PDA

View Full Version : How do trades work?

MacDime
04-13-2011, 10:45 PM
I hope im not posting this in the wrong area if i am im sorry. I am going to be listing something for trade and was just wondering, those of you that have traded things other than FTF how did you go about it. I know i am going to have to ship an item and the other person is gonna have to ship an item. Is it just done on the honor system, who goes first. If you can give me any advice i would be appreciative. I have sold stuff FTF before but trading when items need to be shipped is new to me.

dieselpower
04-13-2011, 11:29 PM
I have done a bunch of trades. First off you need to prepare yourself to get ripped off. Then make plans to LIMIT that from happening.

If either side has an issue with precautions from getting ripped off, then that person doesn't care about the item they are trading...larger chance of a scammer.

I traded a 1911 for a flashlight. The guy was so tripped up that I was going to do this trade, he requested I send the firearm to his FFL before he shipped the flashlight. To make sure I was serious and the firearm was...well a real firearm..LOL I had no issue with this. He had like 5000 posts and like 500 deals on AR15.com and many more on E-bay and gun broker. I was fairly sure he wasn't going to rip me off.

You need to make the same type of plans and do your homework on the other guy.

UserM4
04-13-2011, 11:32 PM
I have done a bunch of trades. First off you need to prepare yourself to get ripped off. Then make plans to LIMIT that from happening.

If either side has an issue with precautions from getting ripped off, then that person doesn't care about the item they are trading...larger chance of a scammer.

I traded a 1911 for a flashlight. The guy was so tripped up that I was going to do this trade, he requested I send the firearm to his FFL before he shipped the flashlight. To make sure I was serious and the firearm was...well a real firearm..LOL I had no issue with this. He had like 5000 posts and like 500 deals on AR15.com and many more on E-bay and gun broker. I was fairly sure he wasn't going to rip me off.

You need to make the same type of plans and do your homework on the other guy.

Are you gonna listen to a guy that traded his 1911 for a flashlight? :eek:

MacDime
04-13-2011, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the info. I am going to be trading some watches for a really nice upper. Should i request he send the upper first, as I know i will not rip anybody off?

dieselpower
04-13-2011, 11:35 PM
Are you gonna listen to a guy that traded his 1911 for a flashlight? :eek:

LOL... I view firearms a little differently then others view them.

MacDime
04-13-2011, 11:36 PM
How have you proposed trades, and how do you decide who jumps first?

bruce_ventura
04-13-2011, 11:47 PM
Hey dieselpower, you got anymore 1911s? I got a bunch of flashlights!

MacDime
04-13-2011, 11:50 PM
Hey man dont knock flashlights some flashlights can run into the thousands. Anyway how do you decide who ships first?

MrPlink
04-14-2011, 12:23 AM
Hey dieselpower, you got anymore 1911s? I got a bunch of flashlights!

I'll up the ante with a spot light ;)

mrvash
04-14-2011, 1:17 AM
What the hell, I was wondering this exact thing, about online trading.. I was going to put my black magpul furniture up for trade for magpul furniture in FDE

kozumasbullitt
04-14-2011, 1:22 AM
Well I believe the person with the lower feedback should ship first.

MrPlink
04-14-2011, 1:34 AM
Hey man dont knock flashlights some flashlights can run into the thousands. Anyway how do you decide who ships first?

lemme know when flashlights shoot 45acp.;)

but I would just go with the honor system and agree to ship on the same day, using same methods.