PDA

View Full Version : Saiga ak47

gun505
04-12-2011, 9:48 AM
thinking about picking one of these up.But not sure what mags are compatible for it. also will a Kyndex slip on grip work on it legal wise..

M.C.
04-12-2011, 9:59 AM
Great gun. Standard AK mags won't work though. Need a bullet guide. Kydex wrap should be fine... it doesn't classify as a pistol grip. Just don't add any other "evil" features.

SJgunguy24
04-12-2011, 10:07 AM
thinking about picking one of these up.But not sure what mags are compatible for it. also will a Kyndex slip on grip work on it legal wise..

As imported, no mag lock needed no kydex fin needed and AK47 mags will not work.
Converting a Saiga is a whole different animal but isn't impossible with simple hand tools and a drill.

axhoaxho
04-12-2011, 2:21 PM
Very good, Russian made, and offers nice value for the money.

You can keep it in its original 'non-evil' form, and use factory or SGM magazines. Atlantic Firearms has Saiga factory 10-rounds magazine for sale, stock up while they are in stock. The SGM 7.62 magazines for Saiga work too, and it has a last-round-bolt-hold-open feature which is a love or hate for different folks.

Or you can convert your Saiga to use regular AK magazines, look up the web and there are many instructions & kits available. Just remember to follow the guidelines to change the number of import parts, so your gun will remain 922r friendly.

Enjoy your Saiga.

Regards,

tujungatoes
04-12-2011, 2:35 PM
Great guns. Definetly get one.

gun505
04-12-2011, 3:31 PM
Thanks it was the saiga or a waser , I saw an arsenal sgl at t but it runs 799is.not sure if it is worth the extra $$.. still looking it will be my first ak. only thing that has me wondering is well no evil grip on the saiga. feels a little awkward. the arsenal felt better just saw it today but it costs 2x as much as the saiga. is it that much better.maybe that should be another thread. thanks again.

pyro3k2
04-12-2011, 3:55 PM
Thanks it was the saiga or a waser , I saw an arsenal sgl at t but it runs 799is.not sure if it is worth the extra $$.. still looking it will be my first ak. only thing that has me wondering is well no evil grip on the saiga. feels a little awkward. the arsenal felt better just saw it today but it costs 2x as much as the saiga. is it that much better.maybe that should be another thread. thanks again.

both Arsenal and Krebs custom's AK's start out life as a saiga. If you get the saiga and convert it later on you will basically have an high end AK47 and cut the middle man out. If you don't feel you have the time or the "know how" to convert then the Arsenal/kreb's would be more appealing.

gun505
04-13-2011, 7:32 AM
Thanks again,going to go shoot my buddies arsenal this weekend.

Six7onE
04-13-2011, 8:12 AM
I love my Saiga 7.62x39 great deal for what it is and if you do convert it, it will still be cheaper than buying an Arsenal or Krebs.

hefedehefe
04-13-2011, 11:28 PM
So do these saigas iron sights lean to the left? I asked some one about it today at the range and they said they do. They said that was normal because of how the body lines up for the iron sights. I have a .308 and it does look to be that way too. Is this really normal? Or is it a defect?

C.W.M.V.
04-13-2011, 11:50 PM
both Arsenal and Krebs custom's AK's start out life as a saiga. If you get the saiga and convert it later on you will basically have an high end AK47 and cut the middle man out. If you don't feel you have the time or the "know how" to convert then the Arsenal/kreb's would be more appealing.

You know Pyro I'm glad to see you've finally embraced the light side! Seems you've fallen in love with the AK!

So do these saigas iron sights lean to the left? I asked some one about it today at the range and they said they do. They said that was normal because of how the body lines up for the iron sights. I have a .308 and it does look to be that way too. Is this really normal? Or is it a defect?

No. Its fairly common for AK type rifles to have leaning/off center sights (even $800 arsenals which seem inexcusable but eh, oh well). Its not something that takes away from the functionality of the rifle though unless you get a particularly bad case.