View Full Version : Hunting in the Angeles Forest?

11-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Hunting is permitted throughout the Angeles National Forest during hunting seasons designated by the California State Department of Fish and Game. Hunting is prohibited in the San Dimas Experimental Forest.

Hunting is not permitted in those areas where the discharge of firearms is prohibited by County Ordinance, California State law, or Federal regulations, and hunters must follow all laws, including no hunting within 150 yards of a residence, building, campsite, developed recreation site or occupied area. A valid California hunting license is required.

I know the angeles forest is pretty big... they say pigs would eventually move into the forest... that was some time ago.

11-12-2006, 11:09 PM
Asking...hoping...or venting.....:confused:

11-13-2006, 1:02 AM
More like confirmation,
it says it allows it... but not to sure about that area.

11-13-2006, 11:17 PM
Pigs need water. In Angeles NF, that's the San Gabriel rivers- north, east and west fork. With the drought we've had and all the traffic from neighboring foothill 'burbs, if there is a sustainable population, it's prob very few if any at all. It's a dry, arid chaparral, rocky soil, high elevation region. I doubt there will b any up there. There's deer, mountain lions, blk bears, coyotes and foxes there.

11-13-2006, 11:53 PM
angeles national forrest is likely to be highly regulated. you are going to need to do some homework, and check in with the ranger stations/dfg to determine where you can hunt. i kno i heard on the news last night that a hunter got lost in wrightwood, so there must be hunting at least on the eastern side of angeles.

11-17-2006, 2:39 PM
Apparently there is common hunting grounds up there.

big jon
11-17-2006, 3:15 PM
I live just below Wrightwood that lost hunter is in my back yard? I did find quite a few deer and the hills are loaded with predators but it is no easy hunt your either going straight up or straight down and the brush is very thick, I don`t see hogs doing well in the moutians here at all, I have been told from some nighbors that we do have a few hogs gone wild running around the homes but I was walking almost everyday befor I got hurt and I never saw any? No sign of then in any of the springs I`ve found either.
As for the hunter I think the poor guy has probly fallen and stuck in a steep reviene