PDA

View Full Version : Palmetto State Armory AR-15 Complete Upper?

MRpink
04-11-2011, 4:01 PM
Helping a friend build an AR-15.

Anybody have experience with this PSA complete upper?
http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/2065.php

Seems like it'll work for money. He'll mostly be plinking at the range.

Thanks!

MRpink
04-11-2011, 4:56 PM
I was thinking that a lot of these entry level uppers are very similar and he won't see much of a performance difference for a causal shooter.

d sauce
04-11-2011, 7:15 PM
I don't have any experience with them, however it looks pretty decent. Especially for what he is gonna use it for. Also if he has any problems I heard good things about PSA customer service. Let me know if he gets it and how it shoots. I have been searching for an upper for quite some time now.

hotfire
04-12-2011, 4:23 PM
Any one with some input?

Don29palms
04-12-2011, 5:36 PM
To hell with PSA. Buy from another company that's not going to turn on California.

ArkinDomino
04-12-2011, 6:36 PM
To hell with PSA. Buy from another company that's not going to turn on California.

They turned on CA?

triggs75
04-12-2011, 7:56 PM
He might be talking about the internet ammo sales and PSA was going to stop sending all ammo to cali.

Chad

Don29palms
04-13-2011, 6:20 AM
He might be talking about the internet ammo sales and PSA was going to stop sending all ammo to cali.

Chad

They did stop sending all ammo AND reloading supplies to California. Reloading supplies weren't even part of it.

Airrixd
04-13-2011, 6:43 AM
When did they stop sending ammo? I just order a case of PMC bronze about two months ago. If this is true, I'll stop supporting them. Otherwise, they are a decent business.

Don29palms
04-13-2011, 6:48 AM
When did they stop sending ammo? I just order a case of PMC bronze about two months ago. If this is true, I'll stop supporting them. Otherwise, they are a decent business.

It was at the end of 01/11 just before AB962 was supposed to take effect. Fortunately that law was repealed. Well atleast parts of it.

docsmileyface
04-13-2011, 6:49 AM
When the online ammo ban passed PSA was one of the companies that said they would no longer ship any ammunition to CA, even though the bill only said pistol ammo was barred from online sales - they said it was to cover their *** and if it was proved that rifle ammo was fine to send that they would start shipping rifle ammo back to CA but until then all ammo was to be stopped.

However the ban was reversed before PSA's date when they would stop shipping ammo here. Either way their upper is out of stock, I wanted to pick one up because for the specs it has $400 is a great deal for a complete upper.

762.DEFENSE
04-13-2011, 6:56 AM
Plus PSA still won't ship lowers to CA either lol.

762.DEFENSE
04-13-2011, 7:01 AM
palmettostatearmory.com/firearms-agreement2.php?itemnum=1560&genc=8

No matter how much information you provide they wont even ship an OLL to CA. Good luck with PSA. Make sure your buddy also picks up all his acessories from Cheaper Than Dirt while he's at it lol.

rodeoflyer
05-30-2011, 9:54 PM
Update in case anyone does a search and finds this thread.

PSA now ships lowers to CA. I know because I just dros'd mine. :p

r6raff
05-30-2011, 11:15 PM
PSA is good to go, I don't blame them when they decided to stop shipping all ammo to CA back before ab962 was repealed. I talked with the owner for about 15minutes about it back in October before they had an official stance, he said it wasn't going to be up to him, his lawyers would look over the law and make a recommendation and that he would follow their advice. From a business stand point I don't blame him, I wouldn't want to risk my business either. Don't blame him, blame CA for being a pain in the ***.

PSA has been nothing but good to me and all others I know who have used them. Yes, they may not play all the BS games Ca makes them play, but they are good folk. Lots of other places were going to do the same thing they were, again, its not a matter of a "hey screw california's", its a "**** those stupid *** laws, you want me to do what for every sale... " It was the potential for misinterpretation in ab962 that caused that... hence the reason it was repealed, thank god for lazy law makers I guess lol