PDA

View Full Version : Which upper NOT to buy?

shooterdude
04-08-2011, 6:31 PM
Building another politically incorrect assault rifle to annoy the conservatives. Wondering which upper I shouldn't consider?

themailman
04-08-2011, 6:55 PM
The ones that can be found when searching this topic. Youve been here long enough to know that.

Sam
04-08-2011, 7:20 PM
The conservatives don't like your guns?

c20rj
04-08-2011, 7:28 PM
Blackthorne products=junk. Armalite uppers most standard A2 styles and lenghts 525.00 Armalite.com

ChrisTKHarris
04-08-2011, 7:28 PM
What the heck is this? lol

pyro3k2
04-08-2011, 7:34 PM
Building another politically incorrect assault rifle to annoy the Brady campaign. Wondering which rifle I shouldn't consider?

Fixed it for you and this is my suggestion
http://images33.fotki.com/v1187/photos/4/47955/6102178/RPK_right3-vi.jpg

xbimmers
04-08-2011, 7:39 PM
You got it all wrong. The conservatives want you to have all of your gun rights. The liberals are the ones that don't want you to have guns....

Building another politically incorrect assault rifle to annoy the conservatives. Wondering which upper I shouldn't consider?

Bhobbs
04-08-2011, 8:00 PM

If you built an assault rifle you would be pissing off the Feds. They don't like unregistered full autos.

Besides its the libtards that generally don't like your 2A rights.

Cato
04-08-2011, 10:44 PM
I've had nothing but trouble with my Stag.

shooterdude
04-09-2011, 6:17 AM
I've had nothing but trouble with my Stag.

Actually, Stag is on my list of parts to consider. What kind of trouble?

metalliman545
04-09-2011, 6:41 AM
A broken one. One that's not in the caliber you intend to shoot.

Darklyte27
04-09-2011, 7:08 AM
the one you cant afford

ArkinDomino
04-09-2011, 1:03 PM
Don't buy Stag.

SPR18
04-09-2011, 2:27 PM
Don't buy Stag.

??????????:confused:

pyro3k2
04-09-2011, 4:27 PM
Don't buy Stag.

hope your flame suit is zipped up tight.

Seeker
04-09-2011, 7:20 PM
Don't buy Stag.

Why?

Cato
04-09-2011, 8:53 PM
Actually, Stag is on my list of parts to consider. What kind of trouble?

I get a double feed every 20 rounds, like clockwork. Once I even got a double feed with a round stuck above the bolt. I couldn't clear the jam with tools I had at the range; I had to go home and use large pliers and a hammer to pull the rounds out and free the bolt.

I did some internet research and this is pretty common among the Stag lefty carbines. It has to do with the lefty bolt that wasn't perfected. I built it back when complete rifles weren't available yet. So, sucks to be me, since I don't get that famous Stag rifle lifetime warranty. I'm not a range rat (I'm more into C&R) so it took me a few years to find the problem and its origin.

What gets me is you'd think that Stag would take a dozen lefty carbines and run a few thousand rounds through them. Apparently, this wasn't part of their quality control process.

Rob454
04-09-2011, 8:54 PM
I have a blackthorne upper and it shoots fine. Must of gotten one built on a good day I guess. I have another one one I got on trade from a buddy BNIB and I haven't shot it but it looks fine also.
I don't know much about AR uppers but supposedly Blackthorne is bad. I haven't had any problems with mine so i cant give it a negative rating.

1forall
04-09-2011, 9:07 PM
the one you cant afford

Beat me to it.

stitchnicklas
04-09-2011, 9:58 PM
Don't buy Stag.

does the hate keep you warm in that suit???:22::rofl::rofl:

a stag is a fine rifle and i love mine...

stitchnicklas
04-09-2011, 10:03 PM
I get a double feed every 20 rounds, like clockwork. Once I even got a double feed with a round stuck above the bolt. I couldn't clear the jam with tools I had at the range; I had to go home and use large pliers and a hammer to pull the rounds out and free the bolt.

I did some internet research and this is pretty common among the Stag lefty carbines. It has to do with the lefty bolt that wasn't perfected. I built it back when complete rifles weren't available yet. So, sucks to be me, since I don't get that famous Stag rifle lifetime warranty. I'm not a range rat (I'm more into C&R) so it took me a few years to find the problem and its origin.

What gets me is you'd think that Stag would take a dozen lefty carbines and run a few thousand rounds through them. Apparently, this wasn't part of their quality control process.

so it was a stag parts and not complete pre-headspaced upper that you bought then???
we that build are own are responsible for all the manufacturing defects,that is why i bought a complete upper pre-headspaced and warrantied ,not to rag on your build or anything.

a blackthorne is mix-matched parts and the company changes name s alot too,not real stable if you must change your name alot...

tomyboy
04-10-2011, 9:21 PM

Just an FYI, to clear that type of jam, one must pull the charging handle while driving the butt of the rifle into the deck. That will clear it, just be aware of the muzzle.

Cato
04-10-2011, 9:59 PM
so it was a stag parts and not complete pre-headspaced upper that you bought then???
we that build are own are responsible for all the manufacturing defects,that is why i bought a complete upper pre-headspaced and warrantied ,not to rag on your build or anything.

a blackthorne is mix-matched parts and the company changes name s alot too,not real stable if you must change your name alot...

Oh, it was a complete upper (test fired and zeroed at the factory). The rest of the gun was all from Stag parts too.

There's a reason why Stags are among the least expensive ARs out there.

The Electrician
04-10-2011, 10:15 PM
I love my spikes so far!!! Round count is only 200