PDA

View Full Version : LMT Complete lower upgrade

FCOD
04-12-2011, 12:50 PM
My rifle started off as a DTI heavy barrel 16" carbine. After holding an LMT Patrol 16 I really fell in love with LMT's fit and finish and quickly bough an LMT 16" M4 upper and BGC. I like it so much that I thought to myself "why stop there?" I called my local dealer and they said they can order me a complete LMT lower with LE markings for $349.50 which is a good price from what I've seen online. I am planning on going down to order it today after work, but am curious if it's worth it. I have spent $350 on much worse things before, so I'm not too skeptical, but the fit between my DTI lower and the LMT upper is very good as it is. I would basically be upgrading just so that I have a complete LMT rifle. For what it's worth, my DTI lower already has an LMT stock and ergo pistol grip.

I am sure that LMT quality is better than DTI but would it be worth it to upgrade?

Quickdraw Mcgraw
04-12-2011, 1:05 PM
Ummm....yes! LMTs are awsome guns you won't be dissapointed! Might as well have one bench gun an one patrol carbine! Jus put a scope on your heavy barell an a red dot on the lmt an you have totally diffrent applications!

FCOD
04-12-2011, 1:35 PM
Thanks for the opinion. Already sol the HBAR upper, but I'm pretty set on th LMT lower.

spdrcr
04-12-2011, 1:46 PM
I would do it, but I have a complete LMT carbine so I'm probably a little biased.

shiv
04-12-2011, 2:57 PM
That's a good price. And the LE markings are just plain cool.
Go for it. LMT FTW!

X-NewYawker
04-12-2011, 3:05 PM
Uppers --
Lowers --
Love my LMTs however I can get them!
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/Rifles/_MG_4567.jpg

Congrats!

evidens83
04-12-2011, 3:10 PM
Do it!

Droppin Deuces
04-12-2011, 3:11 PM
Worth it just for the stock assembly and grip alone. There, I said it again.

locosway
04-12-2011, 3:14 PM
My rifle started off as a DTI heavy barrel 16" carbine. After holding an LMT Patrol 16 I really fell in love with LMT's fit and finish and quickly bough an LMT 16" M4 upper and BGC. I like it so much that I thought to myself "why stop there?" I called my local dealer and they said they can order me a complete LMT lower with LE markings for $349.50 which is a good price from what I've seen online. I am planning on going down to order it today after work, but am curious if it's worth it. I have spent $350 on much worse things before, so I'm not too skeptical, but the fit between my DTI lower and the LMT upper is very good as it is. I would basically be upgrading just so that I have a complete LMT rifle. For what it's worth, my DTI lower already has an LMT stock and ergo pistol grip.

I am sure that LMT quality is better than DTI but would it be worth it to upgrade?

I have the $350 LMT lower, and personally I'd rather spend the few extra bucks and get the LMT lower with the SOPMOD stock.

Is it worth it? To me it is... I really like having a rifle that says LMT on the lower and upper. I'm sure other rifles would work just as well, but with my LMT I know it's going to work every time. There's only a couple other brands I'd consider going to other than LMT, and only if LMT wasn't an option.

FCOD
04-12-2011, 4:19 PM
That picture warms my southern region. I'm going to do it. I'm convinced.

FCOD
04-12-2011, 6:33 PM
Well... went straight there after work and ordered up the complete lower as well as started my 10 day wait. Ended up paying $404.xx out the door after tax and everything and I don't regret a single thing about it. I am more than thrilled to be an LMT rifle owner instead of being a LMT upper owner.

I am stoked and I'm sure it won't be my last time buying products from Mr. Lewis.

I have heard nothing, but great things about LMT and am glad to be a part of the club...

...now I wait >:]

colorwolf
04-12-2011, 7:43 PM
Which LMT upper is the one on top in that picture?

Uppers --
Lowers --
Love my LMTs however I can get them!
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/Rifles/_MG_4567.jpg

Congrats!

themailman
04-12-2011, 7:46 PM
Which LMT upper is the one on top in that picture?

MRP CQB

My MRP Build in progress, DROSing an LMT Lower w/sopmod and 2 stage on saturday at turners:
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f198/glockfire/Guns%20and%20Gear/DSC01476.jpg

FCOD
04-13-2011, 3:33 PM
I went with the standard trigger but the 2 stage LMT triggers are sweet!