PDA

View Full Version : Shooting 800, 900 and 1,000 yards this weekend

Fjold
04-12-2011, 6:26 PM
Come on out to Cuyama and shoot with us this weekend.

The match is Sunday morning, sign up is at 0730 and shooting starts about 0800. We're shooting 15 rounds at 800 yards (unlimited sighters to start), 15 rounds at 900 yards (2 sighters) and 15 rounds at 1,000 yards (2 sighters).

We shoot prone with open sights (sling) or F class (scoped rifles with rest or bipod). If you have a good 100 yard zero and enough elevation (about 50 MOA for a 308) we can get you on the targets.

If you'd like to come out and watch, learn the course, learn how to pull and mark targets, etc. you are welcome to come out also. If you are in the Bakersfield area you can even ride out with me and save yourself some gas.
(I leave my house about 0600, so I can visit before the match)

Saturday morning about 10 AM they have open practice time but I won't be there for that. If you need directions to the range contact me and I'll be glad to help.

RugerNo1
04-13-2011, 9:04 AM
Quick question, what club runs the matches at Cuyama? I cannot seem to find anyone.

On a side note, it is kind of depressing to see that several people have looked at this thread and ignored it. With such a busy gunshow last weekend I would have figured there would be more local interest...perhaps I am wrong though.

choprzrul
04-13-2011, 9:19 AM
I have been Frank's guest at one of these events and I can tell you that it is very cool. For some odd reason, I even like being in the pits working the targets & listening to the crack of rounds going overhead.

I would be there, but I agreed to go with my wife to the Appleseed @ SLOSA this weekend. I really want to get out there with my 300mag and poke some holes in the paper!

Super friendly group of people, now get off your duffs and go do it!

Ahhnother8
04-13-2011, 9:44 AM
Shooting 800, 900 and 1,000 yards this weekend

Us too, only at Sac. Will have to travel down there one day to shoot with that crowd.

For those in the area, 1,000 yards is a lot of fun to shoot!! Just head out to Cuyama and bring plenty of ammo.

Fjold
04-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Quick question, what club runs the matches at Cuyama? I cannot seem to find anyone.

On a side note, it is kind of depressing to see that several people have looked at this thread and ignored it. With such a busy gunshow last weekend I would have figured there would be more local interest...perhaps I am wrong though.

Tri-County Gun Club. It's a small club with no website. Crowbar here on Calguns is the President. I'm a member so if you have any questions I'd be glad to try to answer them.

Some of the CAPRC club members are coming up from SoCal.

If anyone is interested in shooting but are a little uneasy of just being dumped out there to fend for themselves. I'll be glad to coach you on the line and in the pits. I can usually handle about three shooters at a time if I'm not shooting.

RugerNo1
04-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Thank you Frank,

Once I do not have a 20 page term paper lingering over my head I will make it out there to play! :thumbsup:

Fjold
04-14-2011, 7:06 PM
Just bumping it in case someone hasn't seen it yet.

bomb_on_bus
04-14-2011, 8:08 PM
Man I would love to go! Would I be able to just hang out and watch LOL as I dont really have a good bolt gun anymore. I got rid of the mini windrunner and am looking for a EDM arms .510 DTC windrunner to replace it.

Only other stuff I have in the safe now are all semi autos in various calibers up to .308.

Fjold
04-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Man I would love to go! Would I be able to just hang out and watch LOL as I dont really have a good bolt gun anymore. I got rid of the mini windrunner and am looking for a EDM arms .510 DTC windrunner to replace it.

Only other stuff I have in the safe now are all semi autos in various calibers up to .308.

You're more than welcome to come out and watch. I leave my house about 6 AM Sunday morning and you can either ride with me or take your own vehicle in case you want to leave the range early. We're usually done shooting by 1 PM.

I would bring a hat, a folding chair and some binoculars or a spotting scope to see the target markers with. It's a lot more interesting if you can see the hits in the target.

PM me for directions, etc.