PDA

View Full Version : DAG 7.62x51 NATO ammunition

M.C.
04-11-2011, 1:53 PM
Anyone have any experience with this stuff? Had good reviews, but wanted to get a second opinion from y'all.

MrPlink
04-11-2011, 2:29 PM
Good for the money. Ive done close to two moa with my scar but there tends to be flyers. Goes bang every time though

M.C.
04-11-2011, 2:37 PM
Good to know... just ordered 200 rounds of the stuff :D

The Director
04-11-2011, 2:38 PM
Really good.

Spetsnazos
04-11-2011, 2:38 PM
Anyone have any experience with this stuff? Had good reviews, but wanted to get a second opinion from y'all.

I've shot about 600 rounds of this stuff and it shoots VERY well.

Some of the casings look strange but never a misfire, misload or anything!

Great stuff, use it all the time. I bought another 1,000 rounds of it thats how happy I am with this stuff.

Turners was selling it at $16/20 I lol'd.

Spetsnazos
04-11-2011, 2:39 PM
Good for the money. Ive done close to two moa with my scar but there tends to be flyers. Goes bang every time though

I get about <1 MOA, and I attribute most of it to my shooting.

Only thing that sucks is its Berdan primed so pretty much forget about reloading.

MrPlink
04-11-2011, 3:04 PM
^ out of what rifle?
Scar isn't a precision rifle. I'm a crap shot, so I'm happy

Spetsnazos
04-11-2011, 3:25 PM
^ out of what rifle?
Scar isn't a precision rifle. I'm a crap shot, so I'm happy

Out of my Remington 700. I was just saying that the stuff is pretty good :)

I always have a feeling that ammo is going to be gone soon and I wont buy more...I get a strong urge to buy more lol.

Blockwater
04-11-2011, 4:28 PM
I broke in my REPR with it, great stuff. Honestly I like the South African stuff better but its mil-serp and it works.

Like someone already said you can’t really re-load but you can take that brass to the recycling plant for some $$$. Or melt it down and make a Pimp Cup.

Almost bought some of that MFS stuff today, glad I passed and got the DAG.

THT
04-11-2011, 4:55 PM
My MWS loves the stuff.

FeuerFrei
04-11-2011, 5:42 PM
My PTR 91 and all of my other 308's love this stuff.
M1A and PTR shoot the best with it though.
Always goes bang and is only a little more costly than Wolf for plinking purposes...and I like the battle packs.

thrillhouse700
04-11-2011, 7:58 PM
is it magnetic?

DisgruntledReaper
04-11-2011, 8:27 PM
is it magnetic?

VERY! The rounds look like Silver Bullets for use on werewolves or vampires....cupro nickel or pure nickel jacket...I have some BP's in the sealed plastic holders for my BOB,GMHB,Oh SHTF kit in the vehicle-s ..

If anyone does not want theirs let me know...otherwise I usually get for like $85/200 rd BP..

The South African Milsurp is a fairly low load and is pretty dirty in my experience......the RadWay Green Brit milsurp is I believe magnetic but is actually a great load,seems warmer than a lot out there --and it beat the crap out of my friends steel plate target,not so 'armor plate' after all:eek::D:43:

M.C.
04-15-2011, 9:07 AM
Got the delivery yesterday. Do I need to be concerned about the green oxidation on the brass?

Spetsnazos
04-15-2011, 9:11 AM
Got the delivery yesterday. Do I need to be concerned about the green oxidation on the brass?

just clean your rifle afterwords, I haven't seen any ill effects from it.

LOL @ the Silver Bullet for Vampires/Warewolves, thats what I thought first when I got it!

Planning on shooting some this weekend at Angeles....

M.C.
04-15-2011, 9:25 AM

LOL @ the Silver Bullet for Vampires/Warewolves, thats what I thought first when I got it!

Cool beans... I clean my gun religiously, my hands perpetually smell like lube.

Thanks...

eric90503
04-15-2011, 10:00 AM
I've shot IMI, Portuguese, SA, Radway Green, and DAG.

My FAL likes DAG the best!

thrillhouse700
04-15-2011, 1:08 PM

you can shoot magnetic at Angeles? How bout lytle creek?

Spetsnazos
04-15-2011, 1:12 PM
you can shoot magnetic at Angeles? How bout lytle creek?

Oh no I meant I was going to be shooting my non magnetic stuff at Angeles. I shoot the DAG stuff with friends at private ranges.

The DAG bullet attracts the magnet but the casing is brass.