PDA

View Full Version : Armalite ban list

EchoFourTango
04-14-2011, 12:51 AM
I was wondering if anyone new which of the armalite AR-15 series of rifles were banned in this state, im wanting to buy one and i dont want to be dissapointed in not being able to find one when i go to a shop and ask.

Josh3239
04-14-2011, 12:54 AM
It is Armalite. Any Armalites marked Golden Eagle, AR-180, AR-10, or M15 are illegal. Apparently the only other Armalite model that is legal is the M4C.

7.62 Charlie
04-14-2011, 12:55 AM
Check the OLL & AW guide on the blue bar :)

oaklander
04-14-2011, 1:11 AM
http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

ALSO - make sure you totally understand that chart. Making one small mistake in your rifle's configuration can result in a felony.

EchoFourTango
04-15-2011, 12:21 AM
Thank you, that chart is a pain in the butt to use.

ke6guj
04-15-2011, 12:26 AM
why is it a pain in the butt to use? Tell us so that we can fix it.

evidens83
04-15-2011, 1:04 AM
Why are you fixated on Armalite? Plenty of OLLs nowadays no need to choose one thats specifically banned ;)

7.62 Charlie
04-15-2011, 1:21 AM
Why are you fixated on Armalite? Plenty of OLLs nowadays no need to choose one thats specifically banned ;)

Maybe he likes the logo :D

RustyMacHine
04-15-2011, 7:45 AM
Thank you, that chart is a pain in the butt to use.

This http://calnra.com/cgi-bin/flowchart.cgi?Reset=Try+Again&qq= is so easy even a cave man can do it;).

dieselpower
04-15-2011, 8:29 AM
Its best to stay away from any listed lower manufacturer. Unless you physically see, with your own two eyes the roll mark on the lower.

There have been reported cases of listed lower on other "models" of firearms.

You think that Armalite M4C is not on the list...thats until your FFL calls you and says the lower said M15 and also M4C so I had to refuse it... then the place you bought it from says, they don't care. They are keeping 50% of your money as a restocking fee. Hell the FFL over here might just call LEO to come pick it up and then you are really screwed because thats PC12280...you attempted to and actually had an AW imported into the State.

Heres how you stay SAFE in CA..... BUY WHATS ON THE SHELF, unless you know 100% what you are getting. You local FFL has already done the chart and looked at all this for you.... BUY what he has on hand...its 100% legal.

ElvenSoul
04-15-2011, 8:46 AM
Had a AR10 built on a AeroPrecision Lower and loved it.

supersonic
04-15-2011, 9:10 AM
Had a AR10 built on a AeroPrecision Lower and loved it.

Which you can also do if you want to build an ArmaLite AR(M)-15 :http://jsgunparts.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_53&products_id=578

pacifico23
04-15-2011, 9:14 AM
I dont understand whats with all the haters of Armalite. I have a m15 upper and have had no problems with it except a user malfunction (friend didn't seat mag all the way). People say they are overpriced.. but I got mine for 399.00 on a 4th of july sale. They fixed their barrels and are just as good as any other barrel on the market. Only cons is they still dont individually MP test there BCG and dont offer 1:7 twists. (Which is ok with me not planning on shooting above 62gr). Have about 1800 rounds through it, and I used and abused it not cleaning it for about 800 of those rounds with no problems whatsoever. Just bought a Addax tacial BCG made by Youngs Manufacturing, and a Vltor BCM charging handle. Cant wait to shoot it this weekend!

evidens83
04-15-2011, 9:58 AM
Armalite haters where? We are discussing lower legality. I would snatch an Armalite upper if the deal was right(I remember an awesome group buy way back iirc).

dieselpower
04-15-2011, 10:00 AM
I dont see a single hater in here. I am a Armalite / Eagle fanboy. I just said its not worth the trouble to order ANY listed lower manufacturer. Its a gamble as to what will be sent to you.

pacifico23
04-15-2011, 10:01 AM
They are everywhere. Just google "Armalite uppers?". Most people think they are overpriced.. I dont understand how that is true either. Yeah I was going off topic, sorry the thread reminded me of it.

pacifico23
04-15-2011, 10:04 AM
I dont see a single hater in here. I am a Armalite / Eagle fanboy. I just said its not worth the trouble to order ANY listed lower manufacturer. Its a gamble as to what they send you.

Nah I wasnt getting at anyone in here, just a generality. Esp on Arfcom and m4carbine.net. Even though Armalie is owned by Eagle Arms, Armalite acts a seperate entity. Only the early uppers (from what I gathered like 2004) has a Eagle arms stamp or what not on their barrels.

dieselpower
04-15-2011, 10:09 AM
They are everywhere. Just google "Armalite uppers?". Most people think they are overpriced.. I don't understand how that is true either. Yeah I was going off topic, sorry the thread reminded me of it.

oh yeah. Armalite is a world known manufacturer. We here in the US have a large supply of Colt based fanboys who hate the fact Armalite was #1. They also hate the fact Armalite sold the rights as if to say its junk and then turned right back around and started cashing in on that "junk".

AR15s in many Countries are called.... "Armalites." An AR15 pistol is a "baby Armalite", a CAR is a Carbine ARmalite.

Most other countries know the AR stands for ARMALITE. Its only in the US that Colt has a strong foothold over Armalite. Thats why Armalite is expensive... They are the AR15. The just dont own the name anymore.

The AR24 is one of the best selling pistols also.

pacifico23
04-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Whats funny is most of the Colt fanboys do agree that Armalite is considered a "Top Tier" Ar platform even though that you said is true. Its all the BCM, Daniel Defense, LMT guys that think Armalite sucks it seems.

dieselpower
04-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Whats funny is most of the Colt fanboys do agree that Armalite is considered a "Top Tier" Ar platform even though that you said is true. Its all the BCM, Daniel Defense, LMT guys that think Armalite sucks it seems.

yeah...the "Chart" tells them Armalite is a mid-tier, "hobby" gun..:rolleyes:

stupid mall ninjas...LOL Armalite is one of the Top brands...and its only good for plinking and range work...you can not trust your life to one...BAHAHAHA.. ya ok

dieselpower
04-15-2011, 10:35 AM
:threadjacked: back to the AR24. Its a CZ/Sig styled, milled billet frame, 9mm. Its made in Turkey under Armalite control, then sent to the US for testing if being sold in the US. Many other countries have their own distribution and testing centers. Its used world wide by LEOs who don't want a Glock. I have shot several in Washington and New York and it handles like a dream. If I could legally buy one I would have over my Glock. I went with a Glock for easy of stocking up on extra parts and to tell you the truth, a Glock disassembles and can be repaired easier in the field. As a LEO sidearm, its great, as a tumble in the mud and repair it at the campsite...its like a Sig or Baretta 92. Fixing one campfire style is a PITA.

mike_the_wino
04-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Thank you, that chart is those California gun laws are a pain in the butt to use.
There. I fixed your post. You're welcome. :D

Seriously, the chart does seem stupid. Much like a really bad game of Shoots and Ladders, except this one is Shots or Felonies. Spend some time going over it and it will become more clear.

Quiet
04-15-2011, 7:19 PM
From the 1970s-90s, ABC (ArmaLite, Bushmaster, Colt) was considered the best.

Starting the in 2000s, there are far better manufacturers than ABC.

maxima
04-15-2011, 7:49 PM
It is almost impossible to get a pure armalite M15 rifle if you are not the elite class. What you can do is get the complete uppers from armalite mated with your stripped OLLs with armalite LPKs, butt stocks. It will be the same as M15 rifles without armalite logo.

I have two Armalite M15 uppers and those are top notch.

TROJAN
07-15-2011, 11:54 AM
It is almost impossible to get a pure armalite M15 rifle if you are not the elite class.

Not necessarily true,.....while you're right about an Armalite "M15" marked receiver,......you can find the elusive CA legal Armalite logo marked "CARBINE 5.56MM" "M4C". Ask me how I know.......???? Pic below is from a former board member...

They're out there.....you just have to locate one, then hope the private party seller or dealer is willing to sell it to a CA resident, and that your CA FFL is willing to accept it for transfer. I always prefer private party individual sellers with Drivers License copy instead of an FFL that has to go through the CA CFLC process. Good luck!

http://www.liveruckus.com/gallery/data/500/lower_closeup.jpg