PDA

View Full Version : Placer CCW Interview

n8munn24
04-14-2011, 8:52 AM
Hey everyone, So today at 2pm I have my interview for my ccw permit. I was just curious of how the interviews go in Placer County, anyone on here have one? Thanks ahead of time for the info.

voiceofreason
04-14-2011, 8:59 AM
Good luck to you friend.

Andy Taylor
04-14-2011, 9:18 AM
No, I'm in Sac.
You might check this thread if you havn't already.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=352775

goodlookin1
04-14-2011, 9:53 AM
I posted up my experience in the Placer CCW page:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=5872778&postcount=166

I got it too, btw :D

n8munn24
04-14-2011, 9:57 AM
Thanks, that was an eye opening thread. Though the only thing that may "hold" me from getting one in my opinion i my age, im 23, does anyone see this as a "problem" or a reason to not issue?

goodlookin1
04-14-2011, 10:06 AM
Thanks, that was an eye opening thread. Though the only thing that may "hold" me from getting one in my opinion i my age, im 23, does anyone see this as a "problem" or a reason to not issue?

Not directly, no. But you would do well to act older than your age, IMO. You should show them in the interview process that you take this very seriously, that you are mature and are more respectful than many others your age.

I am 28 and look younger than I am, and it wasnt a problem for me. But then again, I am married and have a daughter, have a respectful job (career) that helped my "good cause", own a house, dont have a record, etc.......those things **might** have helped show that I am mature enough and responsible enough to handle being issued a CCW. I cant say for sure because I wasnt privy to the background check process or the decision making behind closed doors, but I imagine that it certainly didnt hurt to have those things going for me ;)

Dont be nervous....the Sheriff is a nice guy and is easy to talk to. Tell the truth, dont hide ANYTHING, dont walk around an issue if there is one....tell it how it is. Be up front and unashamed. If you had an issue in the past, tell him what you learned from it. I was honest with him and even told him I had used marijuana once (wasnt caught for it or anything).....I told him this even though I knew there was nothing on my record saying I had ever done it. Show you're a stand up individual and a good citizen. In my view, this (good moral character) goes farther than "good cause" in Placer.

Best of luck in your interview process! Let us know how it goes in the Placer CCW thread.