PDA

View Full Version : 8MM Overunder.

ivanimal
11-13-2006, 9:40 PM
I have been looking at these small gauge shotguns for a while and finally gave in I bought an Investarms 8MM over/under from Accardi Importers. http://www.accardi-importers.com/
Vito was an excellent source of both ammo and specifics on how easy it is to load and reload for these guns. It is an average of 6 cents per round. In Italy these are called Garden guns and are used for small game birds and pest control. I was also able to procure some 8MM slugs and they look to be a hoot. I cant wait to shoot this thing.:D

http://www.investarm.com/incisioni/images/sydney-XL1-056.jpg

NeoWeird
11-13-2006, 11:35 PM
Any particular reason why you didn't just go for a .410 shotgun? Ok, so the 8mm is a little smaller, but the .410 is already so small as it is. Sure the 8mm is cool, but is that really worth the effort it will take to find ammo/reload for it?

CalNRA
11-14-2006, 12:34 AM
Any particular reason why you didn't just go for a .410 shotgun? Ok, so the 8mm is a little smaller, but the .410 is already so small as it is. Sure the 8mm is cool, but is that really worth the effort it will take to find ammo/reload for it?

well, because you can!!! WHy not?

pacificcoast
11-14-2006, 12:56 AM
nice choice, over unders are classy. im with neowierd though, why go with the 8mm over the .410?? i dont even know what 8mm shotgun shells look like. youll need to post picutres of 8mm next to .410 :)

ivanimal
11-14-2006, 10:48 PM

I already have a 410. I have 500 reloadable rounds that I bought with the shotgun. Each round is reloadable up to 10 times, supposedly, we will see.

nice choice, over unders are classy. im with neowierd though, why go with the 8mm over the .410?? i dont even know what 8mm shotgun shells look like. youll need to post picutres of 8mm next to .410

There is no real noise or recoil to speak of. For hunting dove in orchards where you dont want to destroy any meat these are ideal.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/ivanimal/scoutsvetday058.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/ivanimal/scoutsvetday057.jpg

The real justification is "why not".

This is the heart of the beast.:D

pacificcoast
11-14-2006, 11:37 PM
wow, those are neat. especially without the brass rim. let us know how it shoots.

ivanimal
11-24-2006, 12:43 AM
I will be bringing it to Chabot today. I will fill you in on the particulars.

pacificcoast
11-30-2006, 9:56 PM
I will be bringing it to Chabot today. I will fill you in on the particulars.

so how did she shoot? :D

we want an update! :)

ivanimal
11-30-2006, 10:11 PM
Welllllllllllllllll.................. I did take it to Chabot and I did shoot slugs out of it. 2" low at 50 yards, definitely lethal power. With earmuffs on I could not hear it go off! My son was cracking up after shooting a Garand and then this. I did not get to shoot the pellet loads as the rangemaster denied any lead pellets from going downrange. This saves the wood framing on the target stands. I somehow got the latch jammed by closing it while it was in the full folded latch position. I stopped shooting it to not risk damage. I took it back to Accardi imports and he showed me how to fix it in 20 seconds:o I will post more when I can shoot it with no hearing protection. I want to see if it makes any noise at all. I am sure it does.;)

Sydwaiz
11-30-2006, 10:13 PM
be fun for skeet!

pacificcoast
11-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Welllllllllllllllll.................. I did take it to Chabot and I did shoot slugs out of it. 2" low at 50 yards, definitely lethal power. With earmuffs on I could not hear it go off! My son was cracking up after shooting a Garand and then this. I did not get to shoot the pellet loads as the rangemaster denied any lead pellets from going downrange. This saves the wood framing on the target stands. I somehow got the latch jammed by closing it while it was in the full folded latch position. I stopped shooting it to not risk damage. I took it back to Accardi imports and he showed me how to fix it in 20 seconds:o I will post more when I can shoot it with no hearing protection. I want to see if it makes any noise at all. I am sure it does.;)

sounds like a hoot! was there any recoil?

pacificcoast
11-30-2006, 10:53 PM
be fun for skeet!

the shot would probably just rickochet right off of them. :D

ivanimal
11-30-2006, 11:25 PM
sounds like a hoot! was there any recoil?

Absolutely none.:D

M. Sage
12-01-2006, 7:23 AM
I will post more when I can shoot it with no hearing protection. I want to see if it makes any noise at all. I am sure it does.;)

I was standing there when he touched it off, too. Sounded .22lr-ish. Definitely a low-velocity round, but I still wouldn't want to get hit by an 8mm diameter chunk of lead! Didn't look like it's got a lot of (well, any) recoil, either. Definitely a cool toy.

You can shoot pellets down at the far right end of the rifle line, on the patterning board (bench 53... yeah, I spend too much time there). That's all you can shoot there, though.

I have no idea what the ballistics are like for it.. any idea of MV and MF?

ivanimal
12-01-2006, 7:43 AM
I was standing there when he touched it off, too. Sounded .22lr-ish. Definitely a low-velocity round, but I still wouldn't want to get hit by an 8mm diameter chunk of lead! Didn't look like it's got a lot of (well, any) recoil, either. Definitely a cool toy.

You can shoot pellets down at the far right end of the rifle line, on the patterning board (bench 53... yeah, I spend too much time there). That's all you can shoot there, though.

I have no idea what the ballistics are like for it.. any idea of MV and MF?

The lane was busy all day so I never shot pellets. I do not read Italian so I dont know what the Mzzle velocity is I will ask my wifey to translate later.:D 2" low at 50 yards does not say much for force but like you said I would not want to be hit with it.

JPglee1
12-01-2006, 8:14 AM
like you said I would not want to be hit with it.

Find me a level IIA vest and I'll let you shoot me with it :D

JP

ivanimal
12-01-2006, 11:14 AM
HA!!!! I might miss and ruin your sex life dude!:eek: