PDA

View Full Version : Moving to California

emsp
04-08-2011, 4:39 PM
I am new to Calguns and about to move into the East Bay area of San Fran and looking forward to it. Being from PA all these new laws is somewhat overwhelming. Now to be clear from everything I have read is that I cant buy a DSC Combat Pistol in CA but I can move into CA previously owning it, is this correct? I have read all the info I can but looking for some actual verification. Trying to be legally compliant, have to sell my Judge, which im not happy about but what can you do?

Steyrlp10
04-08-2011, 4:43 PM
I am new to Calguns and about to move into the East Bay area of San Fran and looking forward to it.

Welcome aboard -- San Francisco's not in the East Bay, but Oakland, Berkeley, Albany, etc. are. You'll find some good ranges if you are in the East Bay -- have fun :)

BayAreaShooter
04-08-2011, 5:01 PM
Welcome aboard. I would be pretty mad about selling the Judge too. Thats just the beginning. Welcome to California. :D

den888
04-08-2011, 5:35 PM
Welcome!

SoCal Bob
04-08-2011, 6:15 PM
Welcome to Calguns & California. Another thing to note is that magazines with a capacity over 10 are considered evil by California but may enter the state if you disassemble them prior to entry and leave them disassembled. Best not to sell them or leave them behind in case California ever drops the magazine size restrictions.

Full Clip
04-08-2011, 6:46 PM
Moving to CA? My condolences.

SHEPHERD321
04-08-2011, 7:32 PM
In PA you can walk around town with the Judge strapped to your hip, loaded, without a permit(except in filty). I'm worried about the culture shock also.

NapaPlinker
04-08-2011, 7:38 PM
Im sorry for your loss sir.

ElvenSoul
04-08-2011, 7:51 PM
I'd be woried about finding a real steak and chesse.

emsp
04-08-2011, 7:53 PM
To clarify I will be in Livermore and yes i enjoy the rights here in PA but couldn't turn down the job offer. Can I put blocks in my mags or load only 10 in them or do I have to purchase cal legal ones? I was curious about the approved list because I want to buy a DSC Combat Pistol now because I cant buy one once I get there, but i don't want to spend the money if I have to turn around and sell it. Is there anywhere to do any wild hog hunting?

BayAreaShooter
04-08-2011, 8:32 PM
To clarify I will be in Livermore and yes i enjoy the rights here in PA but couldn't turn down the job offer. Can I put blocks in my mags or load only 10 in them or do I have to purchase cal legal ones? I was curious about the approved list because I want to buy a DSC Combat Pistol now because I cant buy one once I get there, but i don't want to spend the money if I have to turn around and sell it. Is there anywhere to do any wild hog hunting?

Yes you can block them but I would suggest just disassembling them and keeping them for a rainy day and buying new one's. There is a great shooting range in Livermore that I frequent every Saturday. Send me a PM on Calguns when you get settled in if you want to go shooting.

zod
04-08-2011, 8:52 PM
Sorry to hear that, but welcome! Good to have you here!

DeanW66
04-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Welcome aboard (both CA and CGN). I don't want to try and answer your detailed questions in case I get them wrong. But, try in the general or handgun subforums. Possibly the Qs or similar ones have been asked before. People "who know" don't always look in newb's forum for Qs.

Falconis
04-09-2011, 2:08 AM
Can't "sell" the judge to a relative for safe keeping? Yes you can transfer your handguns to Ca, and a block on the magazines is definately an option

moosegun
04-09-2011, 2:14 AM
I am new to Calguns and about to move into the East Bay area of San Fran and looking forward to it. Being from PA all these new laws is somewhat overwhelming. Now to be clear from everything I have read is that I cant buy a DSC Combat Pistol in CA but I can move into CA previously owning it, is this correct? I have read all the info I can but looking for some actual verification. Trying to be legally compliant, have to sell my Judge, which im not happy about but what can you do?

welcome to Cali.. now bend over.. ready to get screwed. :( . I would list all the things we can't have compared to others states..but there's to many.

mikaarce
04-09-2011, 3:59 AM
Welcome

emsp
04-09-2011, 6:17 AM
thanks for the warm welcome and the doublestar corp combat pistol has been on my wish list but since I cant buy it out there got to get it here. Next question is where can i get involved to get some some these ridiculous laws changed?