PDA

View Full Version : Marlin 60 22lr

bloodhawke83
04-13-2011, 10:34 AM
so, how can i stop the tube from falling out when loading? :mad:

ptgarcia
04-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Are you talking about the tube magazine or the plunger?

bloodhawke83
04-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Are you talking about the tube magazine or the plunger?

i have no idea what its called, the brass tube that comes out.

bambklr
04-13-2011, 10:48 AM
I have always just taken the plunger out and set a side while loading so it won't fall on the ground and then I step on it and end my day shooting early

puropuro
04-13-2011, 12:18 PM
I have always just taken the plunger out and set a side while loading so it won't fall on the ground and then I step on it and end my day shooting early

Me too.

Is the OP trying to leave that long plunger hanging out the end? That's not gonna work so well.

chesterthehero
04-13-2011, 5:03 PM
hold the end of the barrel AND the tube with one hand while loading with the other... ive never had an issue with mine falling out..

mindwip
04-14-2011, 8:56 AM
My stays just fine, maybe you need a new one if it falls out

Dion
04-14-2011, 9:04 AM
You know, I've been considering making some "quick loaders" I found some brass tubing that is pre cut and can only hold ten rounds (Coincidence? I think not - big brother is watching! :p). It would be so nice just to remove the plunger, dump in 15 rounds and keep going. I know there are also speed loaders which seem ultra cool. Maybe go that route, but the one-by-one deal is no fun.

chesterthehero
04-14-2011, 7:14 PM
You know, I've been considering making some "quick loaders" I found some brass tubing that is pre cut and can only hold ten rounds (Coincidence? I think not - big brother is watching! :p). It would be so nice just to remove the plunger, dump in 15 rounds and keep going. I know there are also speed loaders which seem ultra cool. Maybe go that route, but the one-by-one deal is no fun.

mine holds 18 rounds so 10 round loaders would be annoying..

the 10rd limit does not apply to rimfire tube mags...

Dion
04-14-2011, 8:56 PM
mine holds 18 rounds so 10 round loaders would be annoying..

the 10rd limit does not apply to rimfire tube mags...

I know, I was just kidding :p

Anybody use a Spee-d-loader?

chesterthehero
04-14-2011, 9:18 PM
i had a few when i was a kid.. my older brother picked them up somewhere.. we would use them "just cuz".. i dont think it helped us shoot pinecones/birds/dirt clods/frogs/cans/rocks/bottles/trees/squirrels/corncobs/matchbox cars/milk jugs/abandon cars/campfires/apples/golfballs/ect any faster.. i do remember that they didnt fit in our pockets very well and we would drop them a lot.. then again i guess thats what happens when you ride a bike through the woods with a rifle mounted to the gunrack on your bike..

asgalindez
04-14-2011, 9:28 PM
Anybody use a Spee-d-loader?

I got a spee-d-loader for my Marlin 60 and Henry lever action 22. They come in different lengths...mine holds 15 rds. I burn through ammo a lot faster since I got it.:43:

mindwip
04-15-2011, 11:02 AM
I have the 15 too, makes appleseed shoots easy

marlin2010
04-15-2011, 8:36 PM

i agree, i do the same with mine.