PDA

View Full Version : truthabout guns review of gunfight

vantec08
04-14-2011, 4:35 AM
http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/04/robert-farago/hbo-documentary-gunfight-sandbag-job/

Seems we are OFWGs now - - - old fat white guys. Ok, I'll own up to it.

jshoebot
04-14-2011, 4:45 AM
Hey, I'm a YFWG! :p

But anyways, have you noticed that everyone associated with the Bradys is a rich white person? Except for their hapless 'victims' that they trot out at events every so often. And why are they funded by wealthy and powerful organizations? What's their interest in controlling guns? :confused:

Too bad HBO aired this drivel. I = cancelled my HBO subscription and wrote a letter telling them why. That sucks, I like a lot of HBO's shows.

tleeocinca
04-14-2011, 5:35 AM
I like the hospital portion where they show all the people who have been shot. I began to wonder, they are all black and almost all off them looked like gang bangers. Hmmm, I think I am starting to see a pattern here..

vantec08
04-14-2011, 5:40 AM
Hey, I'm a YFWG! :p

But anyways, have you noticed that everyone associated with the Bradys is a rich white person? Except for their hapless 'victims' that they trot out at events every so often. And why are they funded by wealthy and powerful organizations? What's their interest in controlling guns? :confused:

Too bad HBO aired this drivel. I = cancelled my HBO subscription and wrote a letter telling them why. That sucks, I like a lot of HBO's shows.

Notice Farago's reference to "gun enthusiasm as a homo-erotic phallocentric fetish"? What a hoot.

Gray Peterson
04-14-2011, 5:51 AM
Gotta love it when an anti-gunner uses "homo-erotic" as a negative. I'll contact GLAAD......

Paladin
04-14-2011, 6:01 AM
Notice Farago's reference to "gun enthusiasm as a homo-erotic phallocentric fetish"? What a hoot.(Oops! Misread. Thought this was what the HBO program said.)

Paladin
04-14-2011, 6:14 AM
I would like to say that the antis, seeing how we've won so much both politically and legally, are being forced to use the "usual suspects" (teachers, professors, and the MSM), to indoctrinate us, esp our kids (our future), with their hate of guns and self-defense (i.e., defense independent of government agents).

cdtx2001
04-14-2011, 6:18 AM
I like the hospital portion where they show all the people who have been shot. I began to wonder, they are all black and almost all off them looked like gang bangers. Hmmm, I think I am starting to see a pattern here..

Now now, you're being insensitive to the poor victims here. It's not their fault they were flashing gang signs, wearing gang clothes, in a rival gang's turf, and THEN got shot.

The real problem of course is the gun. Didn't you know that guns are walking around everywhere and shoot people on their own?

You don't HAVE to be a gang member to get shot by a gun, although it does help...er...uhh.... increase your chances.

vantec08
04-14-2011, 6:31 AM
Now now, you're being insensitive to the poor victims here. It's not their fault they were flashing gang signs, wearing gang clothes, in a rival gang's turf, and THEN got shot.

The real problem of course is the gun. Didn't you know that guns are walking around everywhere and shoot people on their own?

You don't HAVE to be a gang member to get shot by a gun, although it does help...er...uhh.... increase your chances.

I keep asking antis where I can get one of these self-loading, self-aiming, self-shooting, self-reloading, self-reshooting guns . . . . .. URL or address or such. Makes em nuts cause they know.

Paladin
04-14-2011, 6:35 AM

I watched these two series of youtubes the other day, and thought, "How much does it cost the law-abiding taxpayers, not just the emotional toll in having these predators in their midst (assuming they don't get shot as innocent bystanders as the BGs shoot at each other), but also in health care (ambulance/helicopter transport, ER services, post-op and recovery/PT, etc) as well as in prison (food, security, health care, etc costs for decades)? You can be sure these guys aren't paying for Blue Cross/Shield coverage out of their own pockets!

When are the law-abiding going to say, "Screw this! No more ER care paid for by tax-payers. If you can't pay out of pocket, or have insurance, you have to seek charity care! If you can't, too bad. Nice knowing you -- NOT!" After most of their "homies" die bleeding out on the street or at home, you can be sure word would get out on the street that "the Man" (that they despise and attack), will no longer pay to patch them up and the smart ones will start getting real jobs and start avoiding trouble rather than, like that paralyzed guy in the 2nd series, keep looking for and stirring up trouble!

OT: I also remember reading that back in the '60s before some SCOTUS decisions, some states had "3 time loser laws" where, after the 3rd felony conviction, you were executed because, basically, 3 felony convictions showed that you were at war w/law-abiding society and we didn't not allow that. Sounds good to me. W/our "3 strikes you're out" (i.e., in prison w/free food, health care, etc for life), we have to pay for those guys' doctor, nurse, and therapists' care, diabetes meds, high blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds, and triple bypasses! (For those who say, "better to set 10 guilty free than imprison/execute 1 innocent", why stop there? Better to set 100 guilty free! 10,000! All of them! As for risk of innocent being executed: we require vaccinations even though we know a few will suffer or even die because of reaction. We drive the freeways at the speed limit even though a few will suffer or die. Same here. Bad things happen to good people in ALL aspects of live. Suck it up and move on. Time to get on the freeway to go to work...)

bYOPI29tytE

and

aPwOTqkZvwM

brassballs
04-14-2011, 6:43 AM
I keep asking antis where I can get one of these self-loading, self-aiming, self-shooting, self-reloading, self-reshooting guns . . . . .. URL or address or such. Makes em nuts cause they know.

"You get them at your local gun show." No, thats where i get my jerky, pickled olives, and my new knife sharpener.:mad:

vantec08
04-14-2011, 6:55 AM
"You get them at your local gun show." No, thats where i get my jerky, pickled olives, and my new knife sharpener.:mad:

LOL!! . . . . and cuckoo clocks and old magazines.

hvengel
04-14-2011, 11:17 AM
I watched about 2 minutes of this "documentary" and concluded that it was a complete left wing, anti-gun hack job and changed the channel.

Scott Connors
04-14-2011, 12:30 PM
http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/04/robert-farago/hbo-documentary-gunfight-sandbag-job/

Seems we are OFWGs now - - - old fat white guys. Ok, I'll own up to it.

I prefer to think of myself as adipose-and-melanine challenged. :rolleyes:

dantodd
04-14-2011, 1:27 PM
Gotta love it when an anti-gunner uses "homo-erotic" as a negative. I'll contact GLAAD......

What do you mean a negative. It was in reference to gun enthusiasm, a very positive thing in my book.

barrym66
04-14-2011, 1:35 PM
Classic, typical liberal anti-2A drivel.... it hits all the typical talking points (oh, the kids...the gun show 'loophole'...as well as all the inaccurate/exaggerated Brady Bunch statistics), with just a token attempt at showing the opposite (pro-2A) argument. Propaganda at best, and keeping in line with HBO's left turn over the last 10 years.

Anyone take note of the 'bait and switch' and deceptive editing used throughout the show? A couple examples..

- Hidden camera interview at a VA gun show showing a wall display of full auto guns, followed by a legal purchase (private party sale) of a semi-auto AKS-74...implying that this was a legal purchase of a full auto assault weapon requiring no background checks or ATF application/tax stamp (etc)...

- An anti-gun doctor who now gives presentations on gun violence and 'easy availability of illegal guns', making a big and ominous point of leaving his will in an easy to find location before every public appearance - because, you never know, those insanely violent gun people might take offense...

There were probably more examples but I used the fast-forward button too many times in the last half to be sure.

shocknm
04-14-2011, 6:14 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036697/#42597927

chris matthews' take with colin from the brady campaign

mofugly13
04-14-2011, 6:37 PM
About 12 minutes in, they show the text of the 2A, but when the narrator reads it, he leaves out "of th people."

Disgusting.