PDA

View Full Version : Can I buy a threaded barrel from out of state legally?

Seahorse
04-13-2011, 9:47 AM
I 'm getting mixed info on my question.My question is , Can I buy a threaded barrel out of state and have it shipped to california? I don't plan on using it or putting it on in california but in Arizona for recreational purposes.Can someone help and tell me? :confused:

Seahorse
04-13-2011, 9:49 AM
I forgot to mention it is a 9mm HK Threaded barrel for usp.

Maltese Falcon
04-13-2011, 9:58 AM
Well yes you can buy it, but beware of constructive possession in California. Don't have it on your pistol ever in CA or even in close proximity to it. Why chance it?

A person can be charged with constructive possession of an illegal device if they possess the otherwise legal material to assemble it. If a person has in his possession or control the ingredients to make an explosive device, he can be charged with constructive possession of that device.

Seahorse
04-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the info Maltese.

CSACANNONEER
04-13-2011, 10:05 AM
AFAIK, there is NO CONTRUCTIVE POSSESSION for California AWs! So, go ahead and keep the threaded barrel in the same case as the pistol.

As far as simpling aquiring a threaded barrrel goes, there is no law against it. In fact, you can legally put a threaded barrel on any type of handgun you want to EXCEPT for semi autos with the capacity to accept detachable magazines. My AK pistol in not an RAW, it has a mag lock on it and, IT HAS A THREADED BARREL.

Seahorse
04-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Goood tips, more than enough. I have less doubt about my decision, but dont stop there if you have more to share on the subject.Peace of mind is priceless.Thanks folks.

Vonshliken12
04-14-2011, 4:46 PM
I live in TN and just bought a MPA M10 with a threaded barrel. When I move back to CA how difficult is it to attach a break or safety extension permanently?

Fjold
04-14-2011, 6:45 PM
I live in TN and just bought a MPA M10 with a threaded barrel. When I move back to CA how difficult is it to attach a break or safety extension permanently?

Screw it on, pin it and weld the pin in.

n0xname
04-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Be carefull....just don't assemble to play it safe

Seahorse
05-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the responses,Got everything I was looking for. I have gained alot of info and peace of mind.