PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Industries (MI) - Great Customer Service

Hozr
04-14-2011, 11:46 AM
I promised I would share my experience so here it is:

About 6 months ago I purchased a MI carbine length freefloat rail. Last week when removing the rail (barrel Issue) it became very apparent there was going to be an issue. The Set screw on the underside of the freefloat was stuck. Not wow that's tight stuck, but H*&^ S%^& I can't even weld aluminum that well!

After Break free, PB Blaster, and 2 days of soaking, some heat and no luck the damn hex head stripped. I was forced to drill the remainder of the screw out which damaged the freefloat threads as well.

I contacted MI through there website email form and received a response from their CS dept within the hour. The offered to replace the entire assembly on their dime and they did so within a week.

They were awesome to deal with and stand behind their products 100%

Thanks MI!!!!!

ChrisO
04-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Good stuff, I MI rails are what I have put on quite a few of my builds. They are great especially for the price.

coltn46920
04-14-2011, 1:09 PM
I never get email responses from MI.

rt7
04-14-2011, 2:26 PM
This is a great company to do business with. Great customer service.

hella agg
04-14-2011, 5:18 PM
Now I'm afraid to remove my rail :o

rattlesnake_nm
04-14-2011, 5:35 PM
I have the mtar17 and it works great for a surefire g2l on vltor offset. I didn't want free float because i wanted to save weight and only planned on a vert grip and light. Also the mi rails work great with the osprey ops-416 gas piston. I am pleased to hear they not only have a great product, but good customer service.
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l541/rattlesnake505/DSCN1654-1.jpg