PDA

View Full Version : Interarms AK-47?

pacifico23
04-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Anyone have one? Curious about them. Amongst my endless quest of what AK to get with my return I came across the Interarms ak47 on AtlanticFirearms. How are the qualities. I tried researching there is only a couple of reviews on it. I think its about 649.00 or so. Think its worth it? Would a saiga to convert cost less than this? I want a traditional one for my first one.

And also side note.. Would you rather have a....

Arsenal Ak Sgl-21 and a Rock Island 1911 Tactical.

Or.

The Interarms or Saiga conversion and a Springfield Loaded 1911?

I think they come out around the same price. Decisions Decisions...

Rekrab
04-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Not really your options but I'd personally build the AK myself(either from a kit and flat, or do a conversion) and then used my saved money to buy the RIA Tac. I love the Tactical, so hot.

pacifico23
04-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Not really your options but I'd personally build the AK myself(either from a kit and flat, or do a conversion) and then used my saved money to buy the RIA Tac. I love the Tactical, so hot.

I want to eventually build one. But I have never done it and honestly never even shot one. I have leanred a lot trying to figure out which one to get, I prob could build one. But I think it would be smarter and safer to own one first.

Bluhdow!
04-08-2011, 1:06 PM
SGL 21

Beatone
04-08-2011, 1:21 PM
I have one of their AK74's and the quality is very good. It functions flawlessly. I would have no problem buying another rifle from them. A friend shot mine and immediately picked one up for himself.

Rekrab
04-08-2011, 1:28 PM
I want to eventually build one. But I have never done it and honestly never even shot one. I have leanred a lot trying to figure out which one to get, I prob could build one. But I think it would be smarter and safer to own one first.

Eh... Smarter? No. Safer? Only if you don't do your homework and get help form an experienced builder.

But I can't fault you for being cautious. I would go out and shoot one first, you might find you don't like it at all. Personally, I love mine but I hate the maglock solution for AKs. My two AK rifles are configured featureless so they don't have the goofy mag lock on them.

Personally, I wouldn't drop the coin on an Arsenal. I'd rather get a well inspected WASR-10 and call it a day. Arsenal, if you get their CA specific model, has a goofy proprietary magazine lock and I'd rather not deal with that. I like the idea of being able to pop my mag locks off once I'm out of state or the AW ban gets repealed. More importantly, I want the option of going featureless.

pacifico23
04-08-2011, 1:53 PM
Eh... Smarter? No. Safer? Only if you don't do your homework and get help form an experienced builder.

But I can't fault you for being cautious. I would go out and shoot one first, you might find you don't like it at all. Personally, I love mine but I hate the maglock solution for AKs. My two AK rifles are configured featureless so they don't have the goofy mag lock on them.

Personally, I wouldn't drop the coin on an Arsenal. I'd rather get a well inspected WASR-10 and call it a day. Arsenal, if you get their CA specific model, has a goofy proprietary magazine lock and I'd rather not deal with that. I like the idea of being able to pop my mag locks off once I'm out of state or the AW ban gets repealed. More importantly, I want the option of going featureless.

I def dont want a Wasr. And I wouldnt get the Sgl-23 the ca legal one. Rifle Gear and I think New Frontier sell the reg 21's. No way am I not getting a detachable mag-lock. Ive heard enough bad things about wasr where I dont feel comfortable getting one. I would rather pay the extra bucks.

Rekrab
04-08-2011, 3:30 PM
The problems with the Wasrs are there. However, a properly inspected one is fine. Henderson Defense, one of CGN's sponsors, offers certified Wasrs that they have personally inspected for defects. I've never read any complaints about a WASR bought from Henderson.

vintagedude88
04-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Plenty of people who have WASRs are happy with them. The old WASRs use to be a Century build from parts kits which were where most of the problems came from. The more recent WASRs are imported straight from Romania and the only thing that Century does to them is make them compliant with 922r.

The problem with converting a Saiga is that it will cost you almost as much as buying an Arsenal in the end so you might as well buy an Arsenal from the get go.