PDA

View Full Version : Red Alert: Thursday April 7 @ UC Davis

jdberger
04-08-2011, 12:48 AM
Sorry for the late notice but I just found out about this event (my source at LCAV musta been sleeping).

It would be great to have a few Calgunners there to report on events - maybe ask a couple of probing questions like, "Mr. Van Houten, in you've said that you're in favor of reasonable regulations. Other than the regulations struck in Heller and McDonald can you tell us what regulations you consider unreasonable?"

Implementing the Second Amendment (http://www.thefacultylounge.org/2011/04/implementing-the-second-amendment.html)
At High Noon on Thursday, April 7th, I will be speaking at UC Davis Law School on the problems of implementing the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. This event, sponsored by the American Constitution Society chapter at Davis, also features UC Davis law professor Carlton Larson and Benjamin Van Houten of the Legal Community Against Violence. I do not know the room number yet.

Link is in the title.

If you go - please wear a collared shirt. Be respectful. Ask probing questions like the one above. You might also ask Mr. Van Houten how he can square LCAV's quest for additional laws when their own Executive Director Juliet Leftwich admitted that gun laws don't have any effect on crime (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=413555)(in an interview with Omar Samaha in late March).

WYB5A1TyKMM

Liberty1
04-08-2011, 1:17 AM
You posted today for an event yesterday? You board members have been working too hard. Take last Friday off and get some rest!

nicki
04-08-2011, 2:41 AM
They got away this time.

The LCAV(Legal Community against VICTIMS) will use colleges because if college kids are careless enough to get VD(Veneral Disease), they think they are indoctrinated enough to support VD(Victim Disarmanent).

Perhaps having a Calguns presence on Campus is something we need to look into.

The most likely source of recruiting college students would probably be college Republicans and Libertarians. ROTC probably also would be a good source.

The issue is where do we start and how do we reach the college students.

First, it is going to require people who can commit time/money to make this happen.

If we do this, it means we have eyes and ears in the Universities.

The Libtards get a free pass at the Universities so many young people hear only the LIBTARD point of view.

When students hear significant alternatives like RON PAUL, they flip from APATHETIC to full on ACTIVIST.

Nicki

jdberger
04-08-2011, 7:54 AM
Sorry folks....I'm an idiot.

Nevermind.

Window_Seat
04-08-2011, 8:15 AM
Did the event already happen, or was the date just a typo? If it already happened, is there video, transcripts? I'm very interested to see how this went. :popcorn:

Erik.

jl123
04-08-2011, 8:18 AM
Hot tub time machine time..........

CHS
04-08-2011, 8:46 AM
Sorry folks....I'm an idiot.

Nevermind.

Happens to the best of us :)

jdberger
04-08-2011, 9:22 AM
I've inquired about a transcript.

It would have been an interesting event.

About ACS

The American Constitution Society is a national organization of law students, law professors, judges, practicing lawyers and others. We seek to revitalize and transform the legal debate, from law school classrooms, to federal courtrooms, to the congressional hearing rooms where judicial nominations are weighed. Through our student chapter, we are working to:

Counter the dominant vision of American law today a narrow conservative vision that lacks appropriate regard for the ways in which the law affects people's lives.

Strengthen the intellectual foundations of and the public case for a more progressive vision of the law on such issues as: privacy; freedom of speech; federalism; antidiscrimination and affirmative action; gay rights; reproductive choice; disability rights; labor and consumer rights; protection of health, safety, and the environment; the death penalty; the criminal justice system; immigration; and international human rights.

Build a strong network of law students, professors, lawyers, judges, and others all across the country, ready to work for change in American law.

Restore the fundamental principles of respect for human dignity, protection of individual rights and liberties, genuine equality, and access to justice to their rightful, and traditionally central, place in American law.

Somehow I'm not confident that they're sympathetic to the 2A.