PDA

View Full Version : Have some AR questions

jrbdad
04-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Looking at uppers to go with lower I have already assembled. Del-Ton list F marked front sight base or standered A2, what is differnce? I want a front sight base and be able to put on carry handle or scope and not have sighting issues. What is differnce between pre and post ban. And is there any advantage to M4 feed ramp if I am getting 20in barrel?

Thanks

dieselpower
04-08-2011, 12:05 PM
F marked is for Flat tops. It places the bottom of the post at the proper deck height, its only an issue for extreme accuracy. You can still properly zero a mis-matched front sight base and rear BUIS.

pre-ban refers to the 1994 AW features ban, which was pistol grip, bayonet lug and flash hiders. a pre-ban has all three, while a post ban will not have a bayonet lug or flash hider. Since the 94 AWB is over, it gets confusing. Just assume if someone says its a post-ban upper it has no lug and the muzzle device is a brake or comp NOT a flash hider.

there is no need for M4 ramps on a semi-automatic at all, but if there is a benefit to them its on a carbine NOT a 20" rifle.

hope this helps.

jrbdad
04-08-2011, 12:11 PM
That's what I needed to know, thanks.