PDA

View Full Version : Congresswoman Anna Eshoo= HARDCORE ANTI *Read*

Santa Cruz Armory
04-11-2011, 9:49 PM
Well if you ever had any doubt, Anna Eshoo (D- Santa Cruz area) is as anti as they come. She is quickly ranking right up there with DiFi and Barbie B. Didn't these clowns agree to uphold and defend the U.S. Constitution!? :mad:

Feel free to use my letter and flood her inbox.

Here is the exchange:

I sent her this: (Copied and tweaked from the NRA-ILA site)

Congresswoman Eshoo~

Congressmen Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.) and Heath Shuler (D-N.C.) have introduced vital legislation that will enable millions of permit holders to exercise their right to self-defense while traveling outside their home states.

There are now only two states that have no clear legal way for individuals to carry concealed firearms for self-defense. Thirty-nine states have shall-issue permit systems that make it possible for any law-abiding person to obtain a permit, while most of the others have a very difficult and sometimes illegal permit system.

H.R. 822 would make a major step forward for gun owners’ rights by significantly expanding where those permits are recognized.

Dozens of states have passed carry laws over the past 25 years because the right to self-defense does not end when one leaves home. However, interstate recognition of those permits is not uniform and creates great confusion and potential problems for the traveler. While many states have broad reciprocity, others have very restrictive reciprocity laws. Still others deny recognition completely.

H.R. 822 would solve this problem by requiring that lawfully issued carry permits be recognized, while protecting the ability of the various states to determine the areas where carrying is prohibited. The bill would not create a federal licensing system; rather, it would require the states to recognize each others' carry permits, just as they recognize drivers' licenses and carry permits held by armored car guards. Rep. Stearns has introduced similar legislation since 1995.

In the few weeks since its introduction, H.R. 822 has added over 120 cosponsors. However, more support is needed to make this bill a higher priority.

If you are not yet a cosponsor, I respectfully urge you to support the fundamental right to self-defense by becoming a cosponsor of H.R. 822. If you are already a cosponsor, I offer my thanks for your support.

Respectfully,

Robert Dxxxxx

Her reply:

Dear Mr. Dxxxxx,

Thank you for writing to me about gun control.

I think it's important for us to renew efforts to prevent gun-related tragedies from happening again. One important step we can take is establishing new safeguards to stop dangerous individuals from obtaining guns.

The legitimate rights of gun owners and sportsmen must be carefully weighed against the rights of others in society to live in a safe environment. I've consistently voted for measures, including the Brady Bill and the Assault Weapons Ban, to protect the public from crime and safeguard the rights of responsible, law abiding citizens to own firearms. I will continue to support gun control legislation in the 112th Congress.

We also need to improve the system of background checks for gun purchases to ensure that criminals and those who have been barred from owning a gun because of a serious mental illness are not allowed access to these dangerous weapons. A criminal background check is only as good as the records provided to the FBI's national database. Unfortunately, many states have done an inadequate job of automating these records, thus allowing thousands of barred people to acquire guns. In the previous Congress I was proud to cosponsor H.R. 297, the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Improvement Act in the 111th Congress which would have required states to automate relevant criminal and court records and provide information to the FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) on any individual who is barred from having a gun under current law.

We should also reinstate the ban on the most dangerous firearms. The ten year ban on the possession, transfer or domestic manufacture of so-called assault weapons expired in 2004 and it should be reinstated. In the 110th Congress, I cosponsored H.R. 1022, the Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act, which reinstates criminal provisions regarding assault weapons for ten years. The legislation also strengthens the definition of an 'assault weapon' to cover dangerous assault weapons with large capacity ammunition feeding devices that escaped regulation under the original ban.

If you have any other questions or comments, let me hear from you. I value what my constituents say to me because I need your thoughts and benefit from your ideas.

I've created an ongoing e-newsletter to keep constituents informed on a variety of congressional issues and legislation. Many constituents tell me how much they value reading it, and if you would like to as well, you can go to my website at http://eshoo.house.gov and click on "E-Mail Sign-Up." Your email address will never be used by anyone except my office to communicate with you, and your tax dollars will be conserved by using electronic communications rather than traditional mailings.

Sincerely,

Anna G. Eshoo
Member of Congress

Blackhawk556
04-11-2011, 10:03 PM
I guess we can count her out of supporting HR822 =)

Dreaded Claymore
04-11-2011, 10:09 PM
We should also reinstate the ban on the most dangerous firearms. The ten year ban on the possession, transfer or domestic manufacture of so-called assault weapons expired in 2004 and it should be reinstated. In the 110th Congress, I cosponsored H.R. 1022, the Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act, which reinstates criminal provisions regarding assault weapons for ten years. The legislation also strengthens the definition of an 'assault weapon' to cover dangerous assault weapons with large capacity ammunition feeding devices that escaped regulation under the original ban.

LOL, H.R. 10/22 :rofl:

RP1911
04-11-2011, 10:15 PM
heh heh her last name translated into armenian means: belonging to donkey.

Norsemen308
04-11-2011, 10:15 PM
so did i read that right.... we must weigh the rights of the sheople who choose to not defend themselves, against those who do... and because you choose to defend yourself, you are the problem

sfbadger
04-11-2011, 10:22 PM
This broad is definitely part of the problem, .... and I told her so!

Zimz
04-11-2011, 10:32 PM
I cosponsored H.R. 1022, the Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act, which reinstates criminal provisions regarding assault weapons

I'm glad we get to give up our most effective tools for ensuring a government by the people to protect government employees...

N6ATF
04-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Looks like she eschewed any pretense that she was in compliance with her oath to support and defend the constitution, let alone be a law-abiding American citizen.

Spetsnazos
04-12-2011, 12:36 AM
I hate how these bills are called Law Enforcement Protection Act...

She should be fired.

SupportGeek
04-12-2011, 12:38 AM
Dunno that shes "Hardcore" seems to be the standard fluff of the run-of-the-mill anti.

Either way it makes me want to :puke::puke::puke::puke:

oni.dori
04-12-2011, 12:39 AM
It honestly seems to me like it was an auto response that kicked in when a trigger word like "gun" was detected. Although, it does quite clearly paint her out to be very anti. I'm sure she does not really consider the private ownership of firearms to be truly "legal", and when she talks about the "legal" posession of firearms, she is only referring to LEO's and the military.

sfbadger
04-12-2011, 12:50 AM
It honestly seems to me like it was an auto response that kicked in when a trigger word like "gun" was detected. Although, it does quite clearly paint her out to be very anti. I'm sure she does not really consider the private ownership of firearms to be truly "legal", and when she talks about the "legal" posession of firearms, she is only referring to LEO's and the military.

She believes what the Democratic Party tells her to believe!

N6ATF
04-12-2011, 12:53 AM
"Just following orders" didn't work for another Party...

sfbadger
04-12-2011, 12:58 AM
"Just following orders" didn't work for another Party...

LOL! True, but I don't see Nuremberg on the horizon anytime in the near future!

Falconis
04-12-2011, 1:54 AM
Did you thank her for the slap in the face that was that letter ... sheesh. That's about as backhanded as they come.

oni.dori
04-12-2011, 2:12 AM
She believes what the Democratic Party tells her to believe!

I do agree with that, but what I was saying was that the reply was an autoresponse. She didn't actually pen/type it. It is pre-fabricated, and is automatically sent as a response when they recieve any emails with trigger words like "gun", "firearm", or "assault weapon" in it. I'm sure dozens (if not hundreds) of people got the same exact response email.

Paladin
04-12-2011, 7:15 AM
Just another reason to support the NRA, the NRA-ILA, and the NRA-PVF!

Even if your district (and the PRK), continue to election such traitors, the NRA will use your funds to ensure that good people in other districts/states are elected to stop your own Rep/Senator from getting their way and taking away your guns and RKBA.

sfbadger
04-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Did you thank her for the slap in the face that was that letter ... sheesh. That's about as backhanded as they come.

Actually, I re-sent the letter with my signature attached, (we had permission for that, right?), and I prefaced it asking her to please take the time to READ my letter before sending a 'form' response. I said a few other things too! :43:

JPShinn
04-12-2011, 11:12 AM
She is my Congressperson and she is a complete tool of the Left. She does exactly what Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama want her to do. Useless.

dark_ninja
04-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Bunch of mindless zombies.:nuts:

Senator Boxer's reply emails are pretty much the same!

berto
04-12-2011, 2:30 PM
The legislative assistant reading the email/letter sent an auto response crafted by her boss and approved, likely in generqal terms, by the congress critter herself. Eshoo is pretty far left and marches in lockstep with the rest of the lefties in the Bay Area delegation. She doesn't get it and she never will.

Cowboy T
04-12-2011, 2:43 PM
And I'll bet she'll be one of the first in line to get a CHP "in light of the Gabrielle Giffords shooting".

To those of you in her district: please vote her out and don't vote in any more of either the Democrats or the Republicans! *We* need to send *them* a message.

Glock22Fan
04-12-2011, 3:51 PM
I value what my constituents say to me because I need your thoughts and benefit from your ideas.

She didn't even read your letter, and this shows how much she values your opinion - not one tiny bit.

N6ATF
04-12-2011, 3:56 PM
Her constituents are members of the International Criminals Union. Not law-abiding citizens.

Quser.619
04-12-2011, 5:37 PM
An anti-gun person representing Santa Cruz... You don't say :cool: