PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this LMT complete lower?

colorwolf
04-10-2011, 4:03 PM
Hi guys, I'm new to the AR scene and want to get some thoughts on the LMT SOPMOD complete lower L7E2 (http://www.lmtstore.com/lower-halves/defender-lower-with-sopmod-stock-and-two-stage-trigger.html) that's on sale on Turners. It is on sale for $500 with installed and 10 round mag, and seem to be a good price after searching through the internet.

So my question is, is it worth the $500 for a AR newbie? I'm looking to build a relatively lightweight AR for range fun and mobility when the the zombies rise.

missiontrails
04-10-2011, 4:11 PM
For what you get with that, that is a good quality and fair priced lower. You may not like the two stage trigger though, and if you don't, it is worth easily $100 after you pull it a few times. My brother just bought the same one from Turners, and I may end up with it.

1859sharps
04-10-2011, 4:19 PM
So my question is, is it worth the $500 for a AR newbie?

When it comes to ARs, there is no "newbie" model or starting place. ie like you buy a 22 single shot for a young kid just starting out. just buy want you think you want and would like.

If the LMT is what you want, and you like the features offered in this model, and the price is fair, buy it and enjoy.

LMT makes good stuff, but if it turns out you don't like what you bought, sell it.

Sacramento Black Rifle
04-10-2011, 4:23 PM
Great product fair price! You will do fine with LMT.

jaustin612
04-10-2011, 4:25 PM
The lmt sopmod stock is by far the best collapsable stock out there too.

evidens83
04-10-2011, 4:36 PM
The LMT Sopmod Defender lower is the tits! Get it! If I could afford one I would.

MrPlink
04-10-2011, 4:50 PM
Not worth it unless you toss a LMT upper on there too :D

missiontrails
04-10-2011, 5:11 PM
The ones at Turners come with the Ergo grip though, not the TD BG-16.... I did notice that they include a QD swivel in the stock though.....

themailman
04-10-2011, 5:21 PM
What turners is it on sale at? Im in Oceanside and looking for LMT lowers, I guess there is a Turners in San Marcos but Ive always been told to steer clear.

missiontrails
04-10-2011, 5:29 PM
What turners is it on sale at? Im in Oceanside and looking for LMT lowers, I guess there is a Turners in San Marcos but Ive always been told to steer clear.

My brother just bought his from Kearny Mesa.... 2 stage/SOPMOD for $499

Ak707
04-10-2011, 6:36 PM
You can build a lower for cheaper than that if you wanted.

Stripped lower $130
RRA lpk $68, w 2 stage trigger $130 from eaglearmory
Complete magpul moe stock kit,moe stock, pistol grip, enhanced trigger guard, forearm, buffer, buffer spring Bla Bla from dsgarms.com $119
Bullet button $20

themailman
04-10-2011, 6:40 PM

Stripped lower $130
Complete magpul moe stock kit,moe stock, pistol grip, enhanced trigger guard, forearm, buffer, buffer spring Bla Bla from dsgarms.com $119
Bullet button $20

Obviously you can build a lower for less than that. if someone asks about buying a corvette, do you tell them that you can buy a kia rio for cheaper?

Op, thats a legit lower. I will be buying one myself here soon.

SAUCE
04-10-2011, 7:01 PM
Just finished my AR on an LMT Deffender lower and it is great. IMO you'll be happy. But if it's your first AR may want to consider building up from a stripped lower. Great learning experience. Just my .02

colorwolf
04-10-2011, 7:10 PM
Sounds like most people are happy with it. I'm gonna go in and take a look at it tomorrow.

Without starting a new thread, is the Stag Arms 2HT upper a good one to go with it? I like forward pistol grip and so am looking for something with the a railed hand guard, and the Stag 2HT seems to be the most economical option out there

missiontrails
04-10-2011, 7:17 PM
You can build a lower cheaper, but NOT with what comes in/on that one. Hell, a COMPLETE SOPMOD kit with buffer tube and stock is $297, LMT 2 -stage trigger $150, LMT lower $150, Ergo grip $25. =$622

cmace22
04-10-2011, 8:44 PM
Thats a good price. Rifle Gear has them for $20 more (when in stock)

I believe a the new SOPMODS have the QD attachment built in now. The older models didnt and you had to add something like the KAC QD attachment.

Like other have said can build something cheaper but it wont be on an LMT lower (dont sell them stripped) with LMT 2-stage and SOPMOD. the stock kit alone runs about 250.

ETA.... Damn mission is right almost 300 now!

locosway
04-10-2011, 10:53 PM
I've built a lower, and I've purchased a LMT lower. There really is a night and day difference between the two. LMT makes a great product, and I was so impressed with their lower that I bought their upper too. I couldn't be more happy with my choice.

tenpercentfirearms
04-11-2011, 6:56 AM

Stripped lower $130
Bullet button $20

That is not the configuration he asked about. The words Magpul MOE should never come across a keyboard when asking about LMT SOPMOD. You get a fail for the day.

$500 is good. Go for it. As has been stated, the SOPMOD is one of the finest buttstocks out there. The Stag 2HT is a real good deal for the money too. However, you really should start saving for a LMT MRP upper!

X-NewYawker
04-11-2011, 7:15 AM
Great deal. I have an extra still in the wrapper LMY M-4 upper. Now I know what to do with it. In fact, the LMT people flew out to CA last month to train Turners' salesmen in the details of their line. They are serious about be CA friendly, now that I introduced them to the concept of the BB...

spdrcr
04-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Great deal on an awesome lower. I've had two with the two-stage triggers and one with the standard trigger. You really can't beat the complete LMT lowers.

crazychinaman
04-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Great deal. I have an extra still in the wrapper LMY M-4 upper. Now I know what to do with it. In fact, the LMT people flew out to CA last month to train Turners' salesmen in the details of their line. They are serious about be CA friendly, now that I introduced them to the concept of the BB...LMT isnt the only company that is rethinking about CA. LWRC,FN Scar series ,SIG 417,416,even POF.

crazychinaman
04-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Hi guys, I'm new to the AR scene and want to get some thoughts on the LMT SOPMOD complete lower L7E2 (http://www.lmtstore.com/lower-halves/defender-lower-with-sopmod-stock-and-two-stage-trigger.html) that's on sale on Turners. It is on sale for $500 with installed and 10 round mag, and seem to be a good price after searching through the internet.

So my question is, is it worth the $500 for a AR newbie? I'm looking to build a relatively lightweight AR for range fun and mobility when the the zombies rise.

LMT makes great stuff.The lowers are really tight fitting,Some other brand uppers might not fit easy.

Jpsfirstresponse
04-11-2011, 2:27 PM
Some one asked " what's the best bible"? The answer was the one you'll read ! Same goes for guns. If anything you can buy another one, never enough guns!!!!

X-NewYawker
04-11-2011, 2:51 PM
LMT isnt the only company that is rethinking about CA. LWRC,FN Scar series ,SIG 417,416,even POF.

Don't forget that Robinson was selling their XCR with BB or MMG before any of these people -- we should THANK them all with our purchases.
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/Rifles/XCR-MS.jpg

And I get to use this picture again:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/Rifles/XCR-n-mom.jpg

Droppin Deuces
04-11-2011, 3:22 PM
The stock and grip alone make LMT worth the extra cost. Someone told me that a while back, and now I tell everyone the same thing. I would ditch the trigger and get a Geissele, though.

StrikeIndustries
04-11-2011, 3:24 PM
My next AR build I was going to use an LMT lower. Great parts.

My colleague has an XCR and it's a sweet rifle. Using an SI grip of course. :)