View Full Version : WTS Custom Coach Gun, $180

04-07-2011, 8:54 PM
Up for sale here is a custom made coach gun, originally intended for CAS use. Was originally a full length Boito shotgun, and is chambered in 12 gauge.

Good stuff: Custom work includes barrels shortened to 18 1/4, refinished in antique brown, wood refinished in a natural waxed finish, a few decorative brass tacks added, as well as a set of sling swivels. The action is unmodified as the triggers are pretty good and safety works solidly, and the gun locks up solid as a rock. I had planned on polishing out the chambers so the empties drop out, a common mod for CAS guns, but I never got around to it. Will still do it for the buyer if they want, if they'll pay for a few bucks worth of polishing paste.

Repairs, done and to do: Forend is loose but I'm going to be fixing that today probably, and it doesn't effect the lock up at all. Pistol grip has a chip where it meets the stock. Checkering has a couple nicks on one side of the pistol grip. The gun had a tendency to occasionally light-strike on the left barrel, meaning that sometimes when you pull the trigger on the left barrel, the hammer falls and dents the primer but doesn't discharge the round, though it would always fire on a second attempt. I recently did some adjustments to fix it and it hasn't done it recently, but if the problem came back it would probably need a gunsmith to fix it permanently.

Price is $150, marked down from $250 because of the light-strike possibility and that I want to make a quick sale. I'm currently located in Santa Monica. I'm only selling it because I need the money and never have time to shoot it anymore, the gun's built like a tank and could serve well as a general shooter, a CAS gun, or for a fun gun smithing project.

Also, just so we're all clear, I intend to obey state and federal laws to the fullest extent in the sale of this firearm. Transfer will be face to face preferably, all shipping and FFL fees are up to the buyer. The cheapest DROS fee I know of is at Turners in the Valley ($35 and they make you buy a lock so it ends up being about $41), would be fine doing it there or if someone knows a cheaper place let me know as I'm not picky.

Note: Knives and sling not included in sale. Also, thread reposted since my old thread was too old to bump.

Modertators: could you update my thread title? I'm trying to figure out how to change the price in the thread title and can't manage it. Thanks!

04-08-2011, 7:57 PM
ill take it, pm sent

04-09-2011, 10:55 AM
second in line

04-09-2011, 11:28 AM