PDA

View Full Version : I hate Gun Shows...

dmendoza1779
04-09-2011, 5:31 PM
Because it burns a big hole through my pockets. Every time I go to one, I always tell myself I'll just look around, but I end up buying MORE parts. I was just at the Vallejo Gun Show, and I just spent over $1k just for parts, ammo and future builds alone. Maybe it's not much for some of you guys, but we still have several gun shows coming up here in the bay.

Why oh why is this so addicting?? :cool:

Paul_R
04-09-2011, 5:34 PM
Have you discovered the calguns marketplace? I've spent a fortune there....:D

dmendoza1779
04-09-2011, 5:39 PM
Oh yeah, that's where i found most of my parts for my 1st build. I'm so addicted, I have everything planned out and written down for my next 3 builds. So far I have a 14.5", then next one will be an 18", an AR pistol build, then a .308 build. Don't even get me started with pistols. hahaha! Hope I'll have enough money for retirement when I'm all done with this. :eek:

xInfidel
04-09-2011, 5:41 PM
Hey better guns than drugs.

pyro3k2
04-09-2011, 5:45 PM
I feel so bad every time I go to a guns how, there is just show much cool stuff there. I end up spending hours there just looking at the old school military rifles from ww2. I just feel bad since they are becoming more and more like mall ninja outlet stores.

Seeker
04-09-2011, 5:51 PM
Because it burns a big hole through my pockets. Every time I go to one, I always tell myself I'll just look around, but I end up buying MORE parts. I was just at the Vallejo Gun Show, and I just spent over $1k just for parts, ammo and future builds alone. Maybe it's not much for some of you guys, but we still have several gun shows coming up here in the bay.

If you dont wanna spend too much money only take what you're willing to spend in cash and leave your debit/credit cards at home.;)

Which Way Out
04-09-2011, 5:52 PM
I took about $700 to the last show and only spent $45. My friend however borrowed $400 so his wife wouldn't see it on there credit card. Yes he paid me back along with lunch.

jubjubrsx
04-09-2011, 6:58 PM
i know the feeling i went to the vallejo gunshow as well ended up with a sks and a 22cal (for the g/f) and a few other misc things.....was a good gunshow though

NorCalK9.com
04-09-2011, 7:16 PM
and none of you came by my booth and said whats up lol ii spend way too much lucky i usually get a vendor discount

mike_the_wino
04-09-2011, 7:22 PM
I guess I got off easy. $365 for a Redfield and a scope mount. Forgot the rings though....doh!

spayne59
04-09-2011, 7:31 PM
bought a Russian SKS in superb condition at the Vallejo show today, some 45 long colt ammo and a magazine. Nice show except for the morons who stand in front of stuff chatting on their cell or about nothing with someone. The constant tasers are annoying. Stopped by the Calguns booth, nice folks !

rareair
04-09-2011, 7:36 PM
If you dont wanna spend too much money only take what you're willing to spend in cash and leave your debit/credit cards at home.;)

Its better to have money and not need it, then to need it and not have it ;)

Seeker
04-09-2011, 7:40 PM

Not if your trying to be stingy or save money lol

IntoForever
04-09-2011, 7:45 PM
I got lucky last time I went, only dropped $70 due to someone buying all the ammo in the size/reasonable price I wanted. I heard he also was stopped outside by the FBI and questioned for said ammo purchase.

Stopped by the Calguns booth, nice folks !

Are they there at the Glendale event?

mike_the_wino
04-09-2011, 7:48 PM
Too true. I was this >< close to buying a Russian side folder back in the day and I let my brother talk me out of it. He regrets it to this day...and he was gonna loan me the money to get it.

Sure hope someone gives that SVT a good home. Afraid I would have walked with it if I picked it up.

FullAuto
04-09-2011, 8:11 PM
Hey, your looking at it the wrong way.....You could have easily blown that much on a weekend in vegas with nothing to show for it but empty pockets, mild depression and a horrid hangover. Think of it this way, you are buying things that are tangible, provide constant entertainment, protection and something you can pass down to other loved ones. : )

dmendoza1779
04-09-2011, 8:15 PM
and none of you came by my booth and said whats up lol ii spend way too much lucky i usually get a vendor discount

What's your booth name? I may end up going there tomorrow again since I was looking at the Federal XM193 FMJBT for $295 for 1000 rds. lol! I live like 5mins away from the fairgrounds. :D

ARfiend
04-09-2011, 8:28 PM
I always say I'm just gonna go look too and always spend a good chunk. I consider it investing. Speaking of which, I will be doing some investing next weekend at the Cow Palace.:)

Laura
04-09-2011, 9:00 PM
I sent $400.00 cash for some ammo with a friend who was going. Hard to spend more when you're not there + then I don't have to lug it home! :mnl:

kenko
04-09-2011, 9:18 PM
I went to "just look" and wound up with 2 guns, nearly 1000 rounds of ammo and much lighter pockets.
Stopped by NorCalK9 booth but you guys were busy.
So many good deals. I know they will be better tomorrow, wish I could go for day 2.

KOOLKERRY
04-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Im surprised i havent read about the lack of 7.62x39 ammo. 7 bucks for parking 10 bucks to get in. no AK ammo ????? (priceless)

Well They did have the tins of the 70's & 80's production. But no 97.00 Wolf at all

MrPlink
04-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Have you discovered the calguns marketplace? I've spent a fortune there....:D

far worse than the gun shows!
Its so easy!

Vanilla Gorilla
04-10-2011, 12:10 AM
i told myself i was only going to spend $100 at this show and wound up spending over $250 i know it isn't much compared to the 1k the op spent but still it was over double my budget i set for myself and i was thinking about going back tomorrow to pick up a few other things i wanted maybe i should go to the range tomorrow instead

Neve
04-10-2011, 12:22 AM
I'm guilty also, took out more money then I wanted to spend and ended up spending almost all. But I joined the NRA and donated to CG so I don't feel guilty one bit :D

Vanilla Gorilla
04-10-2011, 12:29 AM
I'm guilty also, took out more money then I wanted to spend and ended up spending almost all. But I joined the NRA and donated to CG so I don't feel guilty one bit :D

i am a NRA life member (best thing i ever bought) but i did donate some to CG but i still haven't told the lil lady that i went over budget maybe that will be my secret lol

Neve
04-10-2011, 1:41 AM
My lips are sealed :)

i am a NRA life member (best thing i ever bought) but i did donate some to CG but i still haven't told the lil lady that i went over budget maybe that will be my secret lol

Tunis
04-10-2011, 5:45 AM
Always support your local gun shows (and vendors ;))! Without your support...they wouldn't be around! Hope to see you Cal-Gunners at the Cow Palace next weekend! :thumbsup:

Steyrlp10
04-10-2011, 6:53 AM
I was just at the Vallejo Gun Show, and I just spent over $1k just for parts, ammo and future builds alone.

Glad you made it -- it's nice to see other Calgunners :)

Steyrlp10
04-10-2011, 6:54 AM
I guess I got off easy. $365 for a Redfield and a scope mount. Forgot the rings though....doh!

Thanks for stopping by the booth! :)

Steyrlp10
04-10-2011, 6:55 AM
i told myself i was only going to spend $100 at this show and wound up spending over $250 i know it isn't much compared to the 1k the op spent but still it was over double my budget i set for myself and i was thinking about going back tomorrow to pick up a few other things i wanted maybe i should go to the range tomorrow instead

That was really smart about your name tag -- really appreciated the assistance with all the people streaming by ;)

Steyrlp10
04-10-2011, 6:57 AM
Always support your local gun shows (and vendors ;))! Without your support...they wouldn't be around! Hope to see you Cal-Gunners at the Cow Palace next weekend! :thumbsup:

Best of luck to you, Tunis! I spoke to Angie of Derringer and Mike (?) of Diablo -- both of them were busy with purchases and transfers. I'm very happy for the vendors and business picking up :)

Naturally, we were steering all the guys who want to build black rilfes your way ;)

Tunis
04-10-2011, 7:17 AM
Best of luck to you, Tunis! I spoke to Angie of Derringer and Mike (?) of Diablo -- both of them were busy with purchases and transfers. I'm very happy for the vendors and business picking up :)

Naturally, we were steering all the guys who want to build black rilfes your way ;)

Thanks Liz!

mike_the_wino
04-10-2011, 6:20 PM
Thanks for stopping by the booth! :)
Thanks for the gun case tags! IM if you come up short on volunteers. I could always leave the boy at home and lend a hand.

707ace
04-10-2011, 8:18 PM
I started using my guns instead of building more its fun try it. Also sold all the stuff that I was not using.

capitol
04-10-2011, 9:06 PM
why would anyone pay for fuel, parking and admission for a "gun show"

especially when the same items are for sale on the internets for less

i think people like to get out of their stinking house, be social, walk around looking at gun stuff thinking their cool hoping they have enough room on the credit card to buy sumtin

thats what i think :D ;)

biloutkast
04-10-2011, 9:17 PM
I was just talking to my friends about this. I always end up spending more than I tell myself I should and I ended up going on both days.

I will 'try' :rolleyes: not to go to Cow Palace next weekend and Antioch show end of the month.

Steyrlp10
04-10-2011, 9:18 PM
Thanks for the gun case tags! IM if you come up short on volunteers. I could always leave the boy at home and lend a hand.

I appreciate it... might need to grab you in June because I have a tournament that weekend. Have to see if I can get a coordinator also, but thanks for adding yourself to the list.

Bplvr will open a new thread in the Community Chapter forum, so please stay tuned :)