PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when you receive useles surplus?

13204u
04-12-2011, 1:56 PM
Well to make a long story short, I purchased a bayonet from a trusted vendor. I have bought many times from them with no issues. My latest purchase was a few surplus items, one of them being an AKM bayonet. The item was advertised as used condition will show wear and was priced at $20. When I opened the box to look at my order everything was fine minus the bayonet. It was lightly rusted and covered in dirt. That wasn't my main issue, it was heavily worn on the blade and missing a large chunk out of it, along that it had many knicks along the blade and was completely butter knife dull. While I have no issue with used items, this thing really should have never been sold to begin with. So the question is should I contact the vendor or consider this a lesson learned and just be fine by being out $20?

Prenub
04-12-2011, 3:18 PM
Purchasing an item as used condition involves a certain risk but it seems to me it shouldnt have been sold in the first place. Since you ve learned your lesson, contact the vendor, return the item and teach them a lesson.

paul0660
04-12-2011, 3:21 PM
That bayo was USED, it is worth $200!

sk8804
04-13-2011, 9:19 PM
call them and get a refund.