PDA

View Full Version : UOC promoted by E-How

Glock22Fan
04-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Stumbled across this (http://www.ehow.com/facts_6814819_california-gun-holster-law.html?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=test16) this morning.

Seems to be full of fail, even though it is not particularly biased.

No mention of school zones, for example. Magazines can't be loaded. And what did July 2010 have to do with UOC?

And this from a site that appears to be giving legal advice.

goodlookin1
04-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Umm....?

You need to go a little further down from the first paragraph. Straight from the site:

Restrictions

California law prohibits open carry and conceal carry weapons in certain places. Public schools grade k to 12, libraries, the governor's mansion, post offices and other state and local government offices are the major restrictions

Open Carry Laws

As long as it is not loaded, handguns can be carried anywhere except restricted areas. Carrying a gun in a holster is legal if the holster is in open sight. The gun owner can carry ammunition for the gun on her person, just not in the gun's firing chamber or magazine.

CalBear
04-14-2011, 10:59 AM
The July 2010 is the author timestamping the article, because that's probably when they wrote it. It definitely could use some clarifications on loaded mags, size of school zones, etc.

G60
04-14-2011, 11:06 AM
E-how appears to give legal advice?
I thought they taught you stuff everybody knows how to do anyways, like cook top ramen.

a1c
04-14-2011, 12:08 PM
I thought they taught you stuff everybody knows how to do anyways, like cook top ramen.

eHow has content about anything. They're a "content farm." They pay contributors dirt cheap (think cents or a few bucks for each article), which is why most of their content is crap. It's written by people who signed up, state their areas of "expertise" (no credentials required most of the time), and then write about it to earn a couple of bucks. That article doesn't represent eHow's stand, just the bias of the author.

Wherryj
04-14-2011, 2:00 PM

http://www.ehow.com/how_2001603_cook-ramen-noodle-soup.html

I wonder how many of their readers forgot to open the noodle bag before trying to cook their Ramen? It doesn't say to do so in the directions.

Glock22Fan
04-14-2011, 2:12 PM
Umm....?

You need to go a little further down from the first paragraph. Straight from the site:

Yes, believe it or not, I did read the whole page, and I stick to my thoughts. Would you not think that the 1,000 foot zone around a school was worth mentioning? Most of us would think that was a HUGE pitfall for the uninitiated but they make it look as if it is OK as long as you don't go into the school.

As far as legal advice, I don't know that site, but if you look at the page, the path to that page is full of the words "legal" and suggestions that they have lawyers on line to answer your questions. Maybe not legal advice in the sense that it is not an attorney saying "this is legal advice" but misleading in my books.

Anyway, not only is the school zone missing, they also say that your magazines must not be loaded.

It seems to me that it would be better were it all left unsaid.

However, some of you think it is OK to give advice that might get someone arrested and cost them mucho dineros (think Theseus), as long as it is on a site that readers should know to be unreliable. So, forget I posted anything.