PDA

View Full Version : Mini 14 question?

Jtp0711
04-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Hi, I have a question about my mini 14. Ive noticed some of the Mini14 rifles have a screw/bolt that goes through the stock right under the reciever and some do not. Mine does not have the screw/bolt through the stock. What is the purpose of the screw? Is it just a support for the stock? My rifle has a synthetic stock but ive seen some synthetic stocks with the screw and some without? thanks for your help.

bohoki
04-08-2011, 5:33 PM
do you mean the screws that holds in the mag well framework

dfletcher
04-08-2011, 5:52 PM
Hi, I have a question about my mini 14. Ive noticed some of the Mini14 rifles have a screw/bolt that goes through the stock right under the reciever and some do not. Mine does not have the screw/bolt through the stock. What is the purpose of the screw? Is it just a support for the stock? My rifle has a synthetic stock but ive seen some synthetic stocks with the screw and some without? thanks for your help.

If you're talking about the screws on either side of the stock they are used to hold the receiver bracket in place. The rifle's receiver sets into the steel bracket and is locked in with the trigger guard. Alot of synthetic stocks, like the Hogue, don't use this set up. This set up is used in the Garand and M1A also.

Jtp0711
04-08-2011, 8:02 PM
Thanks dfletcher. I couldnt figure out what those were for since my rifle doesnt have them.