PDA

View Full Version : spare pins

dogg007
04-14-2011, 9:24 PM
I just finished building my first AR. However, in process of installing a Badger latch on the charging handle, I lost the latch pin. I've scoured the sites, and all I see are pins in LPKs. Where can I find a latch pin for the charging handle? Thanks.

joelogic
04-14-2011, 9:28 PM
Google is your friend.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=919466

$P-Ritch$
04-14-2011, 9:47 PM
+1 on midway

They stock every pin/spring/part/etc. for ARs separately. So, you can order a few spare little easy to lose items to justify the shipping of your lost CH roll pin.

rareair
04-15-2011, 7:29 AM
You can also try your local automotive store or hardware store. Those DIY shops usually have a selection of roll pins

AvyDriver
04-15-2011, 8:08 AM
Brownells sells everything separate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dogg007
04-15-2011, 10:28 AM
thanks everyone. i was hoping to bypass the $5 shipping for a .50 part. I'll try the local hardware store first. if not, i'll have to order other things to justify the shipping!

AvyDriver
04-16-2011, 7:54 PM
thanks everyone. i was hoping to bypass the $5 shipping for a .50 part. I'll try the local hardware store first. if not, i'll have to order other things to justify the shipping!

I just order a bunch of extra stuff when I'm forced to do this so it doesn't happen often. Get what I can out of the shipping I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$P-Ritch$
04-17-2011, 12:20 AM
As I and a few others already stated, just order a few different small parts that could easily be lost in the future. Get your total up to $9-10 to justify the $5 of shipping.

Here's a few items that it never hurts to have spares of:
-firing pin retaining pin
-extractor spring and inserts
-extractor retainer pin
-detent spring
-detent plunger
-safety selector spring
-safety plunger

Then there's plenty of other little .50-1.00 parts that could easily be lost during normal maintenance. It never hurts to be prepared.

Cokebottle
04-17-2011, 1:01 AM
And spend more than $5 in time and gas?

Ya... seems like a waste, and perhaps it is for a "special trip"

Browse the site and see if there are other items you'd like.