PDA

View Full Version : Appleseed: Dulzura, CA at SBRGC, April 30-May1, 2011

Francis Marion
04-10-2011, 7:23 PM
The Appleseed Project: South Bay Rod and Gun Club, Dulzura, CA

Rifle shooting and American Revolutionary War history all weekend: a public experiment in the practical application of Liberty.

Honor brave Americans who gave their lives long ago for your Liberty by learning their stories.

If you are a new or long-time rifle shooter, spending a weekend refining fundamentals will improve your shooting. All skill levels are welcome, families especially.

Learn how to:
Shoot from standing, sitting, prone positions.
Use a loop sling.
Adjust sights.
How to mentally, physically fire each shot.

The course of fire is at 25m on scaled targets; this is a challenging and fun course of fire derived from an Army Qualification Test. The fundamentals that bring hits at 25m apply at full distance shooting also.

What to Bring: Rifle of your choice, 250 rounds ammo per person per day, ground mat, water, sunscreen, hat, extra mags/stripper clips, sight adjustment tools, sack lunch.

Lunch while hearing Revolutionary War History! The high price paid to win our Liberty. Bring friends and family.

Rifles: Magazine or tube fed rifles are good choices. Bring extra magazines. Sling equipped rifles are good choices, especially with GI M1 Garand slings. Some Garand slings will be available to purchase at cost, but make sure your rifle has 1 inch wide swivels (not 1” swivels) to fit the Garand sling.

Scopes, optics, iron sights are all OK. 22 rimfires are good choices due to the cheap price of ammunition and 25m distance.

Educate your family: teach them what a weekend looks like-and sounds like- in a free country. Celebrate Liberty at the South Bay Rod and Gun Club in Dulzura.

appleseedinfo.org.

Full info and Sign up here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=17841.0</td><td>

Host range: http://www.sbrgc.org/

1020 Marron Valley Road
Dulzura, CA 91917

pennys dad
04-10-2011, 7:30 PM
Hi Francis
Thank You for posting this, Thank You for reaching into the Calguns community with this.

Have you found the Calguns Chapter that covers your area and posted it there as well?
Chapters: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=183

If so let me know which chapter and post and I will make it stick!

Thank You again and have an excellent evening and day

Jacob

MB3
04-20-2011, 8:26 AM
What are the costs, if any?

V
04-21-2011, 8:30 AM
What are the costs, if any?

Normal Appleseed rates (http://appleseedinfo.org/pricing.html)plus range fee of $5/per person/per day as perEvent Information Page (http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=17841.msg144450#msg144450)

You can download flyers from that page too if you've a mind to do any promotion of the event around your friends/family/coworkers;)

jshoebot
04-24-2011, 3:29 AM
I'll be there! Planning on becoming proficient enough with the techniques so I can go for my orange hat! I made Rifleman at the last Dulzura Appleseed, but I'd like to attend one more before I go for the orange.

Anybody else going?

pennys dad
04-24-2011, 12:08 PM
Where is Dulzura? Nevermind I found it. Dang to bad it is the same weekend of the Night shoot

john.t.singh
04-24-2011, 5:36 PM
Me and a few room mates going. Looks like this event is filling fast.

jshoebot
04-24-2011, 11:26 PM
Me and a few room mates going. Looks like this event is filling fast.

Cool, I'll be seeing you there! I'll have a stainless 10/22 with tech sights, or an AR with foliage green furniture. I'll also have a black SD Chargers hat. See you there!

john.t.singh
04-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Nice, I'm bringing a 10/22. It has a bull barrel so I'm a little worried that it might be too heavy. My roommate has a 10/22 and my buddies are borrowing from the instructors.

pennys dad
04-25-2011, 6:21 PM
Nice, I'm bringing a 10/22. It has a bull barrel so I'm a little worried that it might be too heavy. My roommate has a 10/22 and my buddies are borrowing from the instructors.

you will do fine, I am sure of it.

tuna quesadilla
04-25-2011, 10:16 PM

At the shoot I went to, I shot an AR15 and the guy next to me shot an M1A. In ninety degree heat. :43: It was no big deal. Once your instructors teach you the proper way to hold your rifle, you'll do just fine!

jshoebot
04-28-2011, 4:53 AM
At the shoot I went to, I shot an AR15 and the guy next to me shot an M1A. In ninety degree heat. ? It was no big deal. Once your instructors teach you the proper way to hold your rifle, you'll do just fine!

This man speaks the truth! I used my AR at the last one I went to and I was alright. Just make sure you have a good sling! It's kinda tough to hold your rifle out there in the proper prone position if you don't have a good sling. At the last Dulzura Appleseed, the instructors were loaning out slings to people who needed them. Get ready to learn how to shoot!! :D

john.t.singh
04-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Man... I'm so excited for this weekend! Just went to acs and zeroes my rifle.

Bullwinkle
04-28-2011, 11:27 AM
I was at the Dulzura Appleseed in January. Francis and the gang did an excellent job. You folks will have lots of fun. I'm green with envy! :D

jshoebot
04-29-2011, 2:02 AM
I was at the Dulzura Appleseed in January. Francis and the gang did an excellent job. You folks will have lots of fun. I'm green with envy! :D

I was there too! On Sunday I was on of the guys down at the end of the line with the AR's. I made Rifleman that day :D

Man... I'm so excited for this weekend! Just went to acs and zeroes my rifle.

I was there today too! I went around 3pm. Just had to make sure I didn't over-lube my 10/22's bolt. Gotta make sure it works for this weekend :D

john.t.singh
05-01-2011, 7:55 PM
hey great shoot. Thanks again to Francis and staff for putting up a wonderful event. I learned tons, didn't make rifleman but definitely learned a lot.

Jeff, it was also nice meeting you. Hopefully we can meet up and go shoot. Hit me up later if you want to go pistol or rifle shooting. I can try to score us some lanes.

jshoebot
05-02-2011, 2:39 AM
Jeff, it was also nice meeting you. Hopefully we can meet up and go shoot. Hit me up later if you want to go pistol or rifle shooting. I can try to score us some lanes.

It was nice meeting you too! Hopefully I'll see you at another Appleseed. Only next time, I'll be wearing an orange hat :shifty:

CJ.R6
05-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Awesome event, Francis. Thanks again.

CJ.R6
05-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Oh and congrats on the orange hat, Jeff!

john.t.singh
05-03-2011, 8:07 AM
It was nice meeting you too! Hopefully I'll see you at another Appleseed. Only next time, I'll be wearing an orange hat :shifty:

nice! let me know which one you'll be instructing. I'll make sure to make it! I think my buddy has convinced me to go pure ironsights this time, so we'll see what happens.

Leonidas_AS
05-03-2011, 9:35 AM
Thanks for an awesome Saturday guys, Jeff thanks for stepping up and taking that orange hat.
Joseph

jshoebot
05-04-2011, 12:44 AM
nice! let me know which one you'll be instructing. I'll make sure to make it! I think my buddy has convinced me to go pure ironsights this time, so we'll see what happens.

I'll be at every one that happens in the SD area from now on! I think I'll also be doing the one in Corona coming up on the 21-22nd of this month. Iron sights are where it's at man! If you can shoot Rifleman with irons, you can definitely do it with optics.

Thanks for an awesome Saturday guys, Jeff thanks for stepping up and taking that orange hat.

Thank you, Joseph! It meant a lot to me, you presenting me with the hat and all. Even if it was a little embarassing being called in front of the group unexpectedly! :D

Hopefully I'll be helping make new Riflemen as you helped me to make it!

Next time you see me at an Appleseed, I'll be one of the guys in the orange hats! :D