PDA

View Full Version : ATF's Gillett is talking

vantec08
04-11-2011, 5:35 AM
http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/could-gillette-cooperation-with-grassley-probe-bring-down-atf-hierarchy

this could get very interesting

yellowfin
04-11-2011, 6:05 AM
They need to allocate a lot more manpower to processing Form 4's if they've got time to do stupid stuff.

Patrick-2
04-11-2011, 6:45 AM
They need to allocate a lot more manpower to processing Form 4's if they've got time to do stupid stuff.

Yes! I have a few in lockdown right now. They need about 50 more examiners (only 12 right now).

If Gillette is talking, I wonder what he'll say. He was probably privvy to all of it, including any philosophical merits they came up with. I don't believe one bit that they never considered the publicized increase in gun violence across the border. Nothing happens in a vacuum. Hell, they threw the cooperating guns hops under the bus for selling guns to straw buyers...that the ATF asked them to sell! That does not sound like they were avoiding the topic.

Will Gillette paint a picture where the ATF management and DoJ knew these guns would make for a spike in guns across the border? Increased publicity for the cause? A greater likelihood they would be able to use those effects to change gun laws? Did they plan on these guns being part of the reason to force reporting of long-gun purchases nationwide (they said the SW region, but the rule said nationwide)?

I am not normally a tinfoil-hat guy, but this case appears to be the real deal.

armygunsmith
04-11-2011, 7:10 AM
Only 12 examiners? Wow. No wonder.

NotEnufGarage
04-11-2011, 8:04 AM
When it all comes out, I hope they'll be very public trials of all involved for treason, sedition and individual laws broken under cover of authority. Hanging will be too good for the perpatrators of this scandal.

We all know where the buck stops...

N6ATF
04-11-2011, 1:47 PM
http://cleanupatf.org/forums/index.php?/topic/153-atf-operation-gunrunnerfast-furiousphoenix-division/ via http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com/2011/04/rats-leaving-sinking-ship.html
George Gillett is no Whistleblower.

Whistleblowers are people who know of corruption or criminal acts and for moral and ethical reasons risk their careers and reputations to report that to higher authorities. George Gillett has used his power to destroy Whistleblowers.

John Dodson and Darrin Gil are Whistleblowers. Gillett is what is known in the world of criminal investigations as a snitch. He is a rat who only cooperated and came forward with information after his own *** was on the line. Don't be mistaken, it was for no other reason.

Do not for a single second use the names of Dodson and Gil in the same sentence with Gillett. Gillett does not deserve the respect or honor of trying to do the right thing.

George Gillett is a corrupt, lying, evil hearted government employee who hides behind a badge and a gun and an GS-15 title. If one person out there whether you be in favor of CleanUpATF or against it can dispute that claim then post up your response and I ask the Webmaster to allow it to stand.

Gillett represents everything bad about ATF management and carries himself with the smug arrogence of knowing that he will always land on his feet because he is protected by his bosses. If nothing else, he is smart and knows exactly how to play the system and exactly how long he can ride the train before he has to jump off.

Gillett has been allowed to destroy careers and reputations while Bill Newell and ATF headquarters protects him. He has become known as the most retaliatory supervisor in ATF history and trust me, that takes a voluminous amount of retaliation to carry that title.

vantec08
04-11-2011, 2:47 PM
He is also the kind of two-faced LEO-bureaucrat who wouldnt hesitate to throw the same bosses under the bus if the conditions are right . . . .. for HIM.

LockJaw
04-11-2011, 3:29 PM
Here is a link to another related story posted on fox news.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/11/grassley-questions-atf-blocking-gunrunning-probe/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Interna l+-+Politics+-+Text%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo

"Grassley Questions Whether ATF Tried to Thwart Gunrunning Probe

A top Senate Republican is trying to find out whether the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives intentionally blocked its employees from cooperating with his inquiry into a gunrunning sting which authorities suspect may be connected to the death of a U.S. Border Patrol agent.

Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, ranking Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, sent a letter to the bureau Friday complaining about the contents of an ATF email he obtained. The email, he said, contained guidance regarding his investigation telling employees they "are in no way obligated" to respond to Congress' questions and urging employees to refer congressional staffers to a particular office.

Though it was unclear whether the email was ever sent out, Grassley wrote in the letter to Acting Director Kenneth Melson that the instructions were "of grave concern." He suggested it would be illegal for the main office to prevent other employees from dealing with Congress and expressed concern that ATF was trying to filter information through a liaison. "

Lets hope the main stream media will have the guts to continue to keep this story in the eyes of the public.

Wherryj
04-11-2011, 3:48 PM
He is also the kind of two-faced LEO-bureaucrat who wouldnt hesitate to throw the same bosses under the bus if the conditions are right . . . .. for HIM.

I'm sure that his boss wouldn't hesistate to do the same thing for him either.

vantec08
04-11-2011, 4:04 PM
I'm sure that his boss wouldn't hesistate to do the same thing for him either.

which is why, given the right conditions, this could be quite interesting.

Patrick-2
04-12-2011, 3:47 AM
What's the old line about informants say? Something like, "the second one in the door is the first loser."

Sounds like Gillette wants to join Charlie Sheen: winning!