PDA

View Full Version : Going to Vegas this weekend and want to take some guns to shoot...

WiKDMoNKY
04-11-2011, 2:15 PM
I am going to Vegas this weekend to stay at a friend of a friend's home and they said to bring some guns to shoot at a range out there.

I was wondering if there is anything I should be concerned about or do ahead of time in order to bring my DDM4, Saiga-AK, Glock and lots of ammo. Both rifles are 100% California legal. I know I don't need the BB's (but will probably leave them on anyways), but what should I know about magazine capacities? Also transporting them. I will have them in the trunk of my car in gun bags with gun locks on them and the ammo in ammo cans.

Thanks in advance for any input or guidance!!!

Dynamic
04-11-2011, 2:18 PM
Have them CA legal while in CA as soon as you hit your destination make them American Legal. No assault weapon bans in NV assemble your rebuild kits or buy them at the gun shops there, shoot have fun. When you are packing to go home disassemble all the rebuild kits your brought over or bought there and make the rifle CA legal again and you should be good.

WiKDMoNKY
04-11-2011, 2:25 PM
This is what I was thinking, but I did not want to do anything illegal and lose my right to be armed...

Any specific gun shops I should visit while I am there?

Thanks for the input!

Have them CA legal while in CA as soon as you hit your destination make them American Legal. No assault weapon bans in NV assemble your rebuild kits or buy them at the gun shops there, shoot have fun. When you are packing to go home disassemble all the rebuild kits your brought over or bought there and make the rifle CA legal again and you should be good.

WiKDMoNKY
04-11-2011, 5:42 PM
Another question...

Is there any BLM land to shoot on close to the the 15/160 interchange? I called the Las Vegas Gun Range (which is near where I will be staying) and they said I could go 1000 feet off of mile marker 21, but I am not sure where it is. I think it might be near Sloan?

Thanks in advance!!!

VegasND
04-11-2011, 8:26 PM
Sloan:
http://www.vegasshooters.com/forum/showthread.php?6-Directions-to-where-we-go-shooting
Another question...

Is there any BLM land to shoot on close to the the 15/160 interchange? I called the Las Vegas Gun Range (which is near where I will be staying) and they said I could go 1000 feet off of mile marker 21, but I am not sure where it is. I think it might be near Sloan?

Thanks in advance!!!

motorwerks
04-11-2011, 10:33 PM

go here.

http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com/

djeddiebear
04-11-2011, 11:09 PM
This is what I was thinking, but I did not want to do anything illegal and lose my right to be armed...

Thanks for the input!

New Frontier Armory (.com) Their website doesn't do them justice. Nice shop, I spent about $500 the last 2 weekends (in a row). Oh yeah, if you pay with a credit/debit card, they charge 3% more because they are charged 6%. Try and pay in cash if you can. I took my AR (with Raddlock), glock, and wanted to try out my 870 magnum.

In Sloan I shot at mile marker 15 and 12 parallel to the 15 freeway. I also drove north to the next county off the 93 (not too far from the 15). It was nice and empty and I was blowing up tannerite(.com) all day.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

04sshd
04-11-2011, 11:43 PM

Thanks for the input!

Check out Lock & Load in Henderson. It's 215 and Eastern. They're the Retail side of Henderson Defense and have all sorts of cool toys. Great guys to work with as well

Average Joe American
04-12-2011, 12:48 AM
I am going to Vegas this weekend to stay at a friend of a friend's home and they said to bring some guns to shoot at a range out there.

I was wondering if there is anything I should be concerned about or do ahead of time in order to bring my DDM4, Saiga-AK, Glock and lots of ammo. Both rifles are 100% California legal. I know I don't need the BB's (but will probably leave them on anyways), but what should I know about magazine capacities? Also transporting them. I will have them in the trunk of my car in gun bags with gun locks on them and the ammo in ammo cans.

Thanks in advance for any input or guidance!!!

I live in Vegas. As a matter of fact we are going shooting this weekend. Since I live out in the NW area we all go to "the washouts" which is up the 95 past the Indian res at mile marker 103. About 500 yards off the road with 20 ft burms for personal peace of mind and max safety.

As already mentioned once you cross the state line you can have all the evil AWB stuff you like. Just dont have anything loaded in your vehicle. (You already said how you are transporting so no issue there)

Technically in Clark Co. you can open carry so everybody who shoots in the desert OC's. (full mag with a round in the chamber!!!)

Gun stores? Lock & Load has great inventory for a small shop. They were the only guys with the new EoTech EXPS2 in stock. There off Eastern/215 in the south.

I bought alot of guns from Discount Firearms on highland drive (where all the strip clubs are near the strip) They have a big store with lots of selection. Cool indoor range too. Plus they have new owners and they are pushing "full auto" shooting just like the Gun Store.

My all time favorite place is actual Bargain Pawn on LV blvd/Lake Mead. They have grown into a HUGE shop with tons of used guns and used bargain bins which I like to snoop around in. They always have weird and interesting trade ins. I bought many guns from them.

Frontier Armory out north off of Centennial blvd near 4th st. has also grown twice its size and they have lots to choose from. Absolutely great customer service there too. I bought my Stag M8 from them at below average retail price.

Oh yeah there is a gun show this weekend too over at the Sport Center off of Sunset south of the airport. I plan on going myself since I have never been to that one? Vegas gun shows should be a little better than Ca. ones? But dont quote me. I rarely go to them in general.

Have fun!!! In a free state!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Neil McCauley
04-12-2011, 9:31 AM
heh heh Gotta do this one of these days.

WiKDMoNKY
04-13-2011, 7:18 AM
Guys, I have been to Vegas many times, but I am unfamiliar with the mile markers and the Sloan area. Would it be too much trouble to have someone go onto http://maps.google.com and link me to the BLM areas that are OK to shoot at? I spoke to a friend that is a shooter and lives in Vegas and he said he wouldn't dare shoot in Clark County and that he goes somewhere else (which I cannot remember where it was but it was too far away for me).

After talking to my friend, I was just going to not bring my rifles, until I saw there replies on here.

Thanks in advance!!!

New Frontier Armory (.com)

In Sloan I shot at mile marker 15 and 12 parallel to the 15 freeway. I also drove north to the next county off the 93 (not too far from the 15). It was nice and empty and I was blowing up tannerite(.com) all day.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

I live in Vegas. As a matter of fact we are going shooting this weekend. Since I live out in the NW area we all go to "the washouts" which is up the 95 past the Indian res at mile marker 103. About 500 yards off the road with 20 ft burms for personal peace of mind and max safety.

As already mentioned once you cross the state line you can have all the evil AWB stuff you like. Just dont have anything loaded in your vehicle. (You already said how you are transporting so no issue there)

Technically in Clark Co. you can open carry so everybody who shoots in the desert OC's. (full mag with a round in the chamber!!!)

WiKDMoNKY
04-13-2011, 7:44 AM
Actually, this is exactly what I wanted!!! It even has a Google Earth location and its only 37 minutes from where I am staying.

You guys rock!!!

But, I am open to other places too...

Sloan:
http://www.vegasshooters.com/forum/showthread.php?6-Directions-to-where-we-go-shooting

Average Joe American
04-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Guys, I have been to Vegas many times, but I am unfamiliar with the mile markers and the Sloan area.

The mile markers are simple. Just look on the side of the highway as you are driving and you will periodically see small sign with black numbers. They start as soon as you pass the state line. They tell you how many lines you are from the state line. Highway patrol uses them to inform dispatch their general location when calling out stops or working accidents and such since there is nothing to reference in the open desert as far as cross streets or buildings.

RealBarber
04-15-2011, 10:09 AM
hell yeah

ill be at the Luxor this weekend

E30_autox
04-15-2011, 1:39 PM
Seems like everyone is going to vegas haha. Im going to be staying on the 18th to 20. Gonna check out american shooters and rent/shoot there. But if anyone would like to meet up and let me shoot their ak or ar I'll gladly pay for ammo and maybe a beer afterwards. no homo

motorwerks
04-15-2011, 2:41 PM
I miss Vegas

jinggoyd1967
04-15-2011, 4:10 PM
I'll be spending a few days in Vegas on the last week of April. I'll be taking the class for a non-resident CCW. Sad that we have to leave home to be free.

gun toting monkeyboy
04-15-2011, 4:18 PM
go here.

Survey says: X

I was out there earlier this week, They want $50 to shoot 25 rounds through an old, range queen M16. Any place that wants to rape me that bad without buying me dinner ain't gonna get my vote for places to recommend. I called a bunch of other stores, and the prices were a fraction of what the were at The Gun Store. :mad: Avoid these idiots.

G1500
04-15-2011, 4:35 PM
Survey says: X

I was out there earlier this week, They want $50 to shoot 25 rounds through an old, range queen M16. Any place that wants to rape me that bad without buying me dinner ain't gonna get my vote for places to recommend. I called a bunch of other stores, and the prices were a fraction of what the were at The Gun Store. :mad: Avoid these idiots.

They look like a huge ripoff for people who are passing through. I bet almost no one from NV ever goes there.

VegasND
04-15-2011, 7:52 PM
They look like a huge ripoff for people who are passing through. I bet almost no one from NV ever goes there.
I took my CCW class there -- they offer them all week long and theirs fit my schedule. While I rarely visit there, I bought a Colt 1903 .32 auto there at a good price; it's the only gun I've ever bought there. I've never rented any guns for myself -- I did rent my son a FS2000 because he was thinking about buying one. He decided it wasn't worth what it cost.

You must be careful there -- most prices are high. An occasional deal does show up though. The most annoying thing about the place is the constant litany of "Are you a Nevada resident?"

motorwerks
04-16-2011, 12:49 AM

I did when I lived there.... before they were on TV a few times and their prices went ape ****. The best prices are in the group thingys where you get to shoot a bunch of different guns.

luckystrike
04-16-2011, 12:52 AM
go here.

never, ever ever ever ever ever ever go to "the gun store"

they often ask for your ID when buying mags and if your from ca they will refuse to sell them to you. so prettymuch they enforce ca at the gunstore

motorwerks
04-16-2011, 1:10 AM
never, ever ever ever ever ever ever go to "the gun store"

they often ask for your ID when buying mags and if your from ca they will refuse to sell them to you. so prettymuch they enforce ca at the gunstore

Mehhh I buy "rebuild kits" and such around the corner from my house in Roseville so I don't buy anything from them anyway.