PDA

View Full Version : too heavy to handle?

ghettoshecky
11-14-2006, 8:55 AM
If I buy a 550lb safe do you think it will be too much for 2 adult men and an appliance dolly to handle? I live in a condo that for some reason unbeknowst to me has an elevator that skips the second floor, therefore I will have to take the stairs. Has anyone had an experience like this before and was able to do it?

Nefarious
11-14-2006, 8:57 AM
didnt you ask this already? I remember seeing this exact same question - it wsa the elevator skip that caught my eye (gunscal?)

People suggested 4 men instead of 2..
and also to take the elevator a floor up and tote the safe down.. instead of trying to get it up the stairs.
They also advised to see if a save that heavy would violate any rental agreements and what not...

ohsmily
11-14-2006, 11:25 AM
two men will NOT be able to get that thing up and down stairs safely (if at all). If no stairs are involved, then 2 people could do it without too much effort.

VeryCoolCat
11-14-2006, 1:34 PM
Then someone also suggested hiring the mexicans at the home depot.

Bob Hostetter
11-14-2006, 3:16 PM
I took mine up two flights of stairs using a hand truck and a couple of friends. Won't do it again...........

ghettoshecky
11-14-2006, 3:37 PM
yeah I did ask the questions, but for some reason it seemed the thread disappeared (couldn't find it, it's not in my history of posts either)... anyways thanks for the suggestion, might have to hire Mexicans I suppose....

ghettoshecky
11-14-2006, 3:48 PM
didnt you ask this already? I remember seeing this exact same question - it wsa the elevator skip that caught my eye (gunscal?)

People suggested 4 men instead of 2..
and also to take the elevator a floor up and tote the safe down.. instead of trying to get it up the stairs.
They also advised to see if a save that heavy would violate any rental agreements and what not...

yeah I wanted to tote it down, but unfortunately this place was built by some thoughtless person who constructed the stairs where there is choke point that would catch something as large as the size of safe I wanted. It's some side light that looks like I could rip it off if I'm not careful enough moving a large safe.