PDA

View Full Version : So how did you do this hunting season

tankerman
11-13-2006, 7:54 AM
How did it go for you?
My results are 2 limits on Dove, 1 Hog, 3 Antelope.
1 unfilled San Diego archery tag, never got a chance to go. No time for duck or upland game this year. This list does not include varmint.
Fairly productive. Though passed on an Elk tag for Wyoming and saw the biggest Elk I have ever seen while trying to help my uncle fill his deer tag.:eek:

jaymz
11-13-2006, 9:41 AM
http://myspace-640.vo.llnwd.net/01422/04/61/1422561640_m.jpg

I still have a bear tag I'd like to fill.

gose
11-13-2006, 10:42 AM
First season in 18 years without a deer :(

Hunting in the Bay Area isn't really like it was back in Sweden...

pieeater
11-13-2006, 7:10 PM
http://myspace-640.vo.llnwd.net/01422/04/61/1422561640_m.jpg

I still have a bear tag I'd like to fill.

Filled mine Saturday.

http://www.fototime.com/97F4E193D3B903C/standard.jpg

jaymz
11-13-2006, 8:51 PM
Damn, that's a nice bear! My guess would be Northern Ca? I've never seen one that big down here in So Cal - and never seen one at all during the season.

chris
11-13-2006, 9:36 PM
no luck on deer. too many people shooting across the canyon to scare deer out of the brush. morons i tell you.

but duck season has been pretty good so far.

David002
11-14-2006, 8:58 AM
How did it go for you?
My results are 2 limits on Dove, 1 Hog, 3 Antelope.
1 unfilled San Diego archery tag, never got a chance to go. No time for duck or upland game this year. This list does not include varmint.
Fairly productive. Though passed on an Elk tag for Wyoming and saw the biggest Elk I have ever seen while trying to help my uncle fill his deer tag.:eek:

just outta curiousity, where did u get the Hog? :D

gose
11-14-2006, 9:45 AM
My problem is finding a good place to hunt. I haven't really looked into it, but it feels like it's less of a pain to get a cheap ticket back home and hunt on our land...

That being said... anyone wanna trade some CA hunting with deer and moose hunting in Sweden? :D

ivanimal
11-17-2006, 9:51 PM
I passed on a forky to give my buddy his first deer. I tried to grow horns on the bigges Doe I have ever seen in CA but was unsucessful.:D

pieeater
11-18-2006, 7:30 AM
Damn, that's a nice bear! My guess would be Northern Ca? I've never seen one that big down here in So Cal - and never seen one at all during the season. Yeah up by Covelo, the ranch I hunt up there is infested with them.

anotherone
11-18-2006, 11:00 AM
So far the weather has been crappy at the refuges. I've shot 3 Mallards, 1 Canvasback, and 20 Coots. I've seen a lot more birds but when the skies are clear and the refuge is packed with idiots who think they can hit a bird at 200 yards with birdshot the birds are just too spooked. I haven't been out since early November and missed most of the season due to a death in my wife's family. After thanksgiving I'll dig up the Mojo decoy and get to work, hopefully things will get better. I did shoot a limit of doves and took 2 grey foxes though.

I only took one squirrel this year and unfortunately it was with a Toyota.

sargenv
11-22-2006, 6:10 AM
We did ok on Dove. We managed to scrape up one limit each (dad and I) on private land in the Northern Sac Valley. If we'd gone to his duck club (where they'd put in Safflower to grow and trashed it before the season) we'd have done better. We did manage to get a few more Doves there the following week anyway.

Duck season has been good for Dad so far, but he's on his club. I went last week and we managed 5 on Saturday (it was a clear sky day) but we didn't fire a shot after 8a. We missed a few opportunities, but managed 2 Mallard, 2 Sprig (one each) and a Shoveler. I'll be heading back up in a couple weeks. Will report when I have more info.

Vince