PDA

View Full Version : Know thy enemy. . .

Mooseeyes
04-09-2011, 12:53 AM
A very interesting current list compiled by the NRA-ILA, of organizations and individuals who have a history of being anti-gun.

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=15

As a group, and as individuals, we should be mindful of those on this list. We should do whatever we can to overcome the efforts of these listed groups and people, including getting the word out to no longer support the celebrities listed. Do not go to their movies, do not buy their music, etc.

Anyone with a positive idea on how to deal with any of these, might want to post it here. Let's see of our collective thoughts can result in some creative and effective means to proceed against those who would want to take our guns.

NotEnufGarage
04-09-2011, 1:13 AM
Good list to have. I don't patronize as many of them as I can.

mag360
04-09-2011, 1:31 AM
wow, i would love a list of PRO gun groups, celebrities and companies.

the anti one is too long, I'm pissed!

moosegun
04-09-2011, 1:32 AM
OMG only organization I didn't see on that list was NRA. and that list of actor/celebrities is like every actor/celeb.

I think it would be easier if you post a list who do not oppose gun rights

all kiddings aside I do have an idea. everyone watches/ or have watched youtube.. so someone do a short vid educating how getting rid of guns will hurt America like how it did in England and spread it. or a commercial calling all gun lovers to boycott certain celebs. as an example to others.

FF/EMT Nick
04-09-2011, 7:20 AM
Huh? Is it just me, or do a lot of the celebs that are on that list owe their career to guns? I.E. they star in a whole lot of action films, running around with two hand guns and jumping through the air while firing?:rolleyes:

And whats with the "American Firearms Association"? they don't sound anti-gun? Disingenuos bastards.

raycm2
04-09-2011, 9:04 AM
:confused: The American Firearms Association that I could find looks like a local club in Ohio that purports to advance 2A. Their website is hosted by GoDaddy, so lots of ads here (http://american-firearms-association.com/Home_Page.html).

woodsman
04-09-2011, 9:36 AM
Huh? Is it just me, or do a lot of the celebs that are on that list owe their career to guns? I.E. they star in a whole lot of action films, running around with two hand guns and jumping through the air while firing?:rolleyes:

And whats with the "American Firearms Association"? they don't sound anti-gun? Disingenuos bastards.

I just made the same comment to my wife.

I'd bet money that many of these anti gun actors have a firearm at home if not on themselves. Many keep armed security. Stallone is one of the biggest offenders.

At least Arnie wasn't on the list.

thrasherfox
04-09-2011, 10:07 AM

I have heard of a few organizations that anti-gun people have started and tried to make the organization they started "LOOK" like it is pro gun in order to get in behind enemy lines and get support from pro gun citizens.

They will do and say anything to push their anti gun agenda. Lying is the least of what they will do. lying comes to them as easily is breathing does

galekowitz
04-09-2011, 11:36 AM
I would like the logic the NRA used to determin the individuals are anti 2A.

Quser.619
04-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Wow, Sean Connery. Thought he had guns, seem to remember him talking about shotguns in an interview. Rest, not surprised by. Good to have a list to check against.

Alan Block
04-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Franlkly, if you've got that many 'Enemies' , you are doing something wrong.
I belong to at least one of those on the list and I have not seen ANY anti-gun rhetoric from them in several years (in their member publications), and I look for it too.

k1dude
04-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Looks like I'll have to dump my Sprint mobile service.

There's lots of hypocrisy on that list from actors who make their money using guns in movies and/or owning guns themselves to companies that make money glorifying violence.

Wernher von Browning
04-09-2011, 1:12 PM
Whoa there!!!

The link says, in part,

Anti-Gun Individuals & Celebrities

The following celebrities and national figures have lent their name and notoriety to anti-gun causes, speaking out for anti-gun legislation and providing a voice for anti-gun organizations.
Celebrities:

Bob Barker - TV Personality

I can prove he shoots. It was on Calguns. Not only that, I was there, man...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/archive/index.php/t-343121.html

Many more:
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=Bob+Barker+angeles+ranges&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=9386fb3187ff6d76

Now, I don't know what's going on here. I don't know on what the NRA bases its information. But we know that Barker shoots. If he has actually come out and voiced any anti-gun position, that would put him at the top of my Bald-Faced Hypocrite list, beating out even the professionals (politicians). I suspect the NRA got its "information" from his long history of animal rights activities. (Heck, he gave enough money to those anti-whaling guys for them to buy a boat and name it for him). The two positions are completely unrelated except where they overlap in the case of hunting. Barker can be pro-gun and pro-animals at the same time.

What was he doing at the range? Shooting a pistol at steel targets -- duckies and piggies and turkeys, oh my! :)

k1dude
04-09-2011, 1:27 PM
Whoa there!!!

The link says, in part,

Anti-Gun Individuals & Celebrities

The following celebrities and national figures have lent their name and notoriety to anti-gun causes, speaking out for anti-gun legislation and providing a voice for anti-gun organizations.
Celebrities:

Bob Barker - TV Personality

I can prove he shoots. It was on Calguns. Not only that, I was there, man...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/archive/index.php/t-343121.html

Many more:
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=Bob+Barker+angeles+ranges&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=9386fb3187ff6d76

Now, I don't know what's going on here. I don't know on what the NRA bases its information. But we know that Barker shoots. If he has actually come out and voiced any anti-gun position, that would put him at the top of my Bald-Faced Hypocrite list, beating out even the professionals (politicians). I suspect the NRA got its "information" from his long history of animal rights activities. (Heck, he gave enough money to those anti-whaling guys for them to buy a boat and name it for him). The two positions are completely unrelated except where they overlap in the case of hunting. Barker can be pro-gun and pro-animals at the same time.

What was he doing at the range? Shooting a pistol at steel targets -- duckies and piggies and turkeys, oh my! :)

You haven't been paying close enough attention. There are scads of celebrities/politicians that are overtly anti-gun that own guns themselves. They're elitists that think only THEY should be allowed to own them because they're special. But not the general public, oh no no no! Heaven forbid. Do as I say, not as I do.

SJgunguy24
04-09-2011, 1:32 PM
I just made the same comment to my wife.

I'd bet money that many of these anti gun actors have a firearm at home if not on themselves. Many keep armed security. Stallone is one of the biggest offenders.

At least Arnie wasn't on the list.

No, he just signed anti gun legislation into law.:rolleyes:

InGrAM
04-09-2011, 1:46 PM
NOOOO!!! NOT SEINFELD!!!! omfg... That annoys me. Well at least I don't give a **** about anyone else on the list.

It's so funny how action stars can be anti gun.... GUNS ARE HOW THEY MAKE A LIVING!!!! ugh....

FourTenJaeger
04-09-2011, 5:28 PM
Kevin bacon is on that list, Suprising.

Oh well. Most are just elitists anyways. Others are usual suspects.

dunndeal
04-09-2011, 5:37 PM
I'm amazed at the number of people who are very likely of the Jewish faith. I'm a firm believer that if every Jewish family in Germany during the 1930's was armed with a Mauser and a box of ammunition Adolf Hitler would be nothing more than a footnote in 20th century European history.

KarLorian
04-09-2011, 5:48 PM
I am not trying to make excuses or anything for these schmucks.

But could it be possible that an agent or other image related assistant may have put out a press release indicating how their star/company was not glorifying violence in their movie/cd? Which then gets misconstrued into an Anti-Gun position by the press/Brady Bunch.

I am not saying that this is even likely for the majority of this list, but it is possible.

Mainly, like galekowitz said:

I would like the logic the NRA used to determine the individuals are anti 2A.

We don't know why all of these folks are on this list, just that they are on it...

The Shadow
04-09-2011, 5:56 PM
Well it's nice to know that Garrison Keillor isn't on the list. I can listen to "Prairie Home Companion", and not feel guilty.

MP301
04-09-2011, 8:24 PM
I dont doubt that the people and corps on this list have done or said something anti. However, I sure would love more details and id like to see the NRA fill us in. Im sure there are some far worse then others, but probably some low level offenders as well.

Details! We want them!

I am glad that Gary Larson wasnt on the list!

Dreaded Claymore
04-09-2011, 8:27 PM
OMG only organization I didn't see on that list was NRA. and that list of actor/celebrities is like every actor/celeb.

I think it would be easier if you post a list who do not oppose gun rights

Yeah, pretty much. I don't have any idea how the NRA made this list, but every celebrity ever is on there. Although I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it was accurate, given that celebrities are trained to believe that they are better and more deserving than other people.

mosinnagantm9130
04-09-2011, 8:34 PM
Why is Bob Barker on the list? There was a thread on here a while back about how a couple of CGer's met him at a range.

Hogxtz
04-09-2011, 8:47 PM
OH NO... NOT Jane Fonda... I cant beleive it. Who would have ever thought?? Is she eve:43:n still alive?

Wernher von Browning
04-09-2011, 8:59 PM
Why is Bob Barker on the list? There was a thread on here a while back about how a couple of CGer's met him at a range.

That was my question. NRA should back up why they feel somebody deserves to be on their *hit list.

Just because he may object to hunting, doesn't mean he's anti-gun. He's only anti one application of guns. (He may object to bow hunting, too. That has nothing to do with banning or grabbing guns. There's a fine line there).

I understand that some personalities have a public anti-gun face while they secretly have guns at home, but a recognizable public figure like Barker going to a public range and shooting in public, makes me wonder just how anti he is. I hope the NRA isn't stooping to the same kind of tactics that the other side likes to use.

But the best part is that Bob Barker passed out on the range on a Thursday. That's half-price day. Makes sense; on Thursdays, the price is right.

Wernher von Browning
04-09-2011, 9:07 PM
OH NO... NOT Jane Fonda... I cant beleive it.

Jane Fonda loooooves guns. Just not the little tiny girlie-man guns that most of you fool with. No, she wants a man with a REAL gun. Here she is hangin' out with her buds at the shootin' range.

http://www.post-gazette.com/images4/20060501HO_jane_fonda_viet_230.jpg

http://www.1stcavmedic.com/jane_fonda.htm

Yeah, she's been into guns ever since she outgrew the training bra.
http://www.trailershut.com/movie-posters/Barbarella-Movie-Poster.jpg

http://www.posters.ws/images/275150/jane_fonda.jpg

(I have no idea what that is but it sure points like what is generically called a "gun.") There ya go, another anti happy to get rich off of "do as I say, not as I play."

USMC VET
04-09-2011, 9:47 PM
Kevin Costner!!!!!! Wow atleast the sportsworld has big Ben and Merrill hodge.

Mirage
04-09-2011, 10:13 PM
Could it be the actors guild applying pressure, or Studios/directors CYA/liability concerns? Worried about being sued for advocating violence?
If you want any work here, then you need to sign hear sort of thing.
I would like to hear from Bob Barker to know if he came under any such pressures?

Either way, I will only support those very few who have huevos to choose principles over money and fame.

Monte
04-09-2011, 10:21 PM
I was shocked -- SHOCKED! -- to see the Joyce Foundation listed.

BTW, the list needs citation.

Knight_Who_Says_Ni
04-10-2011, 8:00 AM
Matt Damon is on there? There goes all the thrill in watching the Bourne movies!

NoJoke
04-10-2011, 8:03 AM
I'm amazed at the number of people who are very likely of the Jewish faith. I'm a firm believer that if every Jewish family in Germany during the 1930's was armed with a Mauser and a box of ammunition Adolf Hitler would be nothing more than a footnote in 20th century European history.

My 13 year old daughter had a project, had to write a paper re: Shindlers list.
We watched the movie.
I commented, I bet if the Jewish people all had guns, the sequence of events might not have happened so easily and so quickly....if at all. I reminded her that once America becomes disarmed, the Leader could do whatever they want....in a similar fasion (in theory anyway).

Not shortly thereafter, she won first place in an art show at her school. The kids at her school level were doing fancy penmenship old school scroll lettering. They had to pick something from the Constitution/Amendments to write out.

Guess what she chose......?????

The 2A! ....you go girl! :D