PDA

View Full Version : MOA scope

Mr_Monkeywrench
04-11-2011, 1:57 PM
Well, I've been having a great time with my AR. I have been able to shoot consistent 2" groups at 200 yards with iron sights. I would like to reac out a little further and push myself. I was thinking about a rem 700 sps varmint .308. The question is, can anyone point me in the direction of a decent MOA scope. I understand how MOA works and I know the inch system. I figured since I suck so bad at math, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and the like would work out best. I would prefer one with MOA adjustment as well. My budget is around $600. Thanks in advance.
P.S. I am new to longdistance shooting and long distance scopes

NapaCountyShooter
04-11-2011, 4:19 PM
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2489860&gonew=1#UNREAD
Unfortunately, MOA/MOA is not as popular as Mil/Mil these days, so cheaper scopes in this configuration are harder to find.

d4v0s
04-11-2011, 4:39 PM
I was recently turned on to the Leupold custom shop, you can drop a custom reticle into most of their scopes, and even put a BDC in it, tell them your rifle and the ammo youll be using and you have a custom tailored scope to your rifle setup.

I am about to order a shotgun scope 1-4x with a BDC out to 500 yards, using surplus 62 grain penetrators. (my fav ammo to shoot) and it will sit on top of my 20" Ar, I would guess that the custom shop could put a moa reticle in too.

Mr_Monkeywrench
04-11-2011, 5:07 PM
I read that thread. Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, you're right. Not much under 1000. I had a question, what do you guys think about duplex reticles? Ive fired rifles using them and I like how precise they are, but I was wondering how practical they are if you don't know the distances you're shooting at?
Thanks again,
New long distance shooter.:D

CSTactical
04-11-2011, 8:22 PM
The only thing that comes to mind it the Vortex PST. The Vortex PST is a great scope for the price.

Mike @ CST

Mr_Monkeywrench
04-11-2011, 11:29 PM
The only thing that comes to mind it the Vortex PST. The Vortex PST is a great scope for the price.

Mike @ CST

That looks like what I would seriously consider. Have you personally used these scopes? Do you have any in stock?

Mr_Monkeywrench
04-13-2011, 6:38 AM
Just put in an order with you guys at cs tactical. Spoke to Mason. Thanks alot for the recommendations.

MONGO3006
04-13-2011, 9:09 AM
You can check out wotac (I think I spelled it right) price isnt that bad either
http://www.sightwonders.com/wotac.html