PDA

View Full Version : Vulcan Rifles V-73 (Galil Clone)...anyone have any experience to share?

Super Spy
04-12-2011, 2:29 PM
I recently got a wild hair up my azz to get a Galil....one in 308 would be even better.....then the harsh reality of how much money they sell for soaked in and I realized it wasn't going to happen soon. I've found ORF receivers and parts kits although prices weren't exactly stellar either. Then I came across the Vulcan V-73 which is basically a Galil clone http://www.vulcanarmament.com/cgistore/store.cgi?page=/new/product.html&setup=1&ida=165&idp=86&his=0|86&cart_id=422973.1392 I know Galil's are supposed to be the shiznit, and in a hardhitting 308 should be suitable for all sorts of things. I read an all temperature test of various rifles under extreme cold temperature and the Galil was a standout in that test.

Anyone have any experience with Vulcan rifle's especially the V-73 that may be relevant to my quest?

CA compliance shouldn't be difficult, Kydex wrap, muzzle brake, and block the mags to 10 rounds, and I may have to pin the stock.

The V-18 they sell looks cool too....so tell me CalGuns, Vulcan Rifles, good or bad?

MrPlink
04-12-2011, 4:00 PM
This isn't vulcan as in hesse vulcan blackthorne etc etc?

If it is, take your money and run

Super Spy
04-12-2011, 4:20 PM
They do mention Blackthorne is a distributor, so that certainly seems likely.....But do you know how hard it is to find a Galil, let alone one in 308? I found one on the CGN classifieds but @ $2500 it's overpriced and it's 5.56.....I guess I'll keep dreaming.

Not much response so I guess nobody else likes Galil's.....or they really don't like Vulcan.

bigthaiboy
04-12-2011, 4:28 PM
I have bought stuff from Blackthorne, but have no experience with their built guns, because Vulcan and Hesse guns seem to have a poor reputation for quality within the industry. I would do a google search for reviews on the Vulcan V-73 to see whether people on other forums have any thing good or bad experiences with that model.

Full Clip
04-12-2011, 4:30 PM
Oh, right... (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Vulcan+Arms)

JDW67
04-12-2011, 4:31 PM
Vulcan/Hesse/Blackthorne...there's a reason why they keep changing their names...

Super Spy
04-12-2011, 4:47 PM
I did Google CGN first....just like feedback here a bit better than generic who-the-hell-am-I-talking-too.....

MrPlink
04-12-2011, 5:04 PM
I know you can built a 5.56 model for about under 1k, or of course you could get a Golani for circa 6-700.
As far the .308 model goes... yeah its tough to find.

Either way, its a lot of cash for a fancy AK.

darkest2000
04-12-2011, 5:25 PM
Either shell out the cash for an off-list genuine IMI, or find a ORF receiver (and hope it's in spec) in .308 plus the kit to be built by someone that knows what they're doing, such as http://www.hillbillyfirearms.com/

ARfiend
04-12-2011, 7:39 PM
The first AR that a friend and I built was a Vulcan V15. This thing was so out of spec that we actually had to get a dremmel out and take some metal out of the inside of the lower just to make the trigger drop in. I would suggest you stay as far away from their stuff as possible. Not a good first impression for me.