PDA

View Full Version : rough rider

jimbos44
04-09-2011, 7:53 PM
just pick up my 22mag rough rider today. It says if dropped it could fire on a loaded cylinder. If this is the case, then what's the hammer block safety for ?:confused:

stitchnicklas
04-09-2011, 10:45 PM
if you read the instructions further it recommends you leave 1 cylinder empty for that reason...

BayAreaShooter
04-10-2011, 1:09 AM
Yes the gun will go off if you leave the hammer on a loaded chamber and the safety off and it is dropped. If you leave the hammer on a loaded chamber and the safety on it will most likely not fire when dropped but there is always a chance. Honestly I have never dropped a pistol ever in my life. I'm not saying it does not happen but just be smart and don't go swinging it around your finger or anything like that. They put that warning in your manual for two reasons. #1 it is a possibility of a discharge when dropped. #2 to cover there own butt if someone does drop it and has a discharge. Just be smart and you will be fine. If you really want to be safe just leave that chamber empty. The only problem with that is in your manual it also says do not drop the hammer on a empty cylinder which can void your warranty because it is a rimfire and the firing pin will hit the top of the cylinder causing damage.

jackandblood
04-10-2011, 4:56 AM
the hammer block safety keeps the hammer from touching the firing pin always. its robust, you can fill the cylinder to capacity with the hammer block and not have a discharge when dropped. hammer block is a rather new development pioneered by ruger for their SA wheels. Just dont drop it period for the sake of the finish.

jimbos44
04-10-2011, 8:15 AM
Not too worried about finish. Bought one of the last 22lr/22mag pistols they had for $135 @ buds gun ship. FFL only charges $25 to recieve it. Made it a great deal! But, just because I didn't pay alot doesn't mean I shouldn't take care of it. thanx

jackandblood
04-10-2011, 1:31 PM
which FFL?

jimbos44
04-10-2011, 1:58 PM
woodland ca