PDA

View Full Version : 995TS on it's way.

Hallz
04-10-2011, 6:02 PM
After hunting around a bit finally found someone that was able to give me a arrival date for 9mm and a good price in Sacramento.

Should have mine soon, any (positive) tips I should know?

dieselpower
04-10-2011, 6:14 PM
order extra magazines NOW. You will burn 10rds in 25 seconds.... you need about ten magazines @ $17 each... so order them now.

VegasND
04-10-2011, 6:19 PM
I've had several 995s and the one I have now has 6 extra mags. That's plenty. The rifle is fun but not exciting. The ones I've had will eat any ammo.

Enjoy.

morfeeis
04-10-2011, 6:51 PM
Congrats and welcome to the club, i've had my 995ts around a year now and love it. one tip if your range is anything like mine when the range is cold they ask that you lock your bolt open, leave an empty mag in to allow this to be done. Also get ready for the RO to wonder what the hell you have, i had about three give mine a good look over at ASR.

Other then that get it feed it enjoy it...........

Hallz
04-10-2011, 8:51 PM
Congrats and welcome to the club, i've had my 995ts around a year now and love it. one tip if your range is anything like mine when the range is cold they ask that you lock your bolt open, leave an empty mag in to allow this to be done. Also get ready for the RO to wonder what the hell you have, i had about three give mine a good look over at ASR.

Other then that get it feed it enjoy it...........

Ha ha ha,...that's what I was thinking,....I'm sure this will be ok,.....as well as get some funny looks.

pantera52
05-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Any recommendations on where to pick up mags for the 995ts at the best price, specifically a 15 rnd rebuild (if they exist)?
I'm picking mine up on Tuesday.

morfeeis
05-07-2011, 12:09 AM
i've heard nothing but problems when it comes to the 15rd pmags, i've also heard that useing the pmags is the one thing that will cause hipoint not to repair you firearm should something go wrong......

morfeeis
05-07-2011, 12:12 AM
not sure if the 15 rounders are pmags or promags i forget.

VegasND
05-07-2011, 6:23 AM
I've heard nothing but problems with promag 15 rounders until the newest version was released. Most people are saying this version works well. Check out the reviews, in the past they were all negative, now there are some positive ones:
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=699289
All my 995 mags are 10 round factory mags. They work without problems.
i've heard nothing but problems when it comes to the 15rd pmags, i've also heard that useing the pmags is the one thing that will cause hipoint not to repair you firearm should something go wrong......

not sure if the 15 rounders are pmags or promags i forget.