PDA

View Full Version : AR build list

kustomkat1950
04-07-2011, 4:27 PM
Hello all, new to the site... got a bunch of guns but looking to build my first black rifle..
Trying to keep it under 1k but its just money right...Here is what I need...

What to order? and sequence...

Our local gunsmith has lowers...im buying one tommorow.

what hidden costs and how can I build my AR right...

dieselpower
04-07-2011, 4:32 PM
use my links

search these forums

search Youtube.

kustomkat1950
04-07-2011, 4:37 PM
thanks a bunch....just looking for direction in this build..

tomd1584
04-07-2011, 4:48 PM
All the answers can be found by searching...

try: "AR build", "First build", "build list", etc, etc.

Good luck!

apbrian112
04-07-2011, 5:00 PM
click on my sig... there are a lot of variables that people can't guess at. Such as: what type of shooting will you be doing, what kind of look you're after, optics or irons, etc. etc.

as far as building your lower goes: it's definately a DIY type thing with vast amounts of resources to walk you through the process.

upper: depends on what you want to do with the rifle

caliber: "..."

AlliedArmory
04-07-2011, 5:02 PM
You can have a very nice black rifle under $1000

Stripper Lower Receiver
Lower Receiver Parts Kit
Stock and mounting kit
Complete Upper
Sights
Magazine Lock (Unless you are building a featureless rifle)
Magazines & Ammo

kustomkat1950
04-07-2011, 5:10 PM
thanks guys, normally I check the search first, just wanted to get direction in what I should do..

here is the deal..should I buy a Ca legal AR-15 for 799.00 and deal with the blankoff plate where the magwell should be?

Or build my own...

apbrian112
04-07-2011, 5:26 PM
build your own... for a lot of reasons. you can almost always get a better rifle if you build it yourself.

actually, if i were you i'd look around the Marketplace here... you can get some smokin' deals on complete rifles, parts, pretty much anything.

dieselpower
04-07-2011, 6:43 PM
thanks guys, normally I check the search first, just wanted to get direction in what I should do..

here is the deal..should I buy a Ca legal AR-15 for 799.00 and deal with the blankoff plate where the magwell should be?

Or build my own...

There are only two AR15s with plates welded over the magazine well and both are to be avoided if you can. I would buy a lower in this condition only if no other normal AR15 lower was around.

You do not need to weld over the magazine well any more. Those days ended in 2007 when the AG & DoJ did not stand up to judicial review. Since that time the magazine lock which is installed in place of the normal magazine release button is all that is needed.

Search youtube for "bullet button". There are many types and each forces the magazine to be dropped via the use of a tool thereby qualifying the rifle as having a fixed magazine.

Once your rifle doesn't have a detachable magazine, you can install a pistol grip and any other listed feature. Your only restriction is the now fixed magazine must have a capacity of 10 or less.

Once again, tell us where you are and we can direct you to a store. Once there you will be able to buy CA legal AR15s or AR15 components.