruding" :rolleyes: pistol grip on the ar-15. You can remove the pistol grip and all other evil features and run your rifle with a detachable magazine using a bracket to hold the safety selector detent in OR you can use a grip like this which is NOT a pistol grip.. http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=146&zenid=ad843cfdef5ddde9d34a6e998027c4fc

OR

You can FIX a 10 round magazine in place using a nut, epoxy, or both and have all the "evil" features you want.

The new law going into effect in January that you are referring to doesn't affect what I wrote above. (there are other factors in play which may modify what constitutes a "fixed" magazine that is permanently attached, but that is still up in the air).

"I did a lot of reading on OLLs"...sure you did...and if you actually did, read for quality not QUANTITY.

P.S. you put this thread in the WRONG section. This belongs in 2nd Amend. Politics and Laws...

They are sold out... any other sources that you know of?

rorschach
11-15-2006, 4:48 PM

Yeah, try emailing Monsterman on this board. He's the manufacturer of the MM grip.

ohsmily
11-15-2006, 4:53 PM
the recever it self is just a part.

No, the lower receiver is considered the firearm, everything else is just a part.

CALI-gula
11-15-2006, 5:07 PM

Someone point this gentleman to the old FAQ and some of the "history of OLL posts". I am sure it can still be found around here somewhere, even with the change-over. Good reading and revelatory to change all pre-conceived, brainwash influenced CA gooberment thoughts, dealt out to us about SB23 and Roberti-Roos, on how they are applied, and how they are applied together.

Otherwise, this thread is gearing up to run 80 pages.

grammaton76
11-15-2006, 5:17 PM
A copy of the FAQ is at: http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/LegalCaliforniaArAkFAQ

shark92651
11-15-2006, 5:23 PM
My butt will be, in 5 months, graduating college and will have to buy a diamond ring. Happy and depressing at the same time.

Dude, why are you buying a ring so quickly after graduating college!? You don't listen to Dr. Laura, do you? ;)

tiki
11-15-2006, 6:15 PM
Dude, why are you buying a ring so quickly after graduating college!? You don't listen to Dr. Laura, do you? ;)

He's not listening to Mr. Brain or Mr. Penis either. :)

fastsvt1998
11-15-2006, 6:20 PM
He certainly does not listen to Leykis!

tenpercentfirearms
11-15-2006, 10:22 PM
I should have more MonsterMan Grips in tomorrow, but if you can't wait any longer, try www.coldwarshooters.com.

MonsterMan
11-15-2006, 10:27 PM

I just shipped Wes at 10% (http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=146) 20 more grips. He should have them today or tomorrow. Also Cold War Shooters (http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23&products_id=198&zenid=a23c36e2853e2829fd5d45d2255e33f7) has them also. Ammo Bros sometimes has them too.

I can't make them fast enough. They sure seem to be doing well right now. :)

MM

kantstudien
11-15-2006, 10:50 PM
On January 1st 2007, Skynet will become self-aware.

ohsmily
11-15-2006, 11:10 PM
On January 1st 2007, Skynet will become self-aware.

Nice quote.

rorschach
11-15-2006, 11:21 PM
On January 1st, I will be listening to Art Bell's predictions, eating a New York steak at the Pantry in Downtown L.A., and maybe having a nice glass of wine-
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/tsol_roolz/ripple.jpg

Richieboy
11-15-2006, 11:29 PM
So....If "the ban is coming" and it does come....will I be able to register my OLL that is on backorder(3-4 weeks) as an AW, or does it have to be in my posession *when* it gets listed?

tenpercentfirearms
11-16-2006, 12:20 AM
So....If "the ban is coming" and it does come....will I be able to register my OLL that is on backorder(3-4 weeks) as an AW, or does it have to be in my posession *when* it gets listed?
It will have to be DROSed and in the dealer's possession. The dealer won't be able to accept it if it is an assault weapon unless they have an AW license. You won't be able to DROS it if it is an assault weapon. Screw back order, just get one! Or two! Or ten! :D

hoffmang
11-16-2006, 4:20 PM
Buy now, but please don't count on a listing ever happening again in California without new legislation.

Let me repeat though - buy OLLs now!

-Gene

Tweak338
11-16-2006, 4:31 PM
Buy 2 for yourself.. and then buy me one too

JesseXXX
11-16-2006, 4:39 PM
I got 1 fully built.... have one pinned..and another on it's way... :) If I could, I'd buy one of each!! :D Heck.... I'd buy one and give it DOJ as a Christmas gift....:eek: