PDA

View Full Version : Mak90 from PA to CA?

screamindeuce
04-07-2011, 9:50 PM
DELETED

G-forceJunkie
04-07-2011, 9:54 PM
Nope. Unless you cut up the receiver, its still a banned firearm.

luckystrike
04-07-2011, 10:00 PM
does it say Norinco or MAK90 anywhere on it?

luckystrike
04-07-2011, 10:15 PM
damn, that bums me out....
unfortunately youl have to cut the receiver into 3 pieces with .5in of metal removed with each cut. however when you do that your only a receiver, rivets and a few hours of work short on a nice AK.

bollero
04-08-2011, 6:07 AM
Cut it up and build a rifle out of the parts... with a new receiver..

Arisaka
04-08-2011, 6:28 AM
Why not disassemble it in PA, bring the parts here and build on a legal reciever? I don't see why you should destroy the reciever if you leave it back east...

goodlookin1
04-08-2011, 7:21 AM
damn, that bums me out....
unfortunately youl have to cut the receiver into 3 pieces with .5in of metal removed with each cut. however when you do that your only a receiver, rivets and a few hours of work short on a nice AK.

My dad had a MAK90 years ago before his entire safe of about 20 guns (and my inheritance) was stolen. That thing was the biggest piece of junk in the safe. Heavy, thumbhole stock, canted front sight, inaccurate....certainly nothing to brag about.

Maybe he had a lemon...

luckystrike
04-08-2011, 8:19 AM
My dad had a MAK90 years ago before his entire safe of about 20 guns (and my inheritance) was stolen. That thing was the biggest piece of junk in the safe. Heavy, thumbhole stock, canted front sight, inaccurate....certainly nothing to brag about.

Maybe he had a lemon...

he must have had a lemon. I got to use one awhile back and I thought it was put together and fit nicely, accuracy was decent for an ak and functioned just fine. Ill admit the thumbhole stock was lame.

CSACANNONEER
04-08-2011, 8:22 AM
I would either leave it where it is or sell it. It is not finacially beneficial to demil it and then build a new gun from a flat. Also, AFAIK, MAK flats are not available yet. I say, sell it in PA and use the money to buy or build a Ca legal one here.

louie
04-08-2011, 9:47 AM
Sell it over there and w/ the money buy one over here. Mak90's are now for the most part highly sought after. Check on GunBroker and you will see they rarely go for less than $500.00 and some go for much more. The original Chinese guns are now going for over 1k for the most part. I remember buying one at Briklee's in So El Monte for 159.00 plus tax and Dros. I traded it for a Schwinn bike for my wife. Big mistake!!!! I wish I had bought 20 of them at that price, but as the saying goes, hindsight is always 20 20.

frankm
04-08-2011, 10:04 AM
I cut mine up, sold the parts, and used the money to buy and convert a Saiga. Now I have a Russian AK. Screw KA commies.

comblock
04-08-2011, 1:18 PM
If the Receiver is milled i would reconsider cutting it up. Even better than saigas for the price.