PDA

View Full Version : NRA Orange Card Alert, San Jose/Tue Apr 12: CA NRA/CRPA staff discuss legislation etc

bwiese
04-09-2011, 4:51 PM
[Including here due to direct NRA/CRPA activism.]

This is in/targeted for Santa Clara county, but is of import to those in the greater area. (I'd guess there'll be others in other areas of CA.)

For a variety of reasons this is targeted to NRA members only, but I've been told those wanting attend can avail themselves of NRA membership at the door. This meeting is sponsored by NRA Members Council of Santa Clara County (Nick Kirchner and crew).

Discussion will focus on the CA firearms community, current NRA litigation and prospective legislation, along with NRA programs in California. Guest speakers include senior NRA and CRPA staff in California. This is a great chance to interact with some bright people fighting on the front lines in a hostile environment.

This is also a great way to share your ideas & concerns, and hear about the low-down in Sacramento, and find out what you can do to further the RKBA in CA.

THIS IS NOT A FUNDRAISER... nobody's grabbing for your wallet. Some of the people I know attending specifically don't like to do that, and would rather talk about anything else ;) -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where: Roosevelt Community Center, 901 E. Santa Clara St., San Jose, CA

When: 7:00PM Tuesday Apr 12 2011

For more info: please call (951) 683-4672.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luieburger
04-09-2011, 4:56 PM
I'll be there! Is it alright if I wear a suit? :D

bwiese
04-09-2011, 4:57 PM
I'll be there! Is it alright if I wear a suit? :D

Be there any way you (legally) can. This is a private meeting, not a general public thing....

bwiese
04-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Bumpity bump...

pointedstick
04-10-2011, 10:38 AM
I'll be there.

domokun
04-10-2011, 12:20 PM
If anybody is going and can show up early or stay late to help setup/tear down it would be much appreciated by the Santa Clara MC.

erik
04-10-2011, 12:22 PM
This means I have to actually find my membership card, right?

See you all there.

yellowfin
04-10-2011, 8:11 PM
Have everyone read http://fb.me/PYmR5pIx beforehand as a homework assignment.

bwiese
04-10-2011, 8:55 PM
Have everyone read http://fb.me/PYmR5pIx beforehand as a homework assignment.

We have a long way to go down the priority list before we worry about cans.

C&Rtrader
04-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Do you need a current NRA membership to attend? Or is this open to all firearms enthusiasts?

Window_Seat
04-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Even though I'm an Alameda County resident, I'm there (if appropriate)! :thumbsup:

I spoke briefly about HR-822 (Rep. Stearns) at the ALCO NRA Member's Counsel meeting last Tuesday (the 5th), and wonder if I can do the same at this upcoming meeting, or maybe someone else can. This is extremely important to my occupation (The Trucking Industry). I will attempt to get an update on the legislation today by calling Rep. Stearns' office.

Erik.

edsel6502
04-11-2011, 2:31 AM
Bump.

I will be there if I can get out of work.

I will help with the tear down if I make it.

CalBear
04-11-2011, 7:57 AM
I will probably be there. There's at least one choice piece of CA legislation I'd like to bring up.

bwiese
04-12-2011, 3:41 AM
Bumpity bump.

bwiese
04-12-2011, 3:44 AM
Do you need a current NRA membership to attend? Or is this open to all firearms enthusiasts?

There are reasons to restrict to NRA members. However, gracious folks can speedily arrange for your membership - however, THIS IS NOT A FUNDRAISER.

BTW, re: that +1 of your joining - every bit helps. If we could increase the size of the NRA membership to the number of people that claim to be NRA members, we'd double the size of the NRA and get 50X the clout. At 8 million members, the BATF would have field agents come over to restock your CLP and wax your gunsafe.

Paladin
04-12-2011, 6:27 AM
BTW, re: that +1 of your joining - every bit helps. If we could increase the size of the NRA membership to the number of people that claim to be NRA members, we'd double the size of the NRA and get 50X the clout. At 8 million members, the BATF would have field agents come over to restock your CLP and wax your gunsafe.Actually, IIRC, Wayne said in a video they used to have on the NRA's homepage that ~24M people polls that they're current NRA members when in fact only about 4M are -- 6x as many people as are "currently paid" members!

But, lest we let the MSM's portrayal of us get to our heads and we got overly confident, I read that the AARP has 20M paid members. :mad:

Window_Seat
04-12-2011, 7:53 AM
At 8 million members, the BATF would have field agents come over to restock your CLP and wax your gunsafe.

Worthy of a sig line. :D

But, lest we let the MSM's portrayal of us get to our heads and we got overly confident, I read that the AARP has 20M paid members. :mad:

I would like to know what percentage of that member base are NRA members.

Erik.

C&Rtrader
04-12-2011, 3:57 PM
Bummed. I have a work dinner tonight a 7. I was really looking forward to meeting some local members.

unusedusername
04-12-2011, 4:00 PM
I will be there...

Window_Seat
04-12-2011, 6:14 PM
I really wish I could make it, but last minute stuff is preventing me from going. Hopefully there will be more of these in the future, and I'll be making more Alameda County meetings as well. :(

Erik.