PDA

View Full Version : Coverting a fab10 into a detachable mag

ARRRR-15
11-13-2006, 4:52 PM
Would it be legal to covert a fab10 into a detachable mag? It's not listed. No plans, just curious.

blkA4alb
11-13-2006, 4:54 PM
Yes it would if it did not have any of the evil features.

tenpercentfirearms
11-13-2006, 4:57 PM
For Pete's sake don't do it! I will trade you an OLL for it. No joke. If you don't want your FAB-10, I will trade you a Spike's Tactical or CMMG lower straight across the board for it. You will just have to have someone DROS it for you, but you can send your FAB-10 straight to me. Send me an e-mail at guns@tenpercentfirearms.com if you are interested.

Whatever you do, don't destroy a FAB-10 just because you want an open mag well. Just buy a new lower or trade me for it.

ARRRR-15
11-13-2006, 5:03 PM
Rad! That's what I thought. I got a lathe, milling machines, drill presses and bits at my work to do just about any job. Maybe I'll take this on then try out an 80% receiver.

How do you go about registering a completed receiver? Markings? Serial #?

ARRRR-15
11-13-2006, 5:07 PM
For Pete's sake don't do it! I will trade you an OLL for it. No joke. If you don't want your FAB-10, I will trade you a Spike's Tactical or CMMG lower straight across the board for it. You will just have to have someone DROS it for you, but you can send your FAB-10 straight to me. Send me an e-mail at guns@tenpercentfirearms.com if you are interested.

Whatever you do, don't destroy a FAB-10 just because you want an open mag well. Just buy a new lower or trade me for it.

OK Ok:) I'll get an 80% after the 1/107 and play with that. I was just wondering, Alway trying to learn something new. Your right though, I wasn't thinking. With these new laws a may need it in the future. Can't you still purchase FAB-10 receivers?

ARRRR-15
11-13-2006, 5:09 PM
I do have a friend who doesn't use his. I just recently turned him onto OLL's. He might be interested. I ask him for ya.

QuickOnTheDraw
11-13-2006, 5:13 PM
You went from no plans, just curious to Radical, I've got access to all the tools, yeehaaw. You should listen to 10% and just trade him straight across, it will save you lots of time and headaches. That is, unless you have plenty of time, patience, and skill. Not sure what you meant by registering it, it should already be dros'd if it's in your posession.

ARRRR-15
11-13-2006, 5:36 PM
You went from no plans, just curious to Radical, I've got access to all the tools, yeehaaw. You should listen to 10% and just trade him straight across, it will save you lots of time and headaches. That is, unless you have plenty of time, patience, and skill. Not sure what you meant by registering it, it should already be dros'd if it's in your posession.

Sorry got excited when I get the quick response from blkA4alb.:)

I like the fab10 just don't like the fact it only holds 9 rounds. We're limited to 10 I'd like to use 10. I love making stuff, drilling, milling, ginding...just as long as I'm using my brain. Thought it would be a fun project. I guess I jumped to gun a bit(no pun intended). That's why I post here first, so I don't do anything stupid.

I was under the impression you didn't have to register an 80% complete receiver until it was finished. Is the 80% complete just to get a lower price?:confused:

bu-bye
11-13-2006, 6:18 PM
My fab-10 holds 10 rounds:confused:

I'd trade 10% if my Fab-10 wasn't also a 50BMG rifle:D

ARRRR-15
11-13-2006, 6:37 PM
My fab-10 holds 10 rounds:confused:

I'd trade 10% if my Fab-10 wasn't also a 50BMG rifle:D

I only managed to get 9 in. Something must be wrong. Too bad I can't get the mag out to check it. I've heard some guys have them registered as 50s. How was that done?

Dont Tread on Me
11-13-2006, 6:45 PM
For Pete's sake don't do it! I will trade you an OLL for it. No joke. If you don't want your FAB-10, I will trade you a Spike's Tactical or CMMG lower straight across the board for it.

OK, what's with the preservation of FAB-10s?

morepoop4u
11-13-2006, 6:50 PM

He wants a stockpile of those once we all get arrested:D. 10% is where is where I retired my DELETED10:rolleyes:

NeoWeird
11-13-2006, 7:19 PM
Keep in mind there are OTHER states that still have AWB laws that will pay a premium for weapons like the FAB-10, because Harriot only covers CALIFORNIA.

tenpercentfirearms
11-13-2006, 9:14 PM
I use them as floor models in my shop and because you never know when you might want one. I too registered my pre-2005 FAB-10 as a .50 BMG even though I have no upper for it.

ARRRR-15
11-13-2006, 9:17 PM
I use them as floor models in my shop and because you never know when you might want one. I too registered my pre-2005 FAB-10 as a .50 BMG even though I have no upper for it.

Could have registered my fab10 again as a 50 in 2005?