PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Police Lieutenants Association supports CCW for citizens.

Snaps
04-09-2011, 8:18 AM
as seen here: http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/04/robert-farago/chicago-cops-come-out-for-concealed-carry/

http://imgur.com/fZckf.jpg

Trying to find another source.

Kid Stanislaus
04-09-2011, 8:43 AM
Now THERE'S a bunch of guys we really like having on our side!

sfpcservice
04-09-2011, 9:34 AM
I think CGF should send them an appreciation letter.

N6ATF
04-09-2011, 11:17 AM
I've heard of police chiefs associations, police (line) officers associations, but it seems weird to cover the ranks between. Are there also police sergeants, captains, commanders, deputy chiefs, assistant deputy superintendents, associations? :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Police_Department#Ranks

Window_Seat
04-09-2011, 11:27 AM
I've heard of police chiefs associations, police (line) officers associations, but it seems weird to cover the ranks between. Are there also police sergeants, captains, commanders, deputy chiefs, assistant deputy superintendents, associations? :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Police_Department#Ranks

And the separate numbers of rank associations could help us immensely, as opposed to one, and there seems to be lots of good news coming out of Illinois. Former king Daley must be twitching and itching in his little chair. :thumbsup:

Erik.

N6ATF
04-09-2011, 12:09 PM
What if they had a "all ranks of officers who don't sit behind a desk most of the day" association?

yellowfin
04-09-2011, 3:03 PM
Nice fair weather friends. Interesting we didn't hear very much from them in the previous 20 years.

Kid Stanislaus
04-09-2011, 3:21 PM
Nice fair weather friends. Interesting we didn't hear very much from them in the previous 20 years.

They probably had the good sense to keep a low profile whilst Daley was in power.

yellowfin
04-09-2011, 3:22 PM
Precisely, fair weather friends aka cowards.

Window_Seat
04-09-2011, 4:18 PM
Better late than never, and as I've said before... There's nothing wrong with throwing on flip-flops in favor of COTUS.

They probably had the good sense to keep a low profile whilst Daley was in power.

Precisely, fair weather friends aka cowards.

It's likely that they had no choice but to stay quiet on the issue because of the unfortunate power that Daley was given by the council members he was allowed to own.

Erik.

N6ATF
04-09-2011, 4:37 PM
Arrest the bastards, dump the evidence at FBI HQ.

MP301
04-09-2011, 8:58 PM

This. Glad Daley is gone. Im sure it would have been the moral high ground to piss away their careers to do what was right and support gun rights befoe now, but that aint the reality we live in. Better late then never I 'spose

The Shadow
04-09-2011, 10:16 PM
This is great, for the people of Illinois. But when are we going to see LE in California, step up and be counted ? Right now, all I see is LE supporting antigun legislation, except when it directly effects them. But I'll just stop there.

CalNRA
04-09-2011, 11:01 PM
This is great, for the people of Illinois. But when are we going to see LE in California, step up and be counted ? Right now, all I see is LE supporting antigun legislation, except when it directly effects them. But I'll just stop there.

Exactly.

When police associations in not just Illinois, but CHICAGO, supports citizen concealed carry, the silence from any police association in the state of CA is deafening.

tonelar
04-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Chicago police officers are being gunned down in front of their stations. Theyre backing ccw for citizens in the hope it changes the tide in their city.

choprzrul
04-10-2011, 5:13 AM
Good stuff. Anything like this coming out of Chicago is good for us.

craneman
04-10-2011, 7:12 AM
If this is legit (it is the internet afterall) it is a step in the right direction. Any support from LEO is important. Whether it comes late in the ballgame or not.