PDA

View Full Version : Stag Arms 10/30 mags from Riflegear

nickarino
04-07-2011, 2:52 PM
I bought two of these mags and low and behold I am able to stuff an 11th round in one of them. Granted it takes a lot of effort, but it can be done. I think these have tabs cut into the sides to limit them, so is there a way to fix this myself, or should I try to take it back to riflegear? Thanks for the help.

NDFMF
04-07-2011, 3:12 PM
If they are lanced on the side (tabs cut into them, like you said) sometimes you can push the tabs in a little more and that fixes the problem. I had that happen to me on a C-products 10/20 one time, and come to think of it, I think that is who makes the magazines for Stag if I am not mistaken. Give it a shot, or if you're worried about it, call Riflegear and ask for a replacement.

dieselpower
04-07-2011, 3:48 PM
Its a large capacity magazine that was permanently altered to limit its capacity to 10. STOP trying to break it and shove more in it.

I am sure Riflegear will be nice and exchange it for you. Me, I would tell you to pack sand. I sold you a 10/30. You altered it to 11/30, which is a large capacity magazine. Its ILLEGAL for YOU the OWNER of a LARGE CAPACITY magazine to GIVE, LOAN, LEND OR SELL a Large capacity magazine.

Your only way out is exemption PC12020 (b) (24). And you are lucky Riflegear fits that description.

dieselpower
04-07-2011, 3:53 PM
deleted

That is debatable now. One time I agreed with that... I do not agree. A legally defined large capacity magazine that was permanently altered to hold 10 or less can NEVER again be a large capacity magazine. AS PER the law.

Its a violation of PC12020 (a) (2) as defined by the wording "...cause to be manufactured...".

once a LCM has been altered to 10 or less, that is a one way street. Any reversal is a violation of law and must be fixed asap. The same as a semi-automatic rifle firing auto. It would be the same as removing a limiting block that was installed.

CHS
04-07-2011, 4:14 PM
If you didn't want an 11 round magazine, why on earth did you buy a modified 30rd'er?

Stick with these:
http://www.riflegear.com/p-995-asc-10-round-magazine-223556mm.aspx

shark92651
04-07-2011, 5:26 PM
As I recall the Stag mags are NHMTG mags. If you can shove an 11th round in then most likely the tab bent down and would have to be bent back up, but most likely shoving an 11th round in again would bend it down again. If you want to exchange it for another mag just bring it in.

jonnyt16
04-07-2011, 5:44 PM
I can't believe people actually worry about this.

comblock
04-07-2011, 5:48 PM

If you run a bullet buttoned AR then it would be something to worry about. But if your AR is featureless, then no worry at all. Cheers!

CHS
04-07-2011, 5:51 PM

That's not the problem. It's a perfectly valid thing to worry about.

What's a problem is the people that worry about this are the ones buying freaking 10/20 and 10/30 magazines. If you're worried about it, BUY 10RD-ONLY magazines.

tomd1584
04-07-2011, 6:30 PM
That is debatable now. One time I agreed with that... I do not agree. A legally defined large capacity magazine that was permanently altered to hold 10 or less can NEVER again be a large capacity magazine. AS PER the law.

Its a violation of PC12020 (a) (2) as defined by the wording "...cause to be manufactured...".

once a LCM has been altered to 10 or less, that is a one way street. Any reversal is a violation of law and must be fixed asap. The same as a semi-automatic rifle firing auto. It would be the same as removing a limiting block that was installed.

i deleted my comment to avoid the arguement/debate it would have caused.:cool2:

762.DEFENSE
04-07-2011, 7:41 PM
It'd be nice to hear or see that people actually contacted the source first before posting about it on Calguns.

...Just sayin'.

dieselpower
04-07-2011, 7:49 PM
i deleted my comment to avoid the arguement/debate it would have caused.:cool2:

you were too slow...:D