PDA

View Full Version : Headband vs. neckband for MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-X

cc12floz
04-14-2011, 3:05 PM
Since the group buy for these just went into effect, I was hoping to get some input from the calgunner crowd about these so I can make a more educated purchase. I don't know anywhere local to me that would have both in stock to try on so i'm relying on everyone's help.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of the neckband vs the traditional headband version?

Is is just personal preference?

Does the neckband version have a tendency to fall off when moving/running? I'm guessing that extra piece that goes over the head is to keep it in place when doing more rigorous activities.

Thanks for any input you guys have!

john.t.singh
04-14-2011, 3:21 PM
Yah I was wondering about this too. Does anyone own a pair that could also give a quick review?

lairdb
04-14-2011, 3:42 PM
I have the neckband version; I got them after my 10-year-old Peltor 6S (also neckband) began to intermittently die.

Unless you need to wear a helmet that the headband would interfere with, it's a matter of preference. The fabric top-band is still required, to keep them from squashing your ears; the neckband moves the spring bulk from the top of your head to the back of your head. I choose the neckband, because it lets me throw a (loose) hat on top of the ear pro; I prefer a brimmed hat in some circumstances, and the headband style won't work with that.

The MSA top-band is bulkier than the (rinky-dink) Peltor top-band; it's not really practical to wear a tight cap over the MSA top-band, although a looser hat like a boonie can work. (I'm considering putting the Peltor top-band on the MSA muffs; a little less durable, but otherwise may be the best of both worlds.)

HighLander51
04-14-2011, 4:21 PM
the neckband is far more comfortable than the standard headband, and you can wear it over the top or on the back.

Neve
04-14-2011, 4:52 PM
It doesn't really sit on your neck, more like the back of the head and yes its worth it. It just adds more support. Plus MSA makes the best Ear pro, I love mine. Theres something about shooting at the range and still being able to hear the RO at the other end sweeping brass.

Black_Talon
04-14-2011, 5:15 PM
Since the group buy for these just went into effect,

Link to the group buy please! :)

Ubermcoupe
04-14-2011, 6:45 PM
GB Here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=416565&highlight=MSA+Groupbuy)

cc12floz
04-15-2011, 7:35 AM
Awesome...Thanks for all the input! I think i'm going with the neckband version!

Sillyguy
12-22-2011, 2:52 AM
does anyone know if i buy this part:
http://www.srstactical.com/communications/accessories-*-msa/replacement-metallic-band-and-sliders-for-supreme-range/bd002.html

will this allow me to convert my behind-the-head version to on-the-head version?

thx