PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a Beretta 391 Urika

somekevinguy
11-13-2006, 7:49 AM
I have been a handgun and rifle shooter and owner for a long time but have just now decided to get my first shotgun. I always wanted to get one eventually but the thing that finally pushed me into it was that I do a lot of dirt biking in the California desert and a lot of the places I go allow you to shoot shotguns only. So I just want to get hand thrower and have some fun out there. Also there is a trap range at my work and I thought I might take it there. Eventually I would like to start going to skeet ranges also. So after doing a lot of reading I decided the Beretta 391 Urika sounds like the gun for me, pending getting my hands on one and seeing how it feels. The problem is that I have called around to the few gun shops that I know of that are closest to me and nobody has one. Where is good gun shop that has good prices and service and might carry these things in stock? I live in Torrance(LA area). I am thinking I am going to have to drive a ways to find one.

Bryan Whited
11-13-2006, 4:49 PM
Head on up to Oak Tree. Near the 5 and 14 split.
They will have it.
Turners should have them. I know the Chino Hills store does.

Gnote
11-13-2006, 7:24 PM
You can also try these guys:
http://pacificsportingarms.com/

They are pretty knowledgeable. Also There's a place in West Covina called The Ivory Bead. You'll need to look them up. They advertise at Triple Bs.

Both places will help you fit your gun.

somekevinguy
11-13-2006, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the replies. I called the Turners closest to me in Redondo Beach and they said they didn't have any 391's. Which sucks because they have a 10% off sale right now assuming their prices aren't jacked up 10% in the first place. I was looking for the 391 Urika sporting model. I am not even sure what the difference between the sporting model and the field model is. They have both a sporting and field model that you can get in 12 gauge with a 28" barrel. I found one place in Westminster that said they had the 391 Teknys Gold field model. I don't know if I heard him right but he was kind of computing the price under his breath on the phone and I could have sworn he added 10% over retail. I was like yeah right. I hate to have to drive that far but if thats what it takes to get some good advice and actually have the gun in stock, I guess that is what I have to do.

maxicon
11-14-2006, 9:56 AM
I'd check on www.gunsamerica.com to get a feel for what people are selling them for. Looks like the base Urika goes for around $850-950. Throw in $20 or so shipping, and it gives you a good idea of what to pay in your area.

Here's a slightly used one in Orange County for $675:
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976706608.htm

max

somekevinguy
11-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Yeah I have looked around at some internet pricing to get a feel for what a good price is.

bwiese
11-14-2006, 1:09 PM
I picked up a new-in-box synthetic Beretta AL390 in April for around $579 (IIRC, it was under $600) from Tabor's.

They may have one or two left.

Can't wait to take it out... balances nicely.

somekevinguy
11-14-2006, 3:33 PM
Well I just got back from doing the paperwork on a 391 Urika Sporting Optima 28" 12 gauge at Pacific Sporting Arms. It lists for $1250. I paid $1098. It wasn't the deal of the century. I saw them on the internet for about $930 but the service was really good and they fit the gun to me and gave me a lot of info since this is my first shotgun. The owner is one of the top skeet shooters in the world from what one of the other guys in the store was telling me. Now I just have to figure out how and where to shoot this thing. I hope I don't make a fool of my self the first time out.